I can't see a 3rd QB on the opening day roster

I think Hamden is pretty safe. Both our QB's were hurt at one time or another last year, and I don't know if we will see a completely healthy season out of Edwards or Losman so you kind of need to have a 3rd QB on the roster. Cutting someone and bringing somebody up from the PS for a few games isn't a great way to go. I think Hamden is pretty safe. Baker is awful, and I can't see any place for him unless it's on the Practice squad.

"Gibran does a great job, especially in preparation during the week," said quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt, who played against Hamdan when both were toiling in NFL Europe. "The biggest thing with Gibran is he needs game experience, and that's what we need to do in the preseason. We need to see a lot of him in the preseason."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...RTS03/808070356

We've seen a decent performance from Hamdan during pre-season and absolutly nothing from Baker, Hamdan was moving the team accross the field, did Baker even get a second first down? Time will tell, but I wouldn't count on the team cutting Hamdan.

"Gibran does a great job, especially in preparation during the week," said quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt, who played against Hamdan when both were toiling in NFL Europe. "The biggest thing with Gibran is he needs game experience, and that's what we need to do in the preseason. We need to see a lot of him in the preseason."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...RTS03/808070356

We've seen a decent performance from Hamdan during pre-season and absolutly nothing from Baker, Hamdan was moving the team accross the field, did Baker even get a second first down? Time will tell, but I wouldn't count on the team cutting Hamdan.

AVP was in NFL Europe and at the same time as Hamden? Really?

Neither of those 2 will be on the team. They'd go with 2 QBs before wasting a roster spot on that trash.

One of Lorenzen, Sorgi, or Quinn Gray will be free agents in a couple weeks- SIGN ONE OF THEM.

I still think they should have signed Gray this spring...

You call Hamdan and baker trash, while giving the option of bringing in Lorenzen or Sorgi????????

Lorenzen is what, tipping the scales at around 250-300lbs, so maybe he comes in as a replacement if Peteres stays out. And Sorgi is so great that when the Colts are facing the option of possibly not starting the season with Peyton because of his surgery, they ran out and signed Gray to start for them until Peyton plays.

You call Hamdan and baker trash, while giving the option of bringing in Lorenzen or Sorgi????????

Lorenzen is what, tipping the scales at around 250-300lbs, so maybe he comes in as a replacement if Peteres stays out. And Sorgi is so great that when the Colts are facing the option of possibly not starting the season with Peyton because of his surgery, they ran out and signed Gray to start for them until Peyton plays.

Sorgi is the starter in Peyton's absence, but don't let that get in the way of a good rant!

Sorgi is the starter in Peyton's absence, but don't let that get in the way of a good rant!

Is he the starter or is it between him and Gray?

It wasn't a rant either, I was questioning him calling Hamdan and Baker trash, and then throwing in guys that may become available like a 250lb "QB" and Peyton Mannings backup (who I would assume would stay his backup if he was good enough to lead the team in Peytons absence) as a better option

Is he the starter or is it between him and Gray?

It wasn't a rant either, I was questioning him calling Hamdan and Baker trash, and then throwing in guys that may become available like a 250lb "QB" and Peyton Mannings backup (who I would assume would stay his backup if he was good enough to lead the team in Peytons absence) as a better option

With Peyton out, it is Sorgi, Gray and the Hefty Lefty in that order. Maybe things will change, but it doesn't look like anybody is going to unseat Sorgi at this point. The Hefty Lefty has made some strong showings, as well as Gray which is probably why Tebucky posted about them. IMHO, if you are down to your 3rd string QB, I don't think it really matters who it is, your season is likely over.

IMHO, if you are down to your 3rd string QB, I don't think it really matters who it is, your season is likely over.

Kurt Warner started pre-season as 3rd qb for the rams, after having spend the spring in NFL Europe (ok ok he took 2nd qb spot in camp then trent went down and we all know the rest of the story).

AVP was in NFL Europe and at the same time as Hamdan? Really?

Aye, he was the QB coach (plus the offensive playcalling) with Frankfurt Galaxy whilst Hamdan was playing for the Amsterdam Admirals. NFL Europe was used to groom front office staff, refs, coaches as well as players. My assumption is that he played a part in the signing of Hamdan (prolly had good tape on him, plus Hamdan ownes about the NFL Europe recordbook).