Potential trade

BuffaloWings

I have both Tony Romo & Aaron Rodgers with Matt Ryan as my 3rd QB. Luckily, I only get to start two of them. I'm in a pretty deep league (12 teams), so the free agents are pretty slim.

I have two trade offers right now....

From the first guy (who is a Cowpoke fan & has a huge man-crush on Romo), he wants to give me Drew Brees & Marshawn Lynch for Romo & Clinton Portis.

From the second guy (who's desperate for a QB), he wants to package Tomlinson & David Garrard and maybe a 3rd player for either Romo or Rodgers.

Personally, I'd rather not give up either QB right now, but I'm not terribly thrilled with my RBs - Portis, Kevin Faulk, TJ Duckett, Lendale White, and Rudi Johnson.

If you were me, which trade would you do? I'm leaning toward the first, since I feel both Brees & Lynch will give me as many points (if not more) than Romo & Portis. Romo can have those blow-up games and Portis is somewhat inconsistent, IMO.

From the second guy (who's desperate for a QB), he wants to package Tomlinson & David Garrard and maybe a 3rd player for either Romo or Rodgers.

How can you pass up the chance to get Tomlinson for your backup QB? Even if he's got a toe injury, there's too much upside. Then you just ride Romo all season except for the bye week.

How can you pass up the chance to get Tomlinson for your backup QB? Even if he's got a toe injury, there's too much upside. Then you just ride Romo all season except for the bye week.

Yeah this is not even remotely close even if you're concerned about LT2's health as I am.

I'm a big Brees fan but you have to think the gap between him & Romo widens now that he's missing Colston for a month or so.

The gap between Rodgers & Garrard otoh is likely to tighten by a lot.

Portis & Lynch is a wash.

I have both Tony Romo & Aaron Rodgers with Matt Ryan as my 3rd QB. Luckily, I only get to start two of them. I'm in a pretty deep league (12 teams), so the free agents are pretty slim.

I have two trade offers right now....

From the first guy (who is a Cowpoke fan & has a huge man-crush on Romo), he wants to give me Drew Brees & Marshawn Lynch for Romo & Clinton Portis.

Personally, I'd rather not give up either QB right now, but I'm not terribly thrilled with my RBs - Portis, Kevin Faulk, TJ Duckett, Lendale White, and Rudi Johnson.

If you were me, which trade would you do? I'm leaning toward the first, since I feel both Brees & Lynch will give me as many points (if not more) than Romo & Portis. Romo can have those blow-up games and Portis is somewhat inconsistent, IMO.

Tomlinson and Gerrard... and maybe a third player for Rogers? Why is this not a no-brainer? Sorry for the double negative.... why is this not un-confusing? ...er, WTF, take this deal and run! Sure Rogers is doing well so far, especially last game, but I think Tomlinson has a very good shot at out-performing him the rest of the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.