Quentin Tarantino

/dev/null

I thought those Grindhouse flicks were stupid but fun. Which is the point.

yeah, I thought thay were pretty good for what they were, homages to B-Rated Grindhouse flicks of the 70's. You had to go into them knowing that you were going to see something that was mostly just violence for violence, and some occasional sex, with lots of mediocre acting, and non believable situations.

I did like Rob Zombies movie preview, Werewolf Woman of the SS with Nicholas Cage. I would love to see that one made!

Interesting fact that I did not know until I saw it a few days ago, the girl in Death proof that played Jungle Julie is Sidney Poitiers Daughter.

yeah, I thought thay were pretty good for what they were, homages to B-Rated Grindhouse flicks of the 70's. You had to go into them knowing that you were going to see something that was mostly just violence for violence, and some occasional sex, with lots of mediocre acting, and non believable situations.

I did like Rob Zombies movie preview, Werewolf Woman of the SS with Nicholas Cage. I would love to see that one made!

Interesting fact that I did not know until I saw it a few days ago, the girl in Death proof that played Jungle Julie is Sidney Poitiers Daughter.

Really, did not know that.

I don't know man, I kind of think he did ONE decent movie and the rest were just kind of.....meh...

I really liked 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Reservoir Dogs'. He wrote the screenplay for 'True Romance', too. Plus there was the great cameo in 'Sleep With Me'. 'From Dusk 'Til Dawn' wasn't horrible, but probably not for everyone. Same with 'Kill Bill 1 & 2'. Not a bad body of work.

I really liked 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Reservoir Dogs'. He wrote the screenplay for 'True Romance', too. Plus there was the great cameo in 'Sleep With Me'. 'From Dusk 'Til Dawn' wasn't horrible, but probably not for everyone. Same with 'Kill Bill 1 & 2'. Not a bad body of work.

Resevoir Dogs was his best work. Pulp Fiction a close second

I enjoyed From Dusk Til Dawn and Kill Bill I&II.

The rest of his films weren't that great. Especially after he became a big time producer/writer/director, his films haven't lived up to his hype

Resevoir Dogs was his best work. Pulp Fiction a close second

I enjoyed From Dusk Til Dawn and Kill Bill I&II.

The rest of his films weren't that great. Especially after he became a big time producer/writer/director, his films haven't lived up to his hype

Over hyped? Perhaps. I tend to think QT is extremely talented. His hit/miss ratio IMO is very, very high......but he must be one of the laziest directors in the business. 6 movies in 15 years and 2 of those were one movie(KB I&II). He hasn't even written or scripted a movie(that he didn't direct) since 1996.

QT directed movies

1992 Reservoir Dogs

1994 Pulp Fiction

1997 Jackie Brown

2003/4 Kill Bill(1&2)

2007 Grindhouse(Deathproof)

Over hyped? Perhaps. I tend to think QT is extremely talented. His hit/miss ratio IMO is very, very high......but he must be one of the laziest directors in the business. 6 movies in 15 years and 2 of those were one movie(KB I&II). He hasn't even written or scripted a movie(that he didn't direct) since 1996.

QT directed movies

1992 Reservoir Dogs

1994 Pulp Fiction

1997 Jackie Brown

2003/4 Kill Bill(1&2)

Only one on that list I didn't like is Jackie Brown. Like others have said, I know what to expect when I see a QT movie, and I like that kind of thing.

QT directed movies

1992 Reservoir Dogs

1994 Pulp Fiction

1997 Jackie Brown

2003/4 Kill Bill(1&2)

Let's not forget that he also had a hand in directing Sin City and writing Natural Born Killers and True Romance. His work of late IMO is not on par with his early 90's work but his movies have always been fun to watch. QT is one of my favorite directors due to his over the top realism. The guy's not Spielberg or Marty Scorsese but that's what most of his fans like about him. His movies always seem to have more to the story and he's good at leaving intriguing plot points up to the imagination. Over the top as his movies seem to be, there is always an element of "cool".

QT directed movies

1992 Reservoir Dogs

1994 Pulp Fiction

1997 Jackie Brown

2003/4 Kill Bill(1&2)

What that list doesn't show is the huge volume of scripts he's doctored, ghost written or polished for production. He is one of the most widely used (and highest paid) finishers in the business. And for good cause. The man is a brilliant writer. His films that he directs are his passion projects, but the amount of work he does in the main stream (without credit) is pretty impressive.

Two lesser known examples: Crimson Tide (horrible before he re-did the dialogue), It's Pat (yes, THAT It's Pat),

Looks like Mike Myers will be one of Tarantino's 'Bastards'.

As you know, Myers has been somewhat on a downward spiral with his films, so perhaps this film might resurrect his career. Myers now join Pitt, Eli Roth, and B.J. Novak in what looks to be a pretty darn good film.

Let's not forget that he also had a hand in directing Sin City and writing Natural Born Killers and True Romance. His work of late IMO is not on par with his early 90's work but his movies have always been fun to watch. QT is one of my favorite directors due to his over the top realism. The guy's not Spielberg or Marty Scorsese but that's what most of his fans like about him. His movies always seem to have more to the story and he's good at leaving intriguing plot points up to the imagination. Over the top as his movies seem to be, there is always an element of "cool".

Don't get me wrong here......I'm a huge QT fan......I just think he is very lazy.

NBK & TR were made in 1993/94 and his help on Sin City was only a guest direction for one scene. I believe Rodriguez wanted him to do it to show him how versatile filming digital is.

What that list doesn't show is the huge volume of scripts he's doctored, ghost written or polished for production. He is one of the most widely used (and highest paid) finishers in the business. And for good cause. The man is a brilliant writer. His films that he directs are his passion projects, but the amount of work he does in the main stream (without credit) is pretty impressive.

Two lesser known examples: Crimson Tide (horrible before he re-did the dialogue), It's Pat (yes, THAT It's Pat),

I didn't know this(and am not overly surprised as I believe he is a master writer, especially of dialog). The end result though is that he has pretty much become a ghost writer who very occasionally directs or writes his own projects. I'd just love him to do more QT stuff rather than fixing others work.