To me Raiders is a trap game.....we should beat this team

the raiders have been a very good running team for 2 years now, and now they have some insane talent at RB.

they also have some big play ability in returns, and their D can make big plays (sacks and ints).

they have what might be the biggest 1st pick qb bust in the history of the nfl and no WRs to speak of. if we scheme the right way on D we can force them to 3rd and long and not allow the draw to beat us, and that's as good as making them punt.

so we COULD lose this actually, but i expect us to get up 14 points and have them quit and start passing on us, which will possibly end jasuckasus career in the nfl.

I hate to nitpick, because I agree with everything you said, but I think that statement is no where near being correct. I'm sure there are plenty of names, Alex Smith being one, that are worse than JaMarcus. He's not even bad yet, this is only 2 games into his first year starting, I don't know how you can say that at this point.

OK, this time I will be serious.

The point is, the team should expect to win every game, even if the fans don't. The fans might expect the team to lose to a good team, but should only fear (but not expect) they might lose to a bad team. Of course, the team (and the fans) should be very concerned about every team.

1. The good teams for the obvious reasons

2. The bad teams because they are the opponents that the team is most likely to take for granted (or be less pumped up for) AND the opponent is desperate AND may be better than their record appears.

Well said.

I am concerned about every game--which annoys my wife ("You say every game is a 'big game'!!").

With this team, I am less concerned that they'll take a game for granted or lose because of lack of effort or looking past a team. But they could still lose to bad teams because in the NFL there's not a lot separating a good team from a bad team (e.g., a few unlucky turnovers on tipped passes).

I hate to nitpick, because I agree with everything you said, but I think that statement is no where near being correct. I'm sure there are plenty of names, Alex Smith being one, that are worse than JaMarcus. He's not even bad yet, this is only 2 games into his first year starting, I don't know how you can say that at this point.

some assumptions on my part, but he is a fat unmotivated guy, and he is as dumb as 2 posts.

he has a cannon, but is unathletic and may well be out of footy in a year or two.

also consider he is in the worst organization with a mad man leading it.

The sign of a mature team is putting teams away early and leaving no doubt.

It will be interesting to see how the bills respond to this.

It could easily be a trap game but we'll probably beat them if we play solid football and don't turn the ball over. I think this is a must win game because if we go 3 and 0 we'll have a lot of momentum heading on the road before the bye week going into St. Louis and then an interesting game against Arizona.