Palin... will she gain some of the Hillary supporters?

pBills

So what's your point? What was the simple question? I don't need to defend Sarah Palin, you guys are the ones all worked up about her based on nothing but your opinion that her state isn't big enough, and you are not interested in forming an opinion about her based on anything other than smear campaigns. So why would I spend time researching specific accomplishments of a politician thousands of miles away from where I live for the benefit of a moron like JK who's not really interested anyway?

Maybe you guys need a link to her Wikipedia page?

Wow, 15 minutes...you're slipping. But, at least you posted absolutely nothing of value and included some random link, so that's in keeping with every other post you've made here. Good job! :unsure:

Sorry, none of that counts because she's in the NRA/daughter's pregnant/19 months/Alaska/ANWR/pandering. <_<

When did Wikipedia become a reliable source? I'm not worked up, I find the choice to be funny and bad at the same time.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume can google as well as I, so you know as mayor she reduced property taxes 40%; secured $27 million in earmarked funds (not bad for a city of 9,000); raised sales taxes to buid an ice rink and sorts complex; and reduced the mayors salary. During this time she also was elected president of the Alaska Council of Mayors.

As governor led a campaign on clean government, rescinding the late-hour appointments of her (corrupt R- ) predecessor; sold off the executive jet he had purchased; raised taxes on the oil companies; pushed through the development of a new Canadian oil pipeline from Alaska to the lower 48; and is currenly pushing a $1,200 rebate to each Alaskan fom the oil windfall.

Wow!!!!!!So impressive! She was able to waste both our federal tax dollars and her constituents local tax dollars!

Moral of the Story- If you can get elected to any mayor's office, any county executive/manager position, or any governorship and if the city/town/state doesn't immediately spontaneously combust or devolve into a dystopian wasteland then you're qualified to be President of the United States! Because I mean Sarah Plain learned how to place her signature on a bill! Whoa!!!

Relevant experience. Glad to know that you believe someone that has very little executive office experience, virtually no foreign affairs experience, etc., etc., etc. is a great candidate. <_<

You know, I almost forgot about "most people are struggling to keep their homes". I almost forgot that you have a problem with using appropriate language in a discussion. Please point out exactly where I said she was a "great candidate" or that anyone with very little executive experience, no FP experience, etc. would make a "great candidate". I didn't say that, did I p? No. What I am saying is that someone with NO executive experience whatsoever, very little foreign policy experience, etc., is a TERRIBLE candidate for POTUS. And that is a charge which you and your ilk still refuse to address. And compared to that, I don't really care what the other sides' VP looks like.

Abortion who gives a rats ass? Really ask a woman if they have stance on Abortion? Huge issue especially since McCain has come out several times stating that he was elected president he would roll back roe v. wade. Scary thought to many women.

I have and the vast majority of them don't give a rats' ass. Most women I know have kids or are dying to get pregnant. I for one am happy with abortion -- if you don't want your own kid I don't want to pay for the foster care, but the likelihood of overturning RvW is remote, and even if it was, states are free to continue to allow abortions. It is a silly issue designed to get simpletons all worked up about something that impacts a tiny % of the population.

Foreign Affairs. You give her a 1. I give her -1. Biden makes up from what Obama lacks in that department. Biden receives about a 99.

Except that the VP needs to be reduced by a factor of 10 compared to the POTUS. What counts is the experience at the top of the ticket, and McCain has that won by a mile. If you want to start talking about underlings, than the VP is meaningless without also knowing who will be Secy of State, Secy of Defense, Joint Chiefs, etc., etc.

Nostradamus seeing into the future health of a 73 year old man who has had health issues in the past.

No real point to make here, huh? McCain is healthy. 73 isn't that old. What does Nostradamus say about the health of a black man in a historically racist country? They've already arrest one group who said they wanted to shoot him; how many more out there?

