I CAN'T BELIEVE OBAMA SAID THIS

"McCain repeatedly refused to define "honor": "Read it in my books. ... I'm not going to define it. ... I defined"

My not answer? My pimp the book? It seems as though the McCain camp doesn't like to answer question or do interviews. HAHAHA!!!

Yeah, because he didn't give basically unlimited media access before July or so. :lol:

He wasn't "pimping the book", he was avoiding answering a question he didn't have a scripted answer to right after they decided to pull his media access back some.

This new line of attack from you is amusing, since McCain's given more media access through this point than any other candidate.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he was completely trying to sell his books there. :lol:

I agree, he could have come up with a better line... pretty lame and it mostly misses the mark, especially when McCain left himself open to response.

Could have said.

So McCain knows honor in a fox hole, but he can't seem to get it right in Washington.....

Then be ready with all the folks McCain has insulted over the years or just plain dressed down. There are quite a few.

Now there you go again... repeating an oft used RNC talking point about the teleprompter. Been hearing that for at least 4 months. And in this case it doesn't apply.

Don't mean McCain not reading from the teleprompter? Look at how many LARGE events Obama has held where it's just him and a microphone on stage. McCain, always the lovely backdrop and teleprompters - my friends.....

How dare you bring up Saint Hillary in a pig thread! Women hater!

And right in lockstep, the "OMG, is Obama really going to blow this election??" crowd leaps to defend anything and everything uttered by the Messiah.

Thanks for the laugh guy....keep up your hard work here on the board. :lol:

I'm horrified people actually consider these things when deciding who to vote for.

And if speaking gaffes are such an issue, how did W get elected AND re-elected??

In the midst of the 24hour news culture, where every word, outfit, and blink of the eyes is scrutintized and debated, I wonder why anyone would get involved in national politics. It's a joke, and elections are decided by irrelevant "US Weekly" factors, rather than ideas and issues.

You can probably have a larger positive impact on people's lives as a small-town mayor or unelected community organizer- BOTH of which are GOOD things by the way, regardless of what the campaigns want you to believe.

I'm horrified people actually consider these things when deciding who to vote for.

And if speaking gaffes are such an issue, how did W get elected AND re-elected??

Read those two sentences. Do you really think that people consider these things when deciding who to vote for, or is it just people trying to blow smoke and validate their side?

And right in lockstep, the "OMG, is Obama really going to blow this election??" crowd leaps to defend anything and everything uttered by the Messiah.

Thanks for the laugh guy....keep up your hard work here on the board. :lol:

;

Then you will enjoy this. Someone posted a link to OBama's fundraising from this site... figured McCain's should be illuminated too:

http://www.whitehouseforsale.org/candidate...ndidateID=C0005

That being said it is coming from Common Cause's.... Ralph "Trust Fund Baby, I have never worked a day in my life" Nader's where he treats his young idealist employees like crap, doesn't play be labor laws etc., all the usual hypocritical crap of a holier than thou self-absorbed sanctimonious self-proclaimed do gooder.

And to be fair and balanced, here is Obama's again for comparison:

http://www.whitehouseforsale.org/candidate...ndidateID=C0009

Now are you LOL???

P.S. That being said their numbers are usually pretty good.

In the midst of the 24hour news culture, where every word, outfit, and blink of the eyes is scrutintized and debated, I wonder why anyone would get involved in national politics. It's a joke, and elections are decided by irrelevant "US Weekly" factors, rather than ideas and issues.

You can probably have a larger positive impact on people's lives as a small-town mayor or unelected community organizer- BOTH of which are GOOD things by the way, regardless of what the campaigns want you to believe.

True, but the wonderful thing about the American public is their consistent ability to ignore their politicians. Little harder after 911, but for the most part they do, unlike the obsessed schmucks on this board, self included.

And right in lockstep, the "OMG, is Obama really going to blow this election??" crowd

The Democrats have no excuse for losing the Presidency in 2008. If Obama somehow blows this election, the Democratic party should disband and vow never to speak to one another again.

Read those two sentences. Do you really think that people consider these things when deciding who to vote for, or is it just people trying to blow smoke and validate their side?

I think, more often than not, people will use these one-liners to reinforce how stupid the other candidate is and reinforce why their candidate is the "correct" choice. But I do not underestimate the general lack of knowledge of the American people on the true issues. I think the VAST MAJORITY of the people have a very limited understanding of each candidate's ideas and goals, and are greatly influenced by the trash spewed by cable channels trying to fill 24 hours of programming.

Lets face it, when candidates are speaking 6-7 days a week for 8 hours a day, there's going to be plenty of opportunity for a less-than-eloquent moment. It's comical that 10 seconds of an 8-hour speech is what gets focused on.

