Chad Pennington named Fin's starter

"Hanging" Chad Pennington was named starting QB for Miami today, beating out "The Other Chad" Henne, Josh "Ten Team" McKown and John "Missionary Position" Beck. As soon as the Jets landed Farve and dumped Pennington, it was a foregone conclusion that Big Tuna Parcells would reel him in, which he did, faster than Miami changes Head Coaches. My guess is that Beck is gone because A) he is just flat out miserable and B) Parcells loves to put his own stamp on teams and Beck is an awful reminder of last years 1-15 debacle (a sarcastic "Thanks" to the Ravens for handing My Yami their only win of the season). Buffalo has pretty much had Pennington's number and there is no reason to think that trend will come to an end this year. Pennington isn't known for his arm strength and doesn't have much to work with, the possible exception being Ted Ginn Jr. However, Pennington is familiar with the Bills and has experience in playing at The Ralph in Buffalo's notoriously tricky, wicked winters. If Pennington gets injured or flops, another Chad awaits.

However, Pennington is familiar with the Bills and has experience in playing at The Ralph in Buffalo's notoriously tricky, wicked winters.

Perhaps, but I wouldn't generally call them good experiences.

"Hanging" Chad Pennington was named starting QB for Miami today, beating out "The Other Chad" Henne, Josh "Ten Team" McKown and John "Missionary Position" Beck. As soon as the Jets landed Farve and dumped Pennington, it was a foregone conclusion that Big Tuna Parcells would reel him in, which he did, faster than Miami changes Head Coaches. My guess is that Beck is gone because A) he is just flat out miserable and B) Parcells loves to put his own stamp on teams and Beck is an awful reminder of last years 1-15 debacle (a sarcastic "Thanks" to the Ravens for handing My Yami their only win of the season). Buffalo has pretty much had Pennington's number and there is no reason to think that trend will come to an end this year. Pennington isn't known for his arm strength and doesn't have much to work with, the possible exception being Ted Ginn Jr. However, Pennington is familiar with the Bills and has experience in playing at The Ralph in Buffalo's notoriously tricky, wicked winters. If Pennington gets injured or flops, another Chad awaits.

Why the belittlement?

Penny led his team into the playoffs 2 of the 5 years he played for the Jets.

Why the belittlement?

Penny led his team into the playoffs 2 of the 5 years he played for the Jets.

Where was the belittlement? He's not a bad QB by any means, nor did I say so. He and Edwards have some commonalities; questionable (rightly or wrongly) arm strength but certainly poise under pressure, smart player and sound game management. But Pennington is playing for the eternally accursed Dolphins now and thusly and therefore deserves some talketh of the smack as we will be seeing him again, albeit in a different uniform.

"Penny"?

The Bills are playing Miami at home in a dome stadium this year.

Colin Cow"turd from ESPN radio said he is amazing and that Pennington will have the same effect on the Dolphins as Brees had for New Orleans.........this guy actually gets PAID to talk sports...what a joke!

Pennington is a HUGE step up in QB for the Dolphins and while the Bills should beat them twice, Pennington will certainly make the Dolphins more competitive.

When you go from Harrington to Lemon to Beck and McKown, just about any backup QB in league would be a step up for My Yami. The loss of Thomas and Taylor will probably impact them more than the addition of Pennington.

Colin Cow"turd from ESPN radio said he is amazing and that Pennington will have the same effect on the Dolphins as Brees had for New Orleans.........this guy actually gets PAID to talk sports...what a joke!

While Pennington is definitely an upgrade over the previous shlubs, he is no Drew Brees. Loss of Taylor and Thomas will offset addition of Pennington.

Chad Pennington named Fin's starter...

In other news, chicken wings won't help your diet, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, your grandma has had sex a lot just like you, dead cats no longer meow and George W. Bush is the dumbest man to ever be elected President. We now return you to this obvious thread.

Chad Pennington named Fin's starter...

In other news, chicken wings won't help your diet, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, your grandma has had sex a lot just like you, dead cats no longer meow and George W. Bush is the dumbest man to ever be elected President. We now return you to this obvious thread.

......and another hurricane threatens Florida........

Hmm. This prose is vaguely familiar.

ps- When did you get your PHD in fish?

Hmm. This prose is vaguely familiar.

ps- When did you get your PHD in fish?

The Southern Quoka bellows forth his wonderment at the mere mention of the word "prose" on TSW. :thumbsup:

Probably more of a PHDIP, if thou catcheth my drift and I thinkest thou doth. :worthy: