Did I Miss this One?

blzrul

I would have thought the wingnuts would be all over Al Franken's winning the Democratic nomination for Senate in MN...

I wonder if he's using his previous Presidential campaign experience to drive this campaign?

Is there anyone out there in the "land of 10,000 Johnsons" who can give us some insight?

I would have thought the wingnuts would be all over Al Franken's winning the Democratic nomination for Senate in MN...

That's because you have a very narrow world view

Most people outside of MN (except those such as yourself) could care less about Stewart Smalley running for the Senate

That's because you have a very narrow world view

Most people outside of MN (except those such as yourself) could care less about Stewart Smalley running for the Senate

So let's see...I am the one with a narrow world view because I am paying attention to something that's happening thousands of miles from where I live?

Yeah, sure. Makes perfect sense. Sure. Very parochial of me.

Particularly when it's a guy that the right loves to hate...the guy who called Rush Limbaugh a big fat liar and has thrown more mud at the right than I ever could?

Yeah. Narrow world view. Right.

So let's see...I am the one with a narrow world view because I am paying attention to something that's happening thousands of miles from where I live?

Yeah, sure. Makes perfect sense. Sure. Very parochial of me.

Particularly when it's a guy that the right loves to hate...the guy who called Rush Limbaugh a big fat liar and has thrown more mud at the right than I ever could?

Yeah. Narrow world view. Right.

Never said I or anyone else wasn't paying attention. Just said most people don't care that Al Franken is running for the Senate.

You're one of the exceptions, but only because you're so blinded by partisan vitrol that you hope it worries those who you so despise

Never said I or anyone else wasn't paying attention. Just said most people don't care that Al Franken is running for the Senate.

You're one of the exceptions, but only because you're so blinded by partisan vitrol that you hope it worries those who you so despise

Naw, I think it's kind of funny. I know Al Franken is smart enough to do the job. But somehow I can't picture it.

Naw, I think it's kind of funny. I know Al Franken is smart enough to do the job. But somehow I can't picture it.

Yeah, he was only 30 years off on what would be the "Al Franken decade."

I don't fully understand why, when there are so many people that are actually funny that lean to the left, that people support/follow AF. "Because gosh darn it, he's good enough, he's funny enough, and he just gets it" is as near as I can figure that people support him. Please enlighten me on what it is that makes him more relevant than Tom Davis (who was a far better comic IMHO). He was, IMHO, annoying in '79 and he's still annoying today.

Deb, please explain what it is that you find humorous about the man, and maybe I can help you out w/ PJ O'Rourke. :thumbsup:

Yeah, he was only 30 years off on what would be the "Al Franken decade."

I don't fully understand why, when there are so many people that are actually funny that lean to the left, that people support/follow AF. "Because gosh darn it, he's good enough, he's funny enough, and he just gets it" is as near as I can figure that people support him. Please enlighten me on what it is that makes him more relevant than Tom Davis (who was a far better comic IMHO). He was, IMHO, annoying in '79 and he's still annoying today.

Deb, please explain what it is that you find humorous about the man, and maybe I can help you out w/ PJ O'Rourke. :thumbsup:

Did I say HE was funny? When I re-read my post I clearly said IT was funny, as in "the situation".

Houston, in addition to a hurricane problem, we got us a READIN problem here.

Did I say HE was funny? When I re-read my post I clearly said IT was funny, as in "the situation".

Houston, in addition to a hurricane problem, we got us a READIN problem here.

My bad. :thumbsup:

Does this mean that you don't find him funny? If so, I may have finally found 1 thing (other than cheering for the Bills and your support of charitable organizations) that I agree w/ you on.

Either way, whether you find him funny or not, I still don't understand why/how he became relevant.

Edited by Taro T

My bad. :thumbsup:

Does this mean that you don't find him funny? If so, I may have finally found 1 thing (other than cheering for the Bills and your support of charitable organizations) that I agree w/ you on.

Either way, whether you find him funny or not, I still don't understand why/how he became relevant.

I haven't seen him do a comedy schtick since he did the SNL "Al Franken for President" thing - how many years ago? I thought he was boring. Like Steven Wright.

Given the fact that he's not really funny and he's vociferously anti-Bush, in addition to not really having political experience, one would think the wingnuts would be pissed off. On the other hand, he's in the state that Jesse Ventura once governed, so perhaps in comparison it just pales.