When it rains it pours!!!

JK2000

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How patriotic!

"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions." - Joe Vogler, founder of the Alaskan Independence Party

Nice job on the vetting McCain!

Check our the AIP's FAQ

Q: What is the Alaskan Independence Party?

A: An Alaskan political party whose members advocate a range of solutions to the conflicts between federal and local authority; from advocacy for state's rights, through a return to territorial status, all the way to complete independence and nationhood status for Alaska.

Q: Would I lose my U.S. citizenship?

A: Depending on the form of independence, several forms of citizenship would be possible, including the retention of U.S. citizenship or dual citizenship. However, considering the moral, educational, and economic decay of the U.S., Alaskans' who hold themselves to a higher standard might very well decide to at least maintain an arm's length distance from a country in decline.

Q: Didn't we vote for statehood already?

A: The vote for statehood was invalid because the people were not presented with the range of options available to them. Further, the federal government has since breached the contract for statehood on numerous occasions in over a dozen serious and substantial instances.

What's next, Randy Weaver as Secretary of Defense? Ed Brown as Secretary of the Treasury? Skrewdriver as the NSC?

This was proved as false by the McCain campaign, they released her records that shows she was never in the Independence Party, and has always been a Republican. See end of this article. Don't believe everything you read (you know, like Obama being born in Kenya, Obama being a muslim, Obama not pledging, etc) until you've checked the facts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/02/po...ry4408656.shtml

This was proved as false by the McCain campaign, they released her records that shows she was never in the Independence Party, and has always been a Republican. See end of this article. Don't believe everything you read (you know, like Obama being born in Kenya, Obama being a muslim, Obama not pledging, etc) until you've checked the facts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/02/po...ry4408656.shtml

C'mon Bill. Only the GOP uses fear mongering to keep their sheep in line.

The partisans grow more disgusting by the election.

How do you know there was a lack of research?

You see it as a lack of judgement, others may not.

"Uninformed decision"? based on what?

I think it was a great pick, she is a political out sider that stepped up to fix something and has moved up highest office in her state and has done a good job, even if for a short time.

Here's an interesting read on how much research was done on Palin.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/am...ble-917013.html

McCain's claim of country first is obscene given how and why he chose Palin. Clearly is was win at any cost first, country be damned.

Here's an interesting read on how much research was done on Palin.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/am...ble-917013.html

McCain's claim of country first is obscene given how and why he chose Palin. Clearly is was win at any cost first, country be damned.

Interesting? Sure. True, not all of it.

Read the article in my post above yours which discredits some of this article, which then puts most of it in question.

What were she and her husband doing associating with these people that wanted to break up the nation? Obama took a lot of heat for that nut Wright that I think Palin should come out and explain her association with these separitists. I hope the news media is fair and gives this person a platform to explain his views. Wright was on all the news shows, I hope these seperatist come out of their cave and expalin why Palin and them hate the government she wants to lead. Obama took a lot of heat for his flag pin and these guys have spit on the flag. And before some of you go off and tell me I don't kown what I'm talking about just look at my links or just sit down and be quiet. McCain has to dump this cancer.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmem...ed_hatred_f.php

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...rs-of-frin.html

Is it possible that McCain, who see's himself as the great reformer, might have also been particularly attracted to her reputation as a anti-special interests crusader?

No, that would be too simple. A VP is chosen for one and only one attribute. At least Obama's appears to have been... how else do you explain the selection of a consumate Washington insider (the kind Obama pledges to rid us of), who managed to have somehow supported the second Iraq war while being one of the few who opposed the first.

Is it possible that McCain, who see's himself as the great reformer, might have also been particularly attracted to her reputation as a anti-special interests crusader?

No, that would be too simple. A VP is chosen for one and only one attribute. At least Obama's appears to have been... how else do you explain the selection of a consumate Washington insider (the kind Obama pledges to rid us of), who managed to have somehow supported the second Iraq war while being one of the few who opposed the first.

What are you in a dream world... You need the DC insiders... Even if you are going to rid them... You have to at least play the game. Sticking to your guns like Carter did is suicide.

Really . . . Wow . . . Apparently you're only allowed to be black or female if you are a liberal or a democrat.

Please, don't be so disingenous. If the shoe were on the other foot Limbaugh, OReilly, Gingrich, Hannity, Rove et al, wait the shoe is on the other foot and these anti-repig bloggers are amateurs compared those guys have thrown at Clinton and OBama. The real american accusation, though John McSame was born in Panama-granted a territory at the time, but really, the muslim lie, the trashing of Michelle Obama, the lesbian jokes about HRC, the shrill voice imitations, the bashing of Chelsea....I could go on.

This is politics, been like this since before the muckracking days of the 20s and 30s.

Please, don't be so disingenous. If the shoe were on the other foot Limbaugh, OReilly, Gingrich, Hannity, Rove et al, wait the shoe is on the other foot and these anti-repig bloggers are amateurs compared those guys have thrown at Clinton and OBama. The real american accusation, though John McSame was born in Panama-granted a territory at the time, but really, the muslim lie, the trashing of Michelle Obama, the lesbian jokes about HRC, the shrill voice imitations, the bashing of Chelsea....I could go on.

This is politics, been like this since before the muckracking days of the 20s and 30s.

Don't you find it amusing that when you're accusing the other side of mudslinging, you just can't help yourself not to use "repigs?"

Don't you find it amusing that when you're accusing the other side of mudslinging, you just can't help yourself not to use "repigs?"

It wasn't about the irresistibility of the term, I debated throwing it in or not and figured I would do so to get a reaction. It was unnecessary in the context of a serious statement, but on this board...... Unfortunately, your response was too subdued. I was hoping for an F U.

But that is my point, mudslinging has been around a long time and now one should be surprised by it, in politics or this board. The holier than thou attitude of some folks here kills me. Please, we all sling it with the best we can bring even if it is just insulting the messenger.

It wasn't about the irresistibility of the term, I debated throwing it in or not and figured I would do so to get a reaction. It was unnecessary in the context of a serious statement, but on this board...... Unfortunately, your response was too subdued. I was hoping for an F U.

But that is my point, mudslinging has been around a long time and now one should be surprised by it, in politics or this board. The holier than thou attitude of some folks here kills me. Please, we all sling it with the best we can bring even if it is just insulting the messenger.

Then keep pretending that the left is more enlightened than the dumbed down right.

I will, thanks, that is part of the mudslinging. Just like the opposite side's use of "Libtards". :thumbsup:

An observation of a series of events is not mudslinging. Please find a post when I used that term.