I don't get it. I just don't, but apparently I'm alone

Lv-Bills

They still have McNabb, and while he's solid, he's also the same QB who seems medicore at best numerous times during the course of a football season. More importantly, IMO, they still have the same crop of mediocre WR's like they've always had. Yeah, they'll bring pressure, and they have Andy Reid, blah blah blah.

Most importantly, their division is much better than it was when they won the division all those years in a row. Westbrook is still there, but he's always been there. The secondary is good, blah blah blah.

I don't know, these thoughts are random, but I still don't get it. They are solid, but why are they great all of a sudden.

I'll leave with this........I HATE DALLAS. FUGGIN HATE THEM. I'd rather bang Rosie O'Donnel than have lunch with Jerry Jones.

I'm just calling it now, Dallas will bring the pain tonight and rout the Eagles. The Eagles, while solid, are not elite. I don't get all their hype. Someone help me out on this please!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like their WR's. I think Brown, Curtis, and Jackson are great. And this Basket fellow has played nicely also.

Aside from TO.. when has McNabb ever had a really good WR? He's always done fine without them.

I mean I kind of agree with you, but they have looked good in their two one win.

Edit: oops

I really like their WR's. I think Brown, Curtis, and Jackson are great. And this Basket fellow has played nicely also.

Aside from TO.. when has McNabb ever had a really good WR? He's always done fine without them.

I mean I kind of agree with you, but they have looked good in their two wins.

Those WR's aren't great. I'll just go with Curtis. Great are Brandon Marshall, TO, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Moss, etc.......Curtis is OK. I mean, he's nice on a good team, but he's Kevin Curtis. Mediocre. Just like the rest of them.

I don't know. Like I said, I'm not mad....I just dont get it. I really don't. Can't put my finger on it though.

They still have McNabb, and while he's solid, he's also the same QB who seems medicore at best numerous times during the course of a football season. More importantly, IMO, they still have the same crop of mediocre WR's like they've always had. Yeah, they'll bring pressure, and they have Andy Reid, blah blah blah.

Most importantly, their division is much better than it was when they won the division all those years in a row. Westbrook is still there, but he's always been there. The secondary is good, blah blah blah.

I don't know, these thoughts are random, but I still don't get it. They are solid, but why are they great all of a sudden.

I'll leave with this........I HATE DALLAS. FUGGIN HATE THEM. I'd rather bang Rosie O'Donnel than have lunch with Jerry Jones.

I'm just calling it now, Dallas will bring the pain tonight and rout the Eagles. The Eagles, while solid, are not elite. I don't get all their hype. Someone help me out on this please!

DeSean Jackson was a big addition to the WR crew.

DeSean Jackson was a big addition to the WR crew.

Agreed.....but right now, he's a rook. I mean, he doens't add much in terms of greatness, at the moment. I can buy hype............but really, I'm still lost.

I just don't see it. Tonight should tell us alot.

Agreed.....but right now, he's a rook. I mean, he doens't add much in terms of greatness, at the moment. I can buy hype............but really, I'm still lost.

I just don't see it. Tonight should tell us alot.

Philly usually gives Dallas a pretty good game. Didn't they beat them, last year?

I agree that, on paper, Dallas is a much better club, and expect they will win. But, an Eagle victory wouldn't totally shock me.

Philly usually gives Dallas a pretty good game. Didn't they beat them, last year?

I agree that, on paper, Dallas is a much better club, and expect they will win. But, an Eagle victory wouldn't totally shock me.

What is strange is that I kind of agree. I just don't know where all of the press is coming that the NFC East all of sudden is this untamable beast and Philly is in the select group. Dallas is incredible on paper. The Giants are defending champs, so OK. But now Philly too. Every article you read it seems like you have to hear about the Eagles, Cowboys and Giants, and the rest of the NFL should just schitt themselves in fear.

IMO, the Eagles don't belong in that group.

I like McNabb because he has always been able to do more with less. Although his receivers are usually lackluster, Brian Westbrook coming out of the backfield is what makes Donovan's numbers look so good.

This team has made the playoffs without McNabb, but without Westbrook that wouldn't happen IMHO...

Thay still have a solid D. mcnabb appears to be healthy. They have a good receiving corps. And a top 5 running back. Add to that a stud TE in LJ Smith.

That's why they are being talked up, because barring injury they are a solid team top to bottom.

YES thats the spirit. I have him on my team. Need him to get a td tonight. <_<

No, I'm with you on this one. The Eagles seem to get a lot of attention, but every year, they never live up to their expectations. Except when the Pats* edged them in the Super Bowl.

McNabb is a very good player, but it always seems like he has bad luck. They get T.O. their Super Bowl year, and Owens played great in the Super Bowl on a bum leg, but Owens then throws McNabb under the bus. He might have had a reason to, b/c McNabb was allegedly partying almost up until game time, while Owens was rehabbing like a demon. However, T.O. went about it all wrong, as T.O. did in his pre-Dallas days.

Other than McNabb and Westbrook, I can't name anyone else on the Eagles. The Cowboys will beat them tonight, rather easily, setting up a big early-season Sunday nighter next week against the Packers at Lambeau Field.

I think they get torched tonight. LJ Smith a stud? Hell, he was on more fantasy waiver wires than Anthony Fasano last week.

You mean last year? Like when he was injured. <_<

Seriously do a search. Lori did a little writeup after the season and he was one of the guys the Bills targeted in the FA, because he can block and catch with the best of him.