Corto's beastly ST performance

UB2SF

Jon Corto played like a man possessed on special teams versus the Seahawks. I just rewatched the NFL.com video of Roscoe's TD and noticed that Corto really showed his intellect and hustle on the play. As Roscoe caught the punt, Corto was closest to Roscoe and sealed off the initial lane. After his man was out of the play and as he saw Roscoe beginning to make something happen, he raced downfield like a wide receiver on a fly pattern along the sideline, staying out of the fray of Roscoe's jukes and spins. He ran essentially all the way to the goal line and then turned back toward the flow of traffic to pick out the best guy to block, and then launched himself like a missile at the last person who could possibly prevent the TD.

There were a lot of great blocks on that play (Whitner, Digi, Scott, Bryan, Wilson, Jenkins) but Corto's was definitely the eye-opener of the bunch.

Combine that with his forced fumble -- another instance of Jon Corto the human missile -- and I'd have to say he has made me forget Coy Wire and Sam Aiken. :wallbash: