One thing in Buffs favor

Beerball

see i think this is sorta BS...RW claims we cant support an NFL team and yet he keeps the prices low and never tests the market to raise them. If my seasons were raised 70-100 bucks (or 10-15 bucks a game) i would still buy them and im pretty sure most people would. We are all assumed to be poor and broke and never really tested to see how much we would spend before deciding we cant afford the team. Granted they generally are talking about box corporate seats when they talk about the money for an owner, but its always annoyed me that we have the lowest prices because its assumed we cant afford any more.

see i think this is sorta BS...RW claims we cant support an NFL team and yet he keeps the prices low and never tests the market to raise them. If my seasons were raised 70-100 bucks (or 10-15 bucks a game) i would still buy them and im pretty sure most people would. We are all assumed to be poor and broke and never really tested to see how much we would spend before deciding we cant afford the team. Granted they generally are talking about box corporate seats when they talk about the money for an owner, but its always annoyed me that we have the lowest prices because its assumed we cant afford any more.

Do you even live in Buffalo? Have you polled them with this very question? I think the Bills marketing department knows a tab bit more than we do.

That's the rub in the Ralph....

The NFL has structured all the shared revenue (not the crap w/ big teams helping the little ones... the old school revenue sharing between all the league)... You only have to share regular seats, the luxury box money goes straight to the owner - not the sharing...

Buffalo doesn't have the corporate $ any more to pay for said luxury seats... Ralph W doesn't care about the cheap seats, he shares that anyways... it's the luxury boxes he wants and Buffalo doesn't appear to be able to support those... and there isn't money for a new stadium... or major renovation of the Ralph. Combine this with the fact Ralph outright owns the team, and isn't paying for an exorbanant stadium (like Jerry Jones is in Dallas).

I was floored to hear that in Dallas and other big cities, you have to buy your seat for thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars (doubtful this is revenue shared), then pay every year for the tickets on top of it. So, while the premise is correct that they could bump the ticket prices... but that isn't the type of $ other team's owners are getting. I don't know if the season ticket "buyer" can sell that seat later or not... probably not... but when you're shelling out that kind of cabbage, I suppose you can afford it...