(OT-SU HOOPS)Billy Edelin cleared to play

The Poojer

Yeah, baby. Final Four here we come. At least ONE of my teams is a winner.

Also, I saw that Carmelo was caught w/ some weed in his backpack at the Denver airport. It's a shame he's been acting like such a thug lately, since he seemed like such a nice kid in college. Not that pot is the worst thing in the world, but, has anyone ever noticed that every athlete has a "friend" who is into drugs?

but will not practice until his studies are steady,  this kid needs someone to stick close to him.  with him this team is gonna be awesome, word is craig forth did some awesome off-season training.  GO CUSE!

79508[/snapback]

Melo arrested for Weed possesion?

That weed was Melo's friend's. The friend borrowed the backpack and he even fessed up to it. If Melo was into drugs, I guarantee you he wouldn't have made it this far. He's young, but a stand-up guy.

As for Edelin, this is great news! Do you realize how deep SU is going to be this year? If Watkins and T.Rob have improved some, we might run a 10-man rotation!

79537[/snapback]

Seems everybody outside of Duke Vitale has us in the top 10 - many in the top 5.

Can someone explain to me ESPN's love affair with UNC? All of their "talent" has amounted to stevestojan the last few years.

but will not practice until his studies are steady, this kid needs someone to stick close to him. with him this team is gonna be awesome, word is craig forth did some awesome off-season training. GO CUSE!

I hate to disappoint you, but Edelin is going to have to be a role player this year. The kid is good to have if you have 3 bonafide deep shooters in the lineup... Syracuse doesn't have that with Edelin in there. If Edelin plays, that means someone is going to sit... either McCrosky, Nichols, Gmac, Josh Wright the freshman PG or Dayshawn Wright the swingman coming in from Oak Hill.

Edelin's been a pain in the ass since he's signed... right out of the gate he gets tossed from school for assaluting a female student. Then he gets into trouble academically, and now, after just up and pulling a "Ricky Williams" on the team last spring (or should I say Ricky Williams pulled a Billy Edelin) and leaving on the cusp of the Big East tournament and the NCAAs, he wants to come back? What kind of stevestojan is that?

This kid is a head case and the Cuse is better off without him. Apparently, Edelin must have attended the DeSean Williams School of Behavior.

As far as Forth... he is what he is... and that is a big slow white boy that basically clogs up the middle, sets good picks & screens, passes well,... occaisionally gets a rebound, blocks a shot, and makes a shot... you know, your typical career 6 pt. 6 reb. /game role player... I don't care how much he works out or practices... he ain't gonna be much better than he is... basketball is not his number one priority and once he leaves SU, even though he could play spaghetti ball overseas, my guess is that he'll move onto to being a special ed teacher or child psycologist. He's got a good head on his shoulders and loves children... but don't expect more than the usual from him this season... SU has too many better players that need to have the ball.

Can someone explain to me ESPN's love affair with UNC?  All of their "talent" has amounted to stevestojan the last few years.

79578[/snapback]

I'll tell you what the love affair with UNC is all about = Roy Williams. Nothing against Roy Williams, but he isn't God. Even after SU won the title, they almost treated Kansas as champ on ESPN ("if only Wayne Simeon wasn't injured...."). They cooled off on UNC when Daugherty was coach--but not with Roy in town!

Btw, I've seen at least 4 publications have us in the championship game. This is probably the most hyped SU team since the 87-89 years.

I hate to disappoint you, but Edelin is going to have to be a role player this year.  The kid is good to have if you have 3 bonafide deep shooters in the lineup... Syracuse doesn't have that with Edelin in there.  If Edelin plays, that means someone is going to sit... either McCrosky, Nichols, Gmac, Josh Wright the freshman PG or Dayshawn Wright the swingman coming in from Oak Hill.

79582[/snapback]

I don't know - 'Cuse really had no PG last year without him. Gmac has always struggled vs. Uconn, and I think having a true PG will help. I don't think he's going to take minutes away from any of the sophmores - they're pretty much all swingmen. He's been a bit of a headcase, but he still came up huge vs. Ok St. and Auburn in the title run. Those sophmores may take some minutes from Pace if he plays like he did vs. Alabama - plus everyone has figured out his "go to the right then spin to the left" move thanks to Billy Packer.

I agree on Forth though - that guy is just painful to watch.