Watching NFL Network

I would sure love to get a hit on the pipe that the officials are taking passing when New England is playing. 2:45 to go, 3rd and 7 from their own 40, Brady rolls out and hits Bethel Johnson for a 48 yard gain. On the play, # 72 absolutely tackles Grant Wistrom as he's about to break free to disrupt Brady. Probably the most blatant holding call I've seen all season, and I get to watch our offensive line every week.

The level of officiating in this league is consistantly horrible. Worse than that, it seems to benefit the better teams when the game is on the line. I harken back to the phantom call on CV in week one and the abysmal call on Campbell this week.

Have I mentioned that the Patriots didn't have ONE holding penalty in the game against us, despite the fact that we consistantly blitzed on passing downs? NOT ONE.

PISSED!

Have I mentioned that the Patriots didn't have ONE holding penalty in the game against us, despite the fact that we consistantly blitzed on passing downs?  NOT ONE.

76991[/snapback]

Thats the key to your statement right their, no Offensive line is fundamentally sound enough to not hold when you blitz that often. We probably blitzed 80% of the time in that game yet not one call? BS plain and simple. The Pats are a great team but its been pretty obvious over the past few years that Bob Kraft and the commish are in bed together.

you forgot the one phantom call on the clements punt return in oakland. the refs have been redonkulously horrible. the best game was the felons game and it was not great.

77023[/snapback]

what about the personal foul on fletcher during the pats game???

Spikes? Do you mean Bledsoe?

77126[/snapback]

No, he means when the offensive lineman of Oakland tackled Spikes in the endzone, and they marked the ball at the 1 instead of giving Buffalo a safety.

CW

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Thats why I want the Red Sox to lose tonight, because the Patriots have gotten calls their way for all the Boston teams combined. You ever noticed the Pats never get a holding call. Does anyone know how many holding calls they've had called against them this year ?

I would sure love to get a hit on the pipe that the officials are taking passing when New England is playing.  2:45 to go, 3rd and 7 from their own 40, Brady rolls out and hits Bethel Johnson for a 48 yard gain.  On the play, # 72 absolutely tackles Grant Wistrom as he's about to break free to disrupt Brady.  Probably the most blatant holding call I've seen all season, and I get to watch our offensive line every week.

The level of officiating in this league is consistantly horrible.  Worse than that, it seems to benefit the better teams when the game is on the line.  I harken back to the phantom call on CV in week one and the abysmal call on Campbell this week.

Have I mentioned that the Patriots didn't have ONE holding penalty in the game against us, despite the fact that we consistantly blitzed on passing downs?  NOT ONE.

PISSED!

76991[/snapback]

I'm glad you mentioned another NFL game other than the Bills. We obviously focus on Buffalo but I've watched plenty of games this year and there's been horrible calls in many of them. My beef w/ the officiating is that they seem to call penalties when they "think" they see an infraction....often times the Linesman throwing the flag is well away from the play or on the wrong side of the infraction (so he can't possibly see it clearly). These idiots need to keep the flags in their pockets unless they are 100% sure a penalty has occured.

I think the problem with the refs is that they anticipate what's going to happen - the perfect example of that is blowing the whistle way too soon.

I would love to see a post game press conference with the refs so they can explain what they were looking at - never gonna happen though - the NFL will never admit the refs are incompetent.