How long till Yobouty is starting?

webtoe

I can't see us throwing the money at Greer considering we have too many other players to throw the money at (i.e. Trent, this off season). Additionally, we are already paying McKelvin a bunch of money. For this very reason, he will not be riding the pine very long. He will likely be a starter by next season. As for Youboty, keep him at nickle so teams don't realize how good he is - or he'll be lining up for the big payday behind Stroud.

Right now, our DBs are in their proper place, IMO. I am generally pretty happy with our DBs, as a squad.

I'm not saying "I told you so" because, like most of you, sometimes I'm right about a guy, and sometimes I'm off base. But, i have always liked what I have seen from Youboty, when he has played. The problem was, he wasn't getting on the field (for whatever reason...and there were several). When he did, he looked good...or as good as a guy, who gets minimal playing time, can look.

One thing for sure, about Ashton, the guy can flat out tackle. It brings back memories of Winfield.

As far as Greer goes, his coverage has been excellent, for the most part. I doubt he will command a Winfield/Clements-type contract in FA. If he does, the Bills have little choice but to let him walk (and they are in still in decent shape if he does). Ideally, though, you resign the guy at a fair (for both sides) number, and let this unit continue to grow together.

One nice thing about this unit, is there really isn't a superstar, just very good, athletic players. There is also quite a bit of versatility, which really helps in the event of injury (which is inevitable in the NFL).

My point was that Bly's payoff came several seasons back, and by now --- with the increase in the cap --- those raw $s are probably closer to what Greer will see, especially if he keeps up this level of play. Even average players in UFA get big contracts, especially at the skill positions. I don't think we can justify that.

Dre Bly? Holy non-sequitur, Batman!

The way he's playing we won't be able to justify keeping Greer for what it'll probably take to re-sign him. We let Kiwakee Thomas go for the same reason. Then, when you talk about the UFA market where the money flows like wine, look at what Dre Bly got several years ago and we wouldn't be able to give Greer that. And especially not with a stable of young colts who are chomping at the bit. McGee, Youboty, McKelvin, Corner

Read before typing.

Youboty is playing very well in the nickel package and gives us a strong tackling presence in the secondary that some of our other corners don't have. McKelvin is still a rookie and while he has immense talent, he didn't look great in camp at the CB position. He needs time to develop. Greer is a very solid corner and I think Buffalo will target him for a new contract in the offseason. Evans, however, is the top priority, and they have said they intend to give Peters a renegotiated long term deal. I expect TE will play another year or two at his current salary before we throw a bunch of money in his direction.

Buffalo's draft picks in the secondary are starting to look better everyday. Whitner is a leader, and our CBs are top quality. If the D keeps performing at this level, all those Marv doubters may need to put in their order for a plate of crow.

With the emergence of Youboty and what I've seen of Reggie Corner, I'm starting to wonder....Leodis who?

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this. People are rating McKelvin's coverage skills based on his draft position rather than what we've seen when he's been on the field. The same thing happened with McCargo.