Scouts Inc on our win

Fingon

Bills 34, Seahawks 10

Buffalo

1. Bills RT Kirk Chambers was surprisingly effective. Chambers did a great job of keeping DE Patrick Kerney, Seattle's top pass-rusher, away from QB Trent Edwards. Chambers was patient and showed awareness and good foot agility. He got the job done without much help from a tight end or a fullback chipping to his side, forcing Kerney to rush around the edge and taking away his inside spin move.

2. Buffalo's special teams sparkled again. Few coaches emphasize special teams as zealously as Dick Jauron, and his attention to that area certainly paid dividends in Week 1. The Bills consistently formed solid, effective wedges in the return game, and when special teams coach Bobby April engineered a fake field goal that resulted in a wide-open touchdown pass the game was pretty much over.

Seattle

1. QB Matt Hasselbeck can't do it alone. The Seahawks came into the game without a true No. 1 receiver, and the loss of WR Nate Burleson to a knee injury all but handcuffed the passing game. Seattle had to concentrate on short slants, quick outs and other very basic routes because the young receivers simply lack the route-running skills and experience to execute more complicated routes.

2. The Seahawks (again) appear soft inside. The interior defensive line couldn't stack up the Bills and play stout at the line of scrimmage. When that group got knocked off the line, MLB Lofa Tatupu was able to take fewer direct angles to the ball. The result: Instead of stops made at or behind the line of scrimmage, most of Tatupu's tackles came at least a couple of yards downfield.

Bills 34, Seahawks 10

Buffalo

1. Bills RT Kirk Chambers was surprisingly effective. Chambers did a great job of keeping DE Patrick Kerney, Seattle's top pass-rusher, away from QB Trent Edwards. Chambers was patient and showed awareness and good foot agility. He got the job done without much help from a tight end or a fullback chipping to his side, forcing Kerney to rush around the edge and taking away his inside spin move.

2. Buffalo's special teams sparkled again. Few coaches emphasize special teams as zealously as Dick Jauron, and his attention to that area certainly paid dividends in Week 1. The Bills consistently formed solid, effective wedges in the return game, and when special teams coach Bobby April engineered a fake field goal that resulted in a wide-open touchdown pass the game was pretty much over.

Seattle

1. QB Matt Hasselbeck can't do it alone. The Seahawks came into the game without a true No. 1 receiver, and the loss of WR Nate Burleson to a knee injury all but handcuffed the passing game. Seattle had to concentrate on short slants, quick outs and other very basic routes because the young receivers simply lack the route-running skills and experience to execute more complicated routes.

2. The Seahawks (again) appear soft inside. The interior defensive line couldn't stack up the Bills and play stout at the line of scrimmage. When that group got knocked off the line, MLB Lofa Tatupu was able to take fewer direct angles to the ball. The result: Instead of stops made at or behind the line of scrimmage, most of Tatupu's tackles came at least a couple of yards downfield.

Interesting read. I would have to put Marcus Stroud at the top of the list with Kirk as "surprisingly effective" players. He's going to re-write the books on the Bills D this year, and could propel us into the playoffs. Great memories come back to those Bills teams with Pat Williams and Teddy Washington. I thought he'd be playing above average (which is what he looked like in the preseason), but not like this. On Sunday he played with the same Pro Bowler athleticism and energy he had three years ago, and that's got me thinking of a Bills post season.

GO BILLS

Interesting read. I would have to put Marcus Stroud at the top of the list with Kirk as "surprisingly effective" players. He's going to re-write the books on the Bills D this year, and could propel us into the playoffs. Great memories come back to those Bills teams with Pat Williams and Teddy Washington. I thought he'd be playing above average (which is what he looked like in the preseason), but not like this. On Sunday he played with the same Pro Bowler athleticism and energy he had three years ago, and that's got me thinking of a Bills post season.

GO BILLS

I am glad we passed on Shaun Rogers and got Stroud. Stroud gives 110% when helathy.....Rogers is a Bum as was evidenced in the beating the Brownies took.

I wonder how good those Rams teams coulda been if they had a coach like Bobby April. Martz probably would have given his left nut for a ST coach that good.

Ha! Well, that is evidence (as if we didn't know) that even the best coach can't do it without the players. Martz ran that franchise into the ground with his emphasis on his gimmicky players for offense and lack of attention to D, OL, and ST. April has to be loving it here with a front office that takes STs as seriously as he does.

Ha! Well, that is evidence (as if we didn't know) that even the best coach can't do it without the players. Martz ran that franchise into the ground with his emphasis on his gimmicky players for offense and lack of attention to D, OL, and ST. April has to be loving it here with a front office that takes STs as seriously as he does.

It's all about attitude. Does the HC believe in ST? Does he allow his best players on the squad? April didn't get smart all of the sudden, but yeah you gotta pay attention (at the top).