Peyton next game?

bigtreeinn

It's been a while since I have heard any news. Is Peyton going to try to give it a go next sunday night? I heard that we might have been his target return date. Anybody have any info?

I doubt it. They may try & get him some snaps in their last game, if he's ready.

CBS Sportsline

With no apparent timetable on Peyton Manning's return from knee surgery

Coach Tony Dungy said Manning has started lifting weights and throwing.

Rookie tight end Tom Santi, a sixth-round pick had surgery to remove an infected bursa sac in his knee in June and has been on the PUP list since July 24.

Manning had the same surgery as Santi on July 14, and the Colts have been watching Santi's progress to establish a better timetable for Manning's expected return.

Santi started running this week, and Dungy believes he could begin practicing next week. The Colts figure he is two weeks ahead of Manning, but Santi has declined to answer questions about his rehab process.

Looks like the season opener at best for Peyton:

"Manning made it to his first practice of the season Tuesday, then ended his self-imposed silence by saying he wanted to play in Indianapolis' first regular-season game Sept. 7 against Chicago -- although he couldn't provide a guarantee."

ESPN article re: Manning's return

Whole bunch of Colts (including Manning) still on the PUP list, although Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders did return to practice this morning. I thought this week's preview was going to be an easy one -- blah blah blah Pro Bowls, blah blah 41,000 passing yards, etc., etc. -- but instead of working on my stuff for the tab, I'm spending this evening studying up on Jim Sorgi ...