Palin... will she gain some of the Hillary supporters?

pBills

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know more than most of you about her

Almost stopped reading right there...but this post was too much of a train wreck to pass up.

Sarah Palin, you are no Hillary Clinton.

Thank god for that

To those of you who, like me, supported Hillary and were upset that she did not get the nomination

Yup, shoulda stopped up top... :thumbsup:

I thought it might help for all of you

Yeah, you helped me with a good laugh. Thanks!

First off, thank you Mr. Grammar Teacher for letting me know that I have a problem with using appropriate language during a discussion. You are truly wise.

You're welcome. Hopefully this time we won't need half the board to chime in to make you realize it.

I have never stated that you DIRECTLY said she was great candidate. Although, you do seem to want to defend the choice a lot. Interesting. :huh: I believe that one should look at both names on the ticket, to simply look at one and pay attention only to one, I believe is foolish. Likelihood of Roe v. Wade being overturned may be remote... however most people should not want to take the chance with a possible president and vice-president who are so against it and would love for it to be overturned. I would never classify it as a silly issue.

Oh, DIRECTLY.....nice back-peddle. :thumbsup:

No, I haven't defended or criticized the choice at all. Unlike some idiots, I'd like to actually have the chance to hear her speak and learn something about her other than whose child her daughter is carrying. I have merely stated that the ignorant and juvenile comments posted against her on this board by the likes of you and JK_retard are just that -- ignorant and juvenile.

Yes, McCain has been in office forever. However, I believe that just because one has been there for a long time doesn't mean that they are the right choice to run the whole country. After all he has voted along the Bush line for what 95% of the time over the course of the past few years? Also believed the economy is strong right now? Seems to be that original maverick has changed his tune. The VP choice should make up for whatever Presidential nominee is missing. ie: McCain Economy Obama: Foreign Affairs

Uh, wait a sec. So duration of experience doesn't necessarily qualify one to be POTUS, but duration of experience can preclude someone from being VPOTUS. Got it. :cry: Don't hurt yourself talking in circles.

And good job running away from the debate at hand to get in the "95%" talking point. And no, the economy is not in 'shambles' (from one of your earlier posts). 5.6% inflation could be a little better. 5.7% unemployment is right where it should be.

The discussion on health is there because even though McCain may have received a clean bill of health now, if something happens to him then we have Palin running the country. That is frightening to me. Same for Obama, at least if something happens to him we have someone who (I believe) can lead the country.

That's a big IF. And why isn't it frightening that nobody even needs to die for Obama (with zero executive experience and very little FP experience) to become POTUS?? Still can't cross that bridge to nowhere, can you?

You're welcome. Hopefully this time we won't need half the board to chime in to make you realize it.

Oh, DIRECTLY.....nice back-peddle. :thumbsup:

No, I haven't defended or criticized the choice at all. Unlike some idiots, I'd like to actually have the chance to hear her speak and learn something about her other than whose child her daughter is carrying. I have merely stated that the ignorant and juvenile comments posted against her on this board by the likes of you and JK_retard are just that -- ignorant and juvenile.

Uh, wait a sec. So duration of experience doesn't necessarily qualify one to be POTUS, but duration of experience can preclude someone from being VPOTUS. Got it. :doh: Don't hurt yourself talking in circles.

And good job running away from the debate at hand to get in the "95%" talking point. And no, the economy is not in 'shambles' (from one of your earlier posts). 5.6% inflation could be a little better. 5.7% unemployment is right where it should be.

That's a big IF. And why isn't it frightening that nobody even needs to die for Obama (with zero executive experience and very little FP experience) to become POTUS?? Still can't cross that bridge to nowhere, can you?

You seriously have ego issues. From now, grasshopper when I say "KD in CT YOU said... " will that help? Just making sure. I am sure she will have good speech tonight. I do like :huh: her other speeches as well. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/p...h_n_123205.html

Going from Mayor to not even full-term (a little over one year does not give someone the experience necessary to possibly run the country). That's like saying well, I played Pop Warner for two years, then varsity football for one - now I am heading to the Pros to be a starter. Regarding McCain - YES, he has experience. However, just because has been there for so long does not ultimately make him the right choice to run the country. One would also have to look at his judgment. The original maverick has sided with, then against, then back with Bush how many times in the past four years?

And you are right, the economy is GREAT!! :cry:

Your are right it is a big IF. However, the VP candidate should be able to lead this country in case that IF comes true. I'm sorry if you feel as though experience in both the state senate and in congress does not count for experience. McCain must be pissed about that.

And you are right, the economy is GREAT!! :thumbsup:

You know, it's not that black-and-white. It's not the roaring 80's, but it's not the Great Depression either. There are shades in between.

Your are right it is a big IF. However, the VP candidate should be able to lead this country in case that IF comes true.

How many VP's does that actually apply to, historically? Bush The First was probably less qualified than Palin. LBJ even less than that. Truman was considered one of the most UNqualified...yet he turned out pretty good when he got the office. Nelson Rockefeller was probably the MOST qualified VP in recent history - arguably more qualified for the presidency than Ford was. The whole "A VP must be qualified for president" arguement is pretty new, and relatively specious, given past history. I can't recall it ever being a real consideration before...2004?

Plus...it's a disingenious interpretation of the role of the VP in the government. The VP is the president pro-tem of the Senate...shouldn't legislative experience be more important than executive? In that regard, either Biden, McCain, OR Obama would be a better VP choice than Palin. Conversely, as the only governor on the slate, she's got more executive experience than any of the other three.

You know, it's not that black-and-white. It's not the roaring 80's, but it's not the Great Depression either. There are shades in between.

How many VP's does that actually apply to, historically? Bush The First was probably less qualified than Palin. LBJ even less than that. Truman was considered one of the most UNqualified...yet he turned out pretty good when he got the office. Nelson Rockefeller was probably the MOST qualified VP in recent history - arguably more qualified for the presidency than Ford was. The whole "A VP must be qualified for president" arguement is pretty new, and relatively specious, given past history. I can't recall it ever being a real consideration before...2004?

Plus...it's a disingenious interpretation of the role of the VP in the government. The VP is the president pro-tem of the Senate...shouldn't legislative experience be more important than executive? In that regard, either Biden, McCain, OR Obama would be a better VP choice than Palin. Conversely, as the only governor on the slate, she's got more executive experience than any of the other three.

Completely agree with you on the economy. It's not that great right now, however for anyone (I did not say KD in CT, I said "anyone") to say that it's doing well they would be fooling themselves.

Granted one can take history into account when talking about the VP position. However as we know, times have changed. But you are right, you never know one could turn out to be pretty good. I am not willing to take a chance on that though.

If Palin had more than a little over a year as governor under her belt I would feel better about her experience. But let's face it, that year plus a mayoral position of a SMALL town do not add up to me.

It would help if you stop trying to put words in other people's mouths.

And you are right, the economy is GREAT!! :thumbsup:

Oops...there you go again. I didn't say the economy was GREAT, did I? I just pointed out that it's asinine to think it's in 'shambles'. (I feel like I'm training a puppy to pee outside).

And I'm sorry that you think being a governor does not count for experience. Bill Clinton must be pissed about that.

It would help if you stop trying to put words in other people's mouths.

Oops...there you go again. I didn't say the economy was GREAT, did I? I just pointed out that it's asinine to think it's in 'shambles'. (I feel like I'm training a puppy to pee outside).

And I'm sorry that you think being a governor does not count for experience. Bill Clinton must be pissed about that.

It would be great if you didn't believe that everything written was about you. Read more - as posted earlier "If Palin had more than a little over a year as governor under her belt I would feel better about her experience. But let's face it, that year plus a mayoral position of a SMALL town do not add up to me."

As an Alaskan, I am writing to give all of you some information on Sarah Palin, Senator McCain's choice for VP. As an Alaska voter, I know more than most of you about her and, frankly, I am horrified that he picked her.

I know this is a lengthy and emotional email, but the stakes are high. I thought it might help for all of you, regardless of political affiliation, to know something about Palin from someone who has to

live with her administration in Alaska on a daily basis.

Signed

Frank Murkowski

It would be great if you didn't believe that everything written was about you. Read more - as posted earlier "If Palin had more than a little over a year as governor under her belt I would feel better about her experience. But let's face it, that year plus a mayoral position of a SMALL town do not add up to me."

Uh, you were responding to ME you friggin retard!

Glad to know that you believe someone that has very little executive office experience, virtually no foreign affairs experience, etc., etc., etc. is a great candidate.

By the way, how is 19 months 'a little over a year'? Isn't it closer to 2? Just another pBills fact-challenged post.

And oh by the way...I see we have another backtrack:

Completely agree with you on the economy. It's not that great right now, however for anyone (I did not say KD in CT, I said "anyone") to say that it's doing well they would be fooling themselves.

You agree with Tom on the economy? So does that mean that the economy is NOT in fact, "in shambles"?

If Palin had more than a little over a year as governor under her belt I would feel better about her experience. But let's face it, that year plus a mayoral position of a SMALL town do not add up to me.

And if Obama had more than zero experience seeing how tax policy effects revenue and job creation I would feel better about him too.

Granted one can take history into account when talking about the VP position. However as we know, times have changed. But you are right, you never know one could turn out to be pretty good. I am not willing to take a chance on that though.

But again, experience in what? How does the experience being the executive of a small town weigh against being the junior senator from Massachusetts for 20 years, or being a civil lawyer in class-action lawsuits, or being the head of the CIA, or commanding 11 guys on a torpedo boat in the South Pacific? What precisely is the skill set we're looking for here?

It seems clear to me that you understand that I'm not disagreeing with you here (or agreeing, for that matter). But the criteria everyone seems to be judging by seems awfully arbitrary to me, and not necessarily relevant. Hell, by the standards I'm seeing here, Ray Nagin - quite possibly the biggest clown in the Democratic Party, if not the known universe - would be more qualified than any of the four.

But again, experience in what? How does the experience being the executive of a small town weigh against being the junior senator from Massachusetts for 20 years, or being a civil lawyer in class-action lawsuits, or being the head of the CIA, or commanding 11 guys on a torpedo boat in the South Pacific? What precisely is the skill set we're looking for here?

It seems clear to me that you understand that I'm not disagreeing with you here (or agreeing, for that matter). But the criteria everyone seems to be judging by seems awfully arbitrary to me, and not necessarily relevant. Hell, by the standards I'm seeing here, Ray Nagin - quite possibly the biggest clown in the Democratic Party, if not the known universe - would be more qualified than any of the four.

Well put. I'm not really sure if or what skills on either of their resumes is generalizable across jobs to the presidency.

I also happen to think that the current president would be a lousy small town mayor, community organizer, or class action attorney.

I also like the "we are mad as hell speech" from the Republican women this morning.

They never quite bothered to identify who they were mad at beyond "some people" who do things "that will not stand".

How dare those nebulous people say those nebulous things.... The inhumanity.

Uh, you were responding to ME you friggin retard!

By the way, how is 19 months 'a little over a year'? Isn't it closer to 2? Just another pBills fact-challenged post.

And oh by the way...I see we have another backtrack:

You agree with Tom on the economy? So does that mean that the economy is NOT in fact, "in shambles"?

Dude, I am done with you. I am sick of you and your abrasive posts it's quite pathetic. Enjoy CT if you are really from there or some ivory tower. Peace out... hello Mr. Ignore Button.

Dude, I am done with you. I am sick of you and your abrasive posts it's quite pathetic. Enjoy CT if you are really from there or some ivory tower. Peace out... hello Mr. Ignore Button.

If that's your way of apologizing for 1) putting words in my mouth that I didn't say, 2) being wrong about calling me out for responding directly to a post where you responded to me, and 3) proving that your arguments were ignorant, than fine, I accept. Little surprise that you'd slink away only to continue posting nonsense and lies in another thread.

I'm still confused on the economy though...."shambles" huh? :thumbsup: Fuggin' 'tard.

You're right!

I figured your punctuation was as bad as your spelling was as pathetic as everything else you post.

And actually...it IS your fault. If you were anything more than barely literate, it wouldn't have been an issue.

Once again the reference "commander and chief" flies right over your head! Nice work dumbass!

Women's Voices/Women Vote Action Fund commissioned a women's focus group of former Hillary Clinton supporters for Palin's speech coordinated by Anna Greenberg and Stan Greenberg of Greenberg, Quinlan, Rosner Research (article here).

While they seemd to think she was a good speaker, it doesn't look like former Clintonista's in Nevada were that impressed with the substance or tone.

In the "married" group, when one attendee kicked off the discussion by saying "she's a good speaker, and a crowd pleaser," the rest of the room articulated their agreement. "I didn't expect to be as impressed as I was," said another respondent. But then another woman added: "Once she started mudslinging, I thought, it's the same old crap as other politicians. McCain used her to get the women's vote. And she's using McCain."

"Thank you," another woman responded. "That really upset me; there was no need for that. It was snippy."

The unmarried group also voiced similar objections to the harsh, partisan edge of Palin's remarks. "I'm not impressed with her at all as a person," one said, citing her "finger pointing" and general sarcasm after the group had generally agreed that she was a talented public speaker.

Still not all focus group members thought Palin came off too harsh. "She didn't seem very aggressive to me at all," said one unmarried participant.

But in both groups, narrow majorities said they held a more negative view of Palin after her speech. "She comes off pretty cutthroat," said one.

And they're not down with her anti-choice stance.

When prompted to respond to Palin's steadfast opposition to abortion -- even in cases of rape or incest -- no woman in either group stepped forward to defend the Alaskan Republican. "I don't dig that," said one married woman, matter of factly.