Y'know, it's actually kind of silly to waste time on this except that there seems to be a crapload of women out there who were Hillary supporters and who are really unhappy with the way the Democratic ticket is suddenly down on women with careers. So for that reason, it's not a bad idea to pick on Obama for yet another in a long line of gaffes sans the teleprompter. But seriously, the right is obviously taking this out of context.

Now, if you really want to pick on someone, pick on Biden, who is so !@#$ing stupid and surrounded by quite possibly the worst handlers known to the world, that during a speech in Missouri yesterday he acknowledges Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham and urges him to take a bow with "Stand up, Chuck!"

Unfortunately, Chuck is confined to a wheelchair.

Stand up, Chuck!!! :lol::w00t:

What a bunch of maroons. It's no wonder they have a gzillion people digging through the trash cans in Wasilla. They got nothin' else.

That is hillarious that Biden did that... Oops!

I am not down on woman with careers... I just got back from working the graveyard shift and sent my wife off to make more money than me... Okay, in that sense I am "down on" woman with careers... :lol::lol:

I am just making fun of the ongoing Trailer Trash Theater that we have so come to love on these boards!

:lol:

I think the VAST MAJORITY of the people have a very limited understanding of each candidate's ideas and goals, and are greatly influenced by the trash spewed by cable channels trying to fill 24 hours of programming.

While I agree with the first part of your sentence, research shows it is party ID for almost everyone that determines their vote.

Y'know, it's actually kind of silly to waste time on this except that there seems to be a crapload of women out there who were Hillary supporters and who are really unhappy with the way the Democratic ticket is suddenly down on women with careers. So for that reason, it's not a bad idea to pick on Obama for yet another in a long line of gaffes sans the teleprompter. But seriously, the right is obviously taking this out of context.

Now, if you really want to pick on someone, pick on Biden, who is so !@#$ing stupid and surrounded by quite possibly the worst handlers known to the world, that during a speech in Missouri yesterday he acknowledges Missouri State Senator Chuck Graham and urges him to take a bow with "Stand up, Chuck!"

Unfortunately, Chuck is confined to a wheelchair.

Stand up, Chuck!!! :lol: :lol:

What a bunch of maroons. It's no wonder they have a gzillion people digging through the trash cans in Wasilla. They got nothin' else.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I feel bad for Biden on that one.

LMAO -- look at all the leftards here excusing behavior that if it had been directed at Hillary two months ago would have been a national scandal. I guess you are all a little traumatized seeing just how slick the Messiah is when he's not reading off the teleprompter!

:lol:

Not me dude... I never once said to lay off anyone... I thought The Messiah was too easy on Hillary... Hope you don't mean me? "No quarter asked, no quarter given" has alwys been my motto.

The Democrats have no excuse for losing the Presidency in 2008. If Obama somehow blows this election, the Democratic party should disband and vow never to speak to one another again.

Yes they do. And I for one am on record for continuely maintaing this POV.

The American people elected W twice.

The Dems have always had a chance to lose this and every election before and after... Even if the economy is forever in the crapper.

Most Americans hear only what they WANT to hear... Not what they NEED to hear.

There is just no succeddful way to sell what the Dems are selling... That people will just not put others first in this country.

Again, no "I" in team, but there is "Me."

While I agree with the first part of your sentence, research shows it is party ID for almost everyone that determines their vote.

Thats true. To that effect, most states are already predetermined to go to each candidate. There are a few "battleground" states where each vote is crucial, and frankly, you have to wonder what personal criteria each undecided voter is using to make their choice. Are they influenced by a 2-second soundbite or a candidate not wearing a lapel pin? It's quite possible that those people are literally deciding who will be the next President.

Identifying oneself with a political party is, to me, a rediculous practice to begin with and leads to making a blind choice based on affiliation and a one-way loyalty to something that is utter nonsense. I'm not sure if there is a need for people to define themselves, or identify themselves with a group as validation?? I can't say I understand it. A party that trademarks itself as "pro-business" or "pro-military" or "pro-human rights" is laughable. There is not ANY candidate who is NOT pro-business, or pro-military, or pro-human rights. A party that preaches smaller government ends up increasing beauracracy and government intervention. The fundamental differences that perhaps used to exist have dissolved into, basically, the same jackasses in a different suits on different sides of an aisle.

I stand corrected. They do have an excuse. Just not a very good one

I think it is a very good one (excuse).

How do you contend with a parent saying to a child that Obama will have you in school for 12 months?

It starts with the parents... It is amazing the brutality that exists out there. I send my children to a Catholic school and I am constantly amazed at this type of suburban brutality... Call me an elitist all you want... It is probably even worse out in the North Suburbs... I am just slumming down here in the Dirty South Chicagoland Suburbs. Trailer Trash Theater abounds, phuck... Some even have money. Crap, it is flat out emabarassing.

BTW... I live in a Republican "collar county"... Rightr on the border south of Cook in Will county.