You know, I almost forgot about "most people are struggling to keep their homes". I almost forgot that you have a problem with using appropriate language in a discussion. Please point out exactly where I said she was a "great candidate" or that anyone with very little executive experience, no FP experience, etc. would make a "great candidate". I didn't say that, did I p? No. What I am saying is that someone with NO executive experience whatsoever, very little foreign policy experience, etc., is a TERRIBLE candidate for POTUS. And that is a charge which you and your ilk still refuse to address. And compared to that, I don't really care what the other sides' VP looks like.

I have and the vast majority of them don't give a rats' ass. Most women I know have kids or are dying to get pregnant. I for one am happy with abortion -- if you don't want your own kid I don't want to pay for the foster care, but the likelihood of overturning RvW is remote, and even if it was, states are free to continue to allow abortions. It is a silly issue designed to get simpletons all worked up about something that impacts a tiny % of the population.

Except that the VP needs to be reduced by a factor of 10 compared to the POTUS. What counts is the experience at the top of the ticket, and McCain has that won by a mile. If you want to start talking about underlings, than the VP is meaningless without also knowing who will be Secy of State, Secy of Defense, Joint Chiefs, etc., etc.

No real point to make here, huh? McCain is healthy. 73 isn't that old. What does Nostradamus say about the health of a black man in a historically racist country? They've already arrest one group who said they wanted to shoot him; how many more out there?

Well, let's get to it...

First off, thank you Mr. Grammar Teacher for letting me know that I have a problem with using appropriate language during a discussion. You are truly wise.

I have never stated that you DIRECTLY said she was great candidate. Although, you do seem to want to defend the choice a lot. Interesting. <_< I believe that one should look at both names on the ticket, to simply look at one and pay attention only to one, I believe is foolish. Likelihood of Roe v. Wade being overturned may be remote... however most people should not want to take the chance with a possible president and vice-president who are so against it and would love for it to be overturned. I would never classify it as a silly issue.

Yes, McCain has been in office forever. However, I believe that just because one has been there for a long time doesn't mean that they are the right choice to run the whole country. After all he has voted along the Bush line for what 95% of the time over the course of the past few years? Also believed the economy is strong right now? Seems to be that original maverick has changed his tune. The VP choice should make up for whatever Presidential nominee is missing. ie: McCain Economy Obama: Foreign Affairs

The discussion on health is there because even though McCain may have received a clean bill of health now, if something happens to him then we have Palin running the country. That is frightening to me. Same for Obama, at least if something happens to him we have someone who (I believe) can lead the country.

Wow!!!!!!So impressive! She was able to waste both our federal tax dollars and her constituents local tax dollars!

Moral of the Story- If you can get elected to any mayor's office, any county executive/manager position, or any governorship and if the city/town/state doesn't immediately spontaneously combust or devolve into a dystopian wasteland then you're qualified to be President of the United States! Because I mean Sarah Plain learned how to place her signature on a bill! Whoa!!!

You asked for specifics, not a comparitive judgement:

I'm still waiting for your response. Here, I'll repeat the question (again)-

Can you tell me anything about Sarah Palin's "executive experience" or "commander and chief experience"? Why should a 19 month governor of a idiosyncratic state with a population of only 600K become next in line to be POTUS? Name one thing she did that was exceptional. Don't bother responding if you're just going to say "What am Obama be doing that am be exceptional"?

The fact is that she made decisons and accomplished things which are real and have costs and conseqences. They are executive decisions. If you want to debate whether raising the sales tax to fund a sports complex or whether raiding your surplus (as opposed to congresses deficit spending) to give everybody $1,200 is worthwhile, I suggest you start a separate thread.

As for your conclusion, that really is the pot calling the kettle black. Obama's legislative career has been described by none other than the Washington Post as sidling his way into co-sponsoring everybody elses bill. My favorite incident, as recounted by the Post, was the Immigration bill. He encountered the authors on thier way to announce it to the press, asked if he could come along to co-sign for the photo-op (apparently not an unusual request), and they said yes. Once there, he grabbed the mic first, and thanked himself and *then* the other senators for the long hours they had put in to make the bipartisan legislation possible. Apparently Ted Kennedy was livid (and I'm sure McCain was none too pleased either).

And of course there are the tough votes he has made: a record number of non-commital 'present,' and no bucking of the party.

You asked for specifics, not a comparitive judgement:

The fact is that she made decisons and accomplished things which are real and have costs and conseqences. They are executive decisions. If you want to debate whether raising the sales tax to fund a sports complex or whether raiding your surplus (as opposed to congresses deficit spending) to give everybody $1,200 is worthwhile, I suggest you start a separate thread.

As for your conclusion, that really is the pot calling the kettle black. Obama's legislative career has been described by none other than the Washington Post as sidling his way into co-sponsoring everybody elses bill. My favorite incident, as recounted by the Post, was the Immigration bill. He encountered the authors on thier way to announce it to the press, asked if he could come along to co-sign for the photo-op (apparently not an unusual request), and they said yes. Once there, he grabbed the mic first, and thanked himself and *then* the other senators for the long hours they had put in to make the bipartisan legislation possible. Apparently Ted Kennedy was livid (and I'm sure McCain was none too pleased either).

And of course there are the tough votes he has made: a record number of non-commital 'present,' and no bucking of the party.

The key word of my question was exceptional. Micheal Bloomberg has made exceptional executive decisions, as has Rudy Giulani, Meg Whitman, and Carly Fiorina. All of which would have been impressive choices for VP.

I did a pretty extensive search on the immigration bill and obama, and can't find a single reference to this alleged incident. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it sure hasn't had much written about it. How about a Link?

I did a pretty extensive search on the immigration bill and obama, and can't find a single reference to this alleged incident. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it sure hasn't had much written about it. How about a Link?

First hit when typed in GG search

"immigration bill obama washington post"

Perhaps try typing in English, next time?

Can you tell me anything about Sarah Palin's "executive experience" or "commander and chief experience"?

As governor, she commands the Alaska National Guard. That's more "commander and chief" [sic] experience than Biden...or Obama, McCain. Executive experience...she's a governor. That's more executive experience than the legislators Biden, Obama, or McCain.

You'd have been better off saying "It doesn't make a bit of difference." And it's "commander-IN-chief", dumbass.

As governor, she commands the Alaska National Guard. That's more "commander and chief" [sic] experience than Biden...or Obama, McCain. Executive experience...she's a governor. That's more executive experience than the legislators Biden, Obama, or McCain.

You'd have been better off saying "It doesn't make a bit of difference." And it's "commander-IN-chief", dumbass.

WHY DO YOU THINK I PUT IT IN QUOTES YOU MORON! IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THE REFERENCE!

You of all people know that having the ability to do something is NOT the same as having the EXPERIENCE.

How many times has she had to call out the guard for a critical mission? When Hurricane Melvin threatened Scagway? When was the last time Canada invaded Alaska? Has she had to use the National Guard as a threat to get the Russians to remove their nuke-you-lar missiles from the Pribilofs?

Having the power, which is part of the job, does NOT mean having the experience and USING it.

Duh. :thumbsup:

actually my query was obama immigration bill site:washingtonpost.com and I missed that result, my bad.

was it necessary to hurl insults?

Probably not. But hard to pass up given the "extensive search" you apparently conducted, when the story was the THIRD result on the FIRST page using your OWN search string.

Probably not. But hard to pass up given the "extensive search" you apparently conducted, when the story was the THIRD result on the FIRST page using your OWN search string.

by extensive search, I meant I checked the Washington Post and Google, using several variations of that query. I agree, I said it was my bad, I should have opened the article

I can understand his missing it. The seeming even-handedness of the article's title, "Both Obama and Clinton Embellish their Roles," discounted the likliehood of it having been read and cited by anyone in this forum. He was probably looking to respond to something called "Obama eats babies before pausing to steal legislation."

WHY DO YOU THINK I PUT IT IN QUOTES YOU MORON! IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND THE REFERENCE!

I figured your punctuation was as bad as your spelling was as pathetic as everything else you post.

And actually...it IS your fault. If you were anything more than barely literate, it wouldn't have been an issue.