Friggin Ohio St.

Acantha

Can we PLEASE wait for these guys to beat a decent team before putting them anywhere near the top of the rankings again?

Hah. Unfortunately Ohio State just qualified for the BCS championship game with this loss. The BCS loves seeing these guys get beaten badly each year...

I got bored watching the slaughter and turned to ESPN2 which had an interesting game on

Auburn 3

Mississippi 2

Yes, 3-2 :thumbsup:

I read about that. I think I have the game on DVR, I'm interested to see how that went down. Auburn wasn't supposed to be a power offense this year, but 3 points against Miss? Strange.

I read about that. I think I have the game on DVR, I'm interested to see how that went down. Auburn wasn't supposed to be a power offense this year, but 3 points against Miss? Strange.

I watched the second half of that game. It had to be the two worst offenses I have ever seen. The 2007 Bills offense would have been an improvement for either team.

Auburns version of the spread option (a.k.a "War Damn Chicken") turns out is just as good as Borges WCO. Some Barners are denial, claiming it will take awhile for the full offense to be implemented. Interesting spin considering the Spread Option is supposed to be one of the EASIEST offenses to learn (Hint: You have to have TALENT, which AU is lacking on the offensive side of the ball). The most telling sign was Auburn had the ball 1st down and goal at the MSU 7, and tried to run three straight running plays. They never had a chance. They even missed the field goal attempt.

As bad as Auburn's offense was, MSU was even worse. The MSU QB played scared. He made bad decisions, poor throws, and just looked like he was in a state of panic anytime he dropped back to pass.

The BCS Title Game isn't going to happen for Ohio State this year, so don't worry about it.

Thankfully, I missed most of the game Saturday, b/c I fell asleep in the first quarter. I woke up with about 11 minutes left in the fourth and it was 35-3, so I turned it off.

And I thought this Buckeye team was better than last year's. :thumbsup:

Can we PLEASE wait for these guys to beat a decent team before putting them anywhere near the top of the rankings again?

Well, they were missing Wells and all, but they did appear to be overmatched regardless.

Hey, I was the one who put them atop my preseason rankings. Ugh.

The Buckeyes should consider replacing some of their returning starters with some underclassman. The offense is very out of sync. The offense played better against SC than they did against Ohio! Even if Wells played I think SC would have won. Keeping Wells out was gutsy but probably smart. Wells must be injured pretty bad. The Bucks need to reload at receiver because they haven't had the skills at the position since Holmes, Ginn Jr. and Gonzalez. It was another what-if game for the Buckeyes. Had OSU's touchdown counted on a drive that didn't need a holding penalty, it could have been a better game. Right after the call the flood gates burst. I like the two qb system but maybe it is something that will produce later in the year. I don't like hearing that Pryor is a cocky *@#&. However, that isn't a rare trait in college football. USC has become pretty arrogant in their own right. Seeing Missouri or Oklahoma knock down the Trojans later in the season might be fun to watch.

The BCS Title Game isn't going to happen for Ohio State this year, so don't worry about it.

Thankfully, I missed most of the game Saturday, b/c I fell asleep in the first quarter. I woke up with about 11 minutes left in the fourth and it was 35-3, so I turned it off.

And I thought this Buckeye team was better than last year's. :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.