Game to be televised in JAX

quote name='cfbillsfan' date='Sep 12 2008, 05:43 AM' post='1126849']

Works for ME! Orlando is subject to the blackout. NOW, I get to watch it at home in full HDTV glory! I can't make it to the game this year ( I went last year...ARGHHH!!!)so this is the next best thing!

J-ville is actually a pretty fun stadium, btw.

GO BILLS!

p.s. First post in a while after lurking for SOME time...

I went to a Jax game a few years back. Being from where I am, I walked up to the "Downunder Restaurant" (we don't have 'em here BTW!) stand and asked for a "Burger and Chips". The guy serving answered "Excuse me?" I said burger and chips. Back and forward we went for it seems like forever. I'm pointing at the number even, leaning over the counter and trying to freakin' touch the sign whilst asking for that one, that one there... "Excuse me?". If anyone knows "Faulty Towers" with John Cleese speaking to Manwell, they'd get the conversation. I asked to see the manager for a "Burger and Chips".I even showed my passport... The manager then translated my Australian for the guy and off I went with something nearly resembling a burger and chips. That was about as much fun as I had there... although the fans were pretty friendly.

Blah, blah, blah. Aside from GoJags' slight geographical error, as usual, he/she/it completely neglected to mention that the "blackout threshold" at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium counts ONLY the 54,000 non-premium seats, NOT the club seats which make up more than 2/3 of the lower bowl.

That's correct, folks. They number they have to hit is 54,000. Almost 19,000 fewer seats than the Ralph, and roughly 2,000 less than Buffalo's season-ticket count for 2008.

If anyone wants to go back over there and "re-educate" the Jaguars fans ... :thumbsup:

Plus, Jax had an abundance of tarps not used when Hanna visited.. They had to do something with them or FEMA won't give 'em anymore.