My god, does WGR ever give it a rest?

Well then you guys just aren't listening to what they're saying.

They aren't arguing for starters playing at all, and neither am I. Rather, they are arguing that for a team that was bad last year, and for a coach who yaps on and on about how these games are important for players to audition for roster spots not only on the Bills but other teams around the league, they could actually use these games to, you know... improve the team?

Treat it like a game. See what you really have depth-wise. Coach like you have a clue. See if your backups can actually run a two-minute offense. Give fans at least a BIT of their money's worth.

If you can't grasp the nuance, I don't know what to tell you.

I listen and practice everyday what the MORON Schop( if thats how you spell it, I could care either way) says..You may use your right of not listening and turn it off..I listen to the Fan 590 if I listen to sports at all..I turned it on for a second this afternoon only to be iritated by his voice again..It took one segment..He brings nothing and I repeat nothing to the table...He is like the drunk mother inlaw that lives till 95..LEAVE already..Go back to where you came from..

I listen and practice everyday what the MORON Schop( if thats how you spell it, I could care either way) says..You may use your right of not listening and turn it off..I listen to the Fan 590 if I listen to sports at all..I turned it on for a second this afternoon only to be iritated by his voice again..It took one segment..He brings nothing and I repeat nothing to the table...He is like the drunk mother inlaw that lives till 95..LEAVE already..Go back to where you came from..

Geez, today he's ragging about how stupid cheerleaders are. I wonder if Mike ever records his show and listens to it. If he did, maybe he'd realize how gratingly negative he's become...just grousing about every stupid thing. He doesn't sound like a happy man at all. All I can say is he's lucky there is no alternative.

PTR

It's not just WGR, it's an Entercom thing. Occasionally over at WBEN Sandy Beach and his lickspittle toady sidekick will do an anti-Bills show. The last time was the day of the Pittsburgh game. It was funny flipping back and forth between the two stations and hearing the same talking points and faux outrage over the Bills playing in Toronto. Blatantly obvious.

I also get a good chuckle when a caller has the nerve to point out to Sandy that it's easy to tell that his topics and viewpoints are dictated by management. Sandy will then dump the call and act insulted and incredulous.

Sorry, Entercom - you're as transparent a a piece of Saran Wrap, and worth even less.

Now Schopp & the Dope are railing against Jauron for being "patronizing." WTF?? Its like they spend all their time finding outrage in the smallest cracks. Oh, and of course their favorite phrase "SLAP IN THE FACE" is being bandied about freely. Ponderous...flippin' ponderous!

It is so depressing. I live in New England and have to listen to WEEI belittle the Bills. Then I come home and our hometown sports talker is doing the same thing. :oops:

PTR

One word: ratings. A happy smiley everything is great show would tank in the ratings. Angering people makes them listen and call in. Bob Matthews in Rochester has a great show. He's honest. When he believes that Buffalo did something good he'll praise them. When they do something he doesn't agree with he'll say so. He's willing to listen anyone's opinions.

Shopp had a great show when he was in Rochester. I was sad to see him go. It's obvious he's being handed talking points by the station because he wasn't what you guys are saying he is now.

From Howard Stern's Private Parts:

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

It's not just WGR, it's an Entercom thing. Occasionally over at WBEN Sandy Beach and his lickspittle toady sidekick will do an anti-Bills show. The last time was the day of the Pittsburgh game. It was funny flipping back and forth between the two stations and hearing the same talking points and faux outrage over the Bills playing in Toronto. Blatantly obvious.

I also get a good chuckle when a caller has the nerve to point out to Sandy that it's easy to tell that his topics and viewpoints are dictated by management. Sandy will then dump the call and act insulted and incredulous.

Sorry, Entercom - you're as transparent a a piece of Saran Wrap, and worth even less.

Sandy and his producer DO know what they are talking about. Sandy produced Bills games on Kb 1520 for several years.

Geez, today he's ragging about how stupid cheerleaders are. I wonder if Mike ever records his show and listens to it. If he did, maybe he'd realize how gratingly negative he's become...just grousing about every stupid thing. He doesn't sound like a happy man at all. All I can say is he's lucky there is no alternative.

PTR

On side note..I might be taking this for granted but I figure youre a big Bulls fan, I figured that out by my detective prowess ..lol..I ran into the UTEP minors coach while walking down to the MAid of the Mist yesterday...He told me that thhe Bulls are gonna give Pitt alot of trouble next Saturday and he was really impressed by with the way the Bulls program has been developing...

On side note..I might be taking this for granted but I figure youre a big Bulls fan, I figured that out by my detective prowess ..lol..I ran into the UTEP minors coach while walking down to the MAid of the Mist yesterday...He told me that thhe Bulls are gonna give Pitt alot of trouble next Saturday and he was really impressed by with the way the Bulls program has been developing...

Oh, am I that obvious? (see sig. :oops: ) That's nice to hear that the UTEP crew is getting something out of their trip besides a beatdown. The ironic thing is Mike Price scheduled a home-and-home with UB because they wanted a punching bag to pad their record. Bad timing on his part.

PTR

Sandy and his producer DO know what they are talking about. Sandy produced Bills games on Kb 1520 for several years.

Where did I say that they don't know what they're talking about? Now that you bring it up, Sandy's Bills knowledge is a bit suspect, producer or not. I know his poop boy does play by play for a local team.

My point is that Entercom has an anti-Bills agenda, and their on-air hosts are informed of that in no uncertain terms.

Where did I say that they don't know what they're talking about? Now that you bring it up, Sandy's Bills knowledge is a bit suspect, producer or not. I know his poop boy does play by play for a local team.

My point is that Entercom has an anti-Bills agenda, and their on-air hosts are informed of that in no uncertain terms.

I also think that Buffalo people are easy to depress. If you pay attention you notice all the topics are presented in a way to make you feel like you are being taken advantage of. They never ask "What do you think of this?" They ask "How does it feel to be slapped in the face by etc etc?" There's never a shortage of people who take the bait. What's hilarious is listening to these people describe the indignities they endure. (based on an actual call I heard friday) "I took my kids to the game and bought them both jerseys and like the players didn't even play and my kid is crying where's so and so and Ralph is cheap and my feet stink..." Even Schopp had to cut this tool off.

PTR