Nancy the 'Outsider'

I'm not sure if anyone has heard this interview, but this is hilarious! Nancy Pelosi was on Larry King trying to sell another 10 copies of her book amd had this exchange with him:

KING: You're certain of an Obama election?

PELOSI: I'm never certain of anything. Today, I would be certain. I just think that it is the opportunity for our country to move away from Washington.

You know, I'm the Speaker of the House. I'm an outsider in Washington, D.C. .

Business as usual in Washington is not in the people's interests. It there's for the special interests.

KING: You would be the ultimate insider, wouldn't you?

PELOSI: Well, I -- you would think. But I...

KING: The speaker of the House isn't an insider?

PELOSI: Well, they didn't want me to be Speaker of the House.

KING: But you are.

PELOSI: I had to fight these special interests. And now to make the change, we have to have a Democratic president. And Barack Obama has done more than anyone in terms of passing the toughest ethical bill -- ethics bill in Congress, to shed the bright light on transparency on the link between special interests and legislation in Washington.

He will do more to take our country in a new direction because he will change the way business is done in Washington, D.C. .

This is comedy at its finest...

Here's the link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0808/11/lkl.01.html

KING: You're certain of an Obama election?

PELOSI: I'm never certain of anything. Today, I would be certain. I just think that it is the opportunity for our country to move away from Washington.

You know, I'm the Speaker of the House. I'm an outsider in Washington, D.C. .

Business as usual in Washington is not in the people's interests. It there's for the special interests.

KING: You would be the ultimate insider, wouldn't you?

Larry King gives the ultimate softball, fluff interviews. You know you've said something extremely ridiculous when even he calls you on it.

Everyone in congress are Washington Outsiders. :)

Tee hee.

Some days I wonder why I even bother. Seriously. They DEMAND power so they can control the inside game(for once, as if they haven't done it for 30 years as individual Members of Congress), and then, once they get "it", they do absolutely nothing with it, and proceed to garner themselves the lowest approval rating since the poll has been in operation. Even "better" they proceed to find a way to put together the worst approval rating for 18 straight months? How can you get 400+ people to suck that bad all at the same time? That takes real stupidity, on an unprecedented level.

This is the the WORST CONGRESS in our history. Make no mistake. Anybody that doesn't take a long hard look at who they are voting into the House or Senate this time.... I don't care what party,(of course, what does it matter here in retard town? and yeah, I been here long enough to say it) and remember that these are the people that are going to require Buffallo to continue to suck business-wise, in trade for more failed programs. Well, I suggest that they take a good long look in the mirror.

They problem with this city is the guy/girl you see in front of you in that mirror, not anybody else.

Tee hee.

Some days I wonder why I even bother. Seriously. They DEMAND power so they can control the inside game(for once, as if they haven't done it for 30 years as individual Members of Congress), and then, once they get "it", they do absolutely nothing with it, and proceed to garner themselves the lowest approval rating since the poll has been in operation. Even "better" they proceed to find a way to put together the worst approval rating for 18 straight months? How can you get 400+ people to suck that bad all at the same time? That takes real stupidity, on an unprecedented level.

This is the the WORST CONGRESS in our history. Make no mistake. Anybody that doesn't take a long hard look at who they are voting into the House or Senate this time.... I don't care what party,(of course, what does it matter here in retard town? and yeah, I been here long enough to say it) and remember that these are the people that are going to require Buffallo to continue to suck business-wise, in trade for more failed programs. Well, I suggest that they take a good long look in the mirror.

They problem with this city is the guy/girl you see in front of you in that mirror, not anybody else.

You forgot about the constant veto threat the President sends out... asking for constant changes in the bills presented. Kind of hard to make change when you have that big hurdle to get over.

You forgot about the constant veto threat the President sends out... asking for constant changes in the bills presented. Kind of hard to make change when you have that big hurdle to get over.

Like I said, this is all invented by Haliburton and Dick Cheney. :devil:

Do yourself a favor, read up on Andrew Jackson(or the Constitution....seriously...it should take you about 2 months if you have a regular job but you want to do it properly), and then come back and tell me what's what.

