Props to Langston Walker

kota

For a guy that doesn't get much love around here i think he has played well at the LT position in Peters Absense. He has gone up against the best pass rushers for the Redskins and Steelers these past two weeks and has done better then expected.

DISCLAIMER

1) I am well aware that it is preseason with vanilla defenses but in a 1 on 1 matchup he has outperformed his opponent.

2) I am also aware that he is not better then Jason Peters and should not be moved to LT if Jason Peters shows up.

Thanks

He definitely looked OK, 'cept for that sack down by the goal line that probably would have ended up in a fumble if it was real. That one hurts his overall game, far as I'm concerned.

We need Peters back pretty badly, even with the improved performance of the rest of the guys on the first string last night. Too bad Peters is being a jerk about it. But hey, the CBA allows it, so whatcha gonna do?

I agree that Walker is better than expected and Dockery worse. It is exciting to think that Walker should be pretty impressive as a RT when (not if) we get Peters back, and our line could be pretty impressive across the board. Although was it Fowler or Preston who was bull rushed onto his behind on that JP sack inside our own 20?