Larry Johnson for Maurice Jones Drew

Acantha

I screwed up in my draft and took Marshawn Lynch and Larry Johnson with my first two picks....and they are both off week 6. Both of my backup WR's, are also off week 6 (so no WR available for my flex position). I have to start 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and 1 WR/RB.

So basically in Week 6 I'd be starting Reggie Bush, Chris Perry, and Ray Rice. So I just sent in a trade request to trade Larry Johnson for MJD. I had them ranked fairly evenly, so I'm not too concerned about that trade.

My question is, since FF doesn't tend to be the land of even trades, I"m expecting him to want me to throw something else in. Even if it's a backup, does anyone think MJD is worth having all season over Johnson and a backup, or should I just take the hit on week 6?

I screwed up in my draft and took Marshawn Lynch and Larry Johnson with my first two picks....and they are both off week 6. Both of my backup WR's, are also off week 6 (so no WR available for my flex position). I have to start 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and 1 WR/RB.

So basically in Week 6 I'd be starting Reggie Bush, Chris Perry, and Ray Rice. So I just sent in a trade request to trade Larry Johnson for MJD. I had them ranked fairly evenly, so I'm not too concerned about that trade.

My question is, since FF doesn't tend to be the land of even trades, I"m expecting him to want me to throw something else in. Even if it's a backup, does anyone think MJD is worth having all season over Johnson and a backup, or should I just take the hit on week 6?

If your league gives you points for individual return yardage then MJD for Johnson is a no brainer. I don't see where the three you'd be left to start would be a big deal. don't give away the farm for just one week of possible trouble. It's better to take the one week hit than to give away a lot.

If your league gives you points for individual return yardage then MJD for Johnson is a no brainer. I don't see where the three you'd be left to start would be a big deal. don't give away the farm for just one week of possible trouble. It's better to take the one week hit than to give away a lot.

Yeah, he turned down the trade. Think I"m going to take my chances on the bye. Trades in FF aggravate the hell out of me. Dude put MJD on the trading block, so I offer him a solid trade, and he turns it down. What does he expect to get?

Oh well....I'll deal with it.

What's wrong with Reggie Bush, Chris Perry, and Ray Rice as starters in the bye week? Bush and Perry are starters and Rice will likely get carries every week, and better if WM is banged up. No reason to force a trade to make a slight upgrade for one week

I have LJ in one of my leagues so I'm sure I'm biased but I wouldn't make the trade. As to me taking a hit for one week is better then taking a hit for all the other weeks. As until Drew is no longer a backup behind Fred Taylor I rank him in the low teens/early twenties of ranked backs where LJ is top 10/early teens.

I have LJ in one of my leagues so I'm sure I'm biased but I wouldn't make the trade. As to me taking a hit for one week is better then taking a hit for all the other weeks. As until Drew is no longer a backup behind Fred Taylor I rank him in the low teens/early twenties of ranked backs where LJ is top 10/early teens.

The issue with LJ is his health. If he's 100%, he's a much better fantasy back than MJD, but I just don't have a lot of faith in him holding up the whole year. That puts them on basically even ground to me.

The issue with LJ is his health. If he's 100%, he's a much better fantasy back than MJD, but I just don't have a lot of faith in him holding up the whole year. That puts them on basically even ground to me.

I took LJ and Portis with the sandwich pick in the first round. I'm praying LJ bounces back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.