We Are 1 More Solid Performance From..............

H2o

Whether any of you like it or not, JP played better than Edwards. He made his reads quicker and looked sharper running the offense. If he out-plays Edwards in game 2 can you imagine the scene in the locker room? Losman surely has a stronger arm. If he starts showing the ability to read the defense better than last year, make the right decision, and put the ball in the WR's hands then all we can do is give the guy the ball. He has to show he can consistently throw the shorter routes with accuracy and not short hop balls to WR's because he's under a little heat. If we get the JP of '06 with Hardy and Lynch now added as weapons, Losman just might throw for almost 4,000 yards. It's still too early to tell. But right now, it's Losman 1 and Edwards 0.

Whether any of you like it or not, JP played better than Edwards. He made his reads quicker and looked sharper running the offense. If he out-plays Edwards in game 2 can you imagine the scene in the locker room? Losman surely has a stronger arm. If he starts showing the ability to read the defense better than last year, make the right decision, and put the ball in the WR's hands then all we can do is give the guy the ball. He has to show he can consistently throw the shorter routes with accuracy and not short hop balls to WR's because he's under a little heat. If we get the JP of '06 with Hardy and Lynch now added as weapons, Losman just might throw for almost 4,000 yards. It's still too early to tell. But right now, it's Losman 1 and Edwards 0.

Nice post JP :thumbsup:

Look, you can't keep on jockeying QBs in and out every six games and expect to appear competent.

These guys have made their bed and now they must lie in it. What they need to do is pick one and back him. If he fails, then they go down with the ship. They've done that with Edwards. So now Jauron either posts a winning season and proves that he's a competent head coach and overseer of defensive and offensive coordinators or packs up his sh!~ and leaves town at the end of the season.

I mean who wants to watch more of this crap if we keep losing. Let's see what happens here, but they're not going to change their minds and if they do don't expect Losman to lead ust to the playoffs either. He may be better, but he still has his issues. Most of his shorter passes were very high if you didn't notice.

The problem is still the lines. Brandon is playing chicken with Peters but doesn't know that Peters jumped out of his car a while ago and is on the hill watching from the sidelines as Brandon looks more the horses a$$ with every passing day now. Otherwise we have Dockery and that's about it in terms of line talent that makes the kind of difference that puts teams in the playoffs.

Defensively, we have Stroud. Schobel isn't what he used to be, Kelsay is mediocre, and I didn't see anything from anyone else last night that screamed "great pick up" from the front-7. After that we have players trying to remain starters rather than backups.

I hope that McKelvin is as good at CB as he is at KR.

Look, you can't keep on jockeying QBs in and out every six games and expect to appear competent.

These guys have made their bed and now they must lie in it. What they need to do is pick one and back him.

This is the first thing you've posted that I agree with.

There are games when Phillip Rivers looks better than Eli Manning, and there are games when Eli Manning looks better than Phillip Rivers. The problem with this is that it's very possible that the next game JP will look better than Trent again when JP might not actually be the better quarterback overall. We have to stick with a QB for a reasonable amount of time before we jump to conclusions, but I would like the stats for how JP does when he comes in for someone else during a game. KC, NYJ, I think he's 2-0 not sure.

The teams with one establish QB had to work to get to that point. Their QB didn't always look good. Every quarterback has their really terrible games, and then games where they play really well. The question is which QB will perform better overall than the other, and at this point the coaching regime is going with Trent. I just hope he can start all 16 games.

If J.P. DOESN'T look like a good QB against other teams' 2nd and 3rd stringers then I'd be very, very worried.

He was actually playing against a good chunk of the Skins' starting D unit last night for a while. They didn't pull all of their starters as quickly as we