going to the jax game

frogger

That is a great place to see a game and I think you will like the fans there as well.

I have been there several times

Yes I am going

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=71639

Jacksonville is a wonderful city. I grew up in Buffalo and spent 6 years in Jax after my family moved there - most of my immediate family is still there. I was there in the mid '80s when they had the Jacksonville Bulls and it was fun then. I actually follow the Jags a bit as a VERY distant second team to the Bills. Bills by 7!

I'll be there. I was talking to some other folks and there is a big tailgate party in lot V that the Jacksonville bills backers are you putting together. I think all there asking for is donations so whoever is going to the game should swing by and have a cold one.

I've never been to another stadium other than the Ralph to watch football, anyone else going?

I live near Jacksonville and I am definately going. I flew home to Buffalo last week to watch my Bills trim up on the Seahawks. What a great start to the season. It is awesome going to these Jag's games beacause their fan's are so weak. Our Bill's fan's are so much louder and passionate than the Jag's fans that it makes it so much better to scream in their faces. One suggestion is to wear a light color shirt and drink plenty of water because it is going to be very hot. But Stroud is going to get our team so pumped up that we will win by 2 touchdowns. Let's go Buffalo.

No one does, because American history is so Anglo-centric that most popular histories forget/ignore that the Spanish settled the North american mainland first. St. Augustine beats Jamestown by a couple of decades.

So Ha HA Big Cat!!!! :nana::nana: BTW, no such thing as a smart water polo player

Jamestown, VA?

Never would of thunk it.

I knew this whole History teacher thing would be useful one day! :nana:

Jamestown (est 1607) is the oldest continuously occupied English settlement.

The Spanish were all over the place but our collective Anglo heritage discounts their exploration and accomplishments, like the founding of St Augustine (founded some 40 years earlier than Jamestown) because they were the Anglo's "bad guys".

EDIT: I guess I should have scrolled down and seen that RJ already posted what I did

The Spanish were all over the place but our collective Anglo heritage discounts their exploration and accomplishments, like the founding of St Augustine (founded some 40 years earlier than Jamestown) because they were the Anglo's "bad guys".

EDIT: I guess I should have scrolled down and seen that RJ already posted what I did

I wish we had a snarky looking smiley wearing a mortarboard.

No worries Campy... history geeks don't fight over credit. :nana: