Very surprised to see Jags in their dark unis

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I heard from a friend that Del Rio actually said he wanted to see how tough his players were. If that is true, and I have no reason to believe it wasn't, that was a ridiculously stupid thing to do. But typical Del Rio. En route to watching the Bills game at a Bills Backers bar, I was listening to Dan Reeves on a pre-game show. He was talking about how hot it was going to be in the Carolina game. He mentioned that Tom Landry was the first to have the home team wear the white and when he was a player, he and his teammates used to to laugh at the other team sweating in their dark unis. This is from a former player and coach who should know. He intimated that it made a BIG difference.

Was that in his post-game presser? I haven't read that anywhere yet.

I heard Chris Brown (or one of the Bills' radio guys in the pre-show) say it in all seriousness. Remember, this is the same coach that thought putting an axe in the locker room was smart ... :wallbash:

I think the Jags wear the dark jerseys at home quite a bit, if not always. Supposedly they do it to be "different" or maybe it was "distinctive".

Anyway, I agree that it was particularly stupid, today.

Jags fans were bitching about it on their message board yesterday, so it was known well in advance.

And yes, that makes Del Rio a knucklehead.

Oh well - I guess he got his answer... not quite tough enough.

THANKS, JDR! Maybe you should include yourself in your long list of people/things to blame for the loss.