Help! From University

CFLstyle

I'm very excited about the upcoming season, and since the age of 10 I have missed very few Bills games. I've been a fan since the Flutie days, and now at 18, I'm in Ottawa for University. I'm attending Carleton, and it's my first year here, I'm majoring in journalism.

I'll get to the problem. We don't have cable in our dorm rooms, and unfortunately I am the only Bills fan on our floor (and am seriously outnumbered by Cowboys fans), so I won't be able to watch the game anywhere here. I was wondering if anyone knows of any bars in Ottawa, or in Hull QC, where I'd be able to watch the game. I know it's farfetched, because who on here lives in Ottawa, right. But another possible solution I'm wondering about is streaming the game online. I have round the clock internet access, and if there's a way to stream the game online, I'd be all for it and would greatly appreciate some help.

I couldn't stand missing the season opener, especially in such an exciting year - I don't recall a single year in which I've been so excited for where this team is headed. Sorry if this is off topic, and feel free to move it if you feel it's necessary.

PS. I predict a 10-6 record with a wild-card birth for the Bills this year. I think having 2 reliable quarterbacks gives us a huge advantage, because it's very rare for a quarterback to make it through all 16 games. It's almost inevitable that we'll have to rely on our backup on time or another this season.

Wildcard baby!

If it were up to me, I'd stab the Cowboy fans and steal their money for beer...

But since that's illegal, in the Ottawa area I know of very few bars, but usually online justin.tv and another site that's usually posted here they have live streaming video. I can't help much past that, but I'm sure someone on here can. Hope I was of some help :angry:

Go Bills!

Glad you're a Bills fan!

Request to all Canadians. Use the word THE. I'm going to THE hospital, unless the hospital just has the generic name "hospital". :angry:

What's Ieatcrayons view on this?

I lived in Ottawa for a long time, and unfortunately don't know of anywhere Bills games are shown. Ottawa used to get the Rochester CBS and FOX feeds, but about five years ago they switched to Detroit. Ridiculous, I know. I'd say the only solution is to find a friend with ExpressVu.

Also, Wacka, I presume you're referring to "I'm in Ottawa for university." Canadians use definite articles just like anyone else. It's just that in this case, "university" refers in general to what you would call "college." If you were in Buffalo to start undergraduate studies, you wouldn't say, "I'm in Buffalo for the college," would you?

I'm very excited about the upcoming season, and since the age of 10 I have missed very few Bills games. I've been a fan since the Flutie days, and now at 18, I'm in Ottawa for University. I'm attending Carleton, and it's my first year here, I'm majoring in journalism.

I'll get to the problem. We don't have cable in our dorm rooms, and unfortunately I am the only Bills fan on our floor (and am seriously outnumbered by Cowboys fans), so I won't be able to watch the game anywhere here. I was wondering if anyone knows of any bars in Ottawa, or in Hull QC, where I'd be able to watch the game. I know it's farfetched, because who on here lives in Ottawa, right. But another possible solution I'm wondering about is streaming the game online. I have round the clock internet access, and if there's a way to stream the game online, I'd be all for it and would greatly appreciate some help.

I couldn't stand missing the season opener, especially in such an exciting year - I don't recall a single year in which I've been so excited for where this team is headed. Sorry if this is off topic, and feel free to move it if you feel it's necessary.

PS. I predict a 10-6 record with a wild-card birth for the Bills this year. I think having 2 reliable quarterbacks gives us a huge advantage, because it's very rare for a quarterback to make it through all 16 games. It's almost inevitable that we'll have to rely on our backup on time or another this season.

There is no Internet video stream of any NFL games unless you happen to subscribe to Directv which is stupid since that's redundant unless you're away from home. There is the NFL pass that costs $30/year but that's only radio feeds of all the games (it's better than nothing where you're at, IMO). Still you can't beat that price for all the games this year and I think they give you access to archived games from years past.

http://www.nfl.com/ this is where you can subscribe.

Wildcard baby!

If it were up to me, I'd stab the Cowboy fans and steal their money for beer...

But since that's illegal, in the Ottawa area I know of very few bars, but usually online justin.tv and another site that's usually posted here they have live streaming video. I can't help much past that, but I'm sure someone on here can. Hope I was of some help :thumbsup:

Go Bills!

The other site is channelsurfing.net both prettty reliable imo

There's one Bills Backer chapter listed for Ottawa...

Bills Backers of Ottawa (Slime Chapter)

Meeting Place: Local Home

Phone: 613-952-6575

Info:

The two-time Kanata Men's Lobball champs, The Slime, are again making the trek to Buffalo in 2007...

redsox@sympatico.ca

Chapter Size: 27

Also, Wacka, I presume you're referring to "I'm in Ottawa for university." Canadians use definite articles just like anyone else. It's just that in this case, "university" refers in general to what you would call "college." If you were in Buffalo to start undergraduate studies, you wouldn't say, "I'm in Buffalo for the college," would you?

Just doing a little good natured ribbing. But why do you say "hospital" instead of "the hospital"? You could use "a hospital" or then people might mistake it for "eh". :thumbsup:

I know, leave the mocking of Canadians and hippies to ieatcrayons.

Thanks for the help everyone, I may just go with the radio on NFL.com for $30/year, it seems reasonable. Go Bills!

FWIW, CFL, the "Game Center" stat and play-by play functions on nfl.com, and CBS Sportsline, are useful for "watching" a game.

Old TiCat fan here - a successful season is when the Argos are out of the picture. :thumbsup:

FWIW, CFL, the "Game Center" stat and play-by play functions on nfl.com, and CBS Sportsline, are useful for "watching" a game.

Old TiCat fan here - a successful season is when the Argos are out of the picture. :w00t:

Hey, one thing I have managed to do since arriving here was to get over to Hull and watch the Argos knock off the TiCats on Labor Day. It was just like old times :thumbsup: