After the stupidest holdout in NFL history, Peters should not play Sun

VJ91

Bad enough Jason Peters accomplished nothing for himself by holding out all preseason. (What kind of idiot does that with 3 years left on his contract?). Worse still, he's running his mouth after all of one practice (with hardly any live hitting mind you) that he's good to go. No problems, he worked out in 105 degree Texas. I really hope I'm wrong here, but if Jauron lets Peters start or even play more then maybe 2 or 3 series down in Jacksonville, I see pulled hammys or worse for our "family man" Mr. Peters. I don't care how different the NFL is today. Peters has not hit or taken a hit since last December. He should take at least two solid weeks of full practices before he starts. Just my opinion. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, and Peters comes out and plays a Pro Bowl type game if he starts or plays, injury free. But the truth is Jauron does not need to play him at all for at least a couple more weeks based on how well the line performed against Seattle. I think it's more Peters' insecure ego motivating him to rush back in then anything else. I wonder if he would be so eager to start if Seattle had blown up Chambers and Walker for 6 sacks and Jauron was desperate to get him back in?

I am searching for silver linings and starting to find them with the holdout:

1. Last year when Peters went down, Chambers was a mess filling it at LT. By holding out all of training camp, it gave the team time to try different options, and Chambers proved to be pretty good at RT -- and Walker didn't embarrass himself at LT. Believe it or not, we actually have a little depth now, and it isn't the end of theworld if (God forbid) either Peters or Walker go down for any period of time.

2. Through it all, at least publicly, Peters' teammates have stood by him. In particular, Trent Edwards has had his back. Edwards even stayed late after practice the other day to work more on-on-one with Peters. In at least a small way, this helps Edwards to grow as a leader and to build trust and comradare with Peters and the other teammates. Suffice to say, GOd help any defender foolish enough to take a cheap shot at Edwards, when Peters is in the game.

Look, I am as annoyed with Peters and Parker as anyone. I think they went about it all wrong. However, in the final analysis, no one got hurt and everything appears to be OK. Let's just hope that Peters in indeed 100% ready to go and that his stamina holds up if he does indeed play on Sunday.

i cant wait to see him back and our OL at full strength. Im thinking we may have to double down on henderson, this is much, much easier to do with our probowl LT in the line up. Marshawn is gonna have his hands full with blitz pickups, I think he can get it done.