Done yet? Again, I don't need to hear excuses from the people who told us the country was going to go to hell if they didn't get elected, and then proceeded to ensure that the country went precisely to hell far and away worse than it was in 2005.

Why do I bother, because I want to make sure as many people know their history as possible. If you don't know the significance that the veto has played in the history of this country I have 2 quesitons:

1. Who the F was you Regents History teacher?, and if s/he wasn't a tard

2. Why weren't you paying attention?

Go back and read something, anything...how about the history of every Presidential veto that has ever happened.

Seriously, you sound like the 5 year old girl who dares to play cute, lie, and say she didn't eat the last cookie. Is this "Change we can believe in"? Making lame excuses when your team ran around "swearing to God" they were gonna get things done?

To quote Band of Brothers kinda: "You're not bad because you make bad decisions, you're bad because you make no decisions"

I am done with LT Dyke(Pelosi), just a coincidence, and her inability to lead anything. Seriously, when your leadership skill set includes having to kick reporters out of the room, or turn off the lights, how seriously do you expect me to take you? :)

I don't follow your reasoning. If the legislation the dems want really is for what's best for the country and what the citizens want, shouldn't they pass the legislation and find out whether Bush will really veto it? If they are right, shouldn't they fight the battle and let the public create an outcry for the veto to be overridden if the legislation is in fact vetoed?

It's very hard to make changes when you decide to not even try. Either the dems know their ideas are bad and think they will fare better in the next election by crying about the mean President preventing them from enacting their ideas rather than letting people see the results of their ideas being enacted, or they have absolutely no stones. (I guess it could be a combination of the 2.) Either way, it isn't very impressive "leadership". Not that I'm complaining about them not doing much, the less Congress does (regardless of party in control of it) the less damage it does.

Do yourself a favor, read up on Andrew Jackson(or the Constitution....seriously...it should take you about 2 months if you have a regular job but you want to do it properly), and then come back and tell me what's what.

Done yet? Again, I don't need to hear excuses from the people who told us the country was going to go to hell if they didn't get elected, and then proceeded to ensure that the country went precisely to hell far and away worse than it was in 2005.

Why do I bother, because I want to make sure as many people know their history as possible. If you don't know the significance that the veto has played in the history of this country I have 2 quesitons:

1. Who the F was you Regents History teacher?, and if s/he wasn't a tard

2. Why weren't you paying attention?

Go back and read something, anything...how about the history of every Presidential veto that has ever happened.

That's a good suggestion. While he's reading that may I suggest some research for yourself? You should learn about cloture votes, fillibusters, holds, motions to recommit, and other fundamentals of how a bill is passed.

That's a good suggestion. While he's reading that may I suggest some research for yourself? You should learn about cloture votes, fillibusters, holds, motions to recommit, and other fundamentals of how a bill is passed.

And since I know about all of those things cold = I didn't even take that class, I just took the test(5 times, 5 times 100%, in addition to the necessary blather responses to the essays, I wrote a 17 page paper on the concept of why the question they asked on one of the essays was wholly absurd, and I did it because my a-hole principal was trying to justify the existence of my high school's sorry-ass history department. Edit: Oh yeah, and I was in advanced history at the hardest school to get into in the world, that views history as the most important subject they teach-->you wanna keep talking, pal?), do you mind explaining how the people who supposedly are "experts", as in three years of law school, didn't know about them before they got into office?

You have missed the point. Blatantly. The premise they got themselves elected on:

We will fix stuff, we will do stuff, you can't afford not to put us into office because WE WILL LEAD.

They have done exactly none of that, and they dare to blame "the system". LAME ASS BS

Spare me the excuses, you are simply serving to amplify my point every time you try to pretend that somehow they "didn't know" about the very principles and governmental constructs you laid out. IF they honestly didn't know, then what does that say?

It's a simple logic trap, and you have blundered into it. Either:

1. You don't know the job,

2. You do know the job and you aren't doing it.

Take your pick, both = you suck at your job. Edit: Go check the RCP polls if you want to see whether most people agree with me.

As I inquired in another post...Are you aware that Congress can override a Presidential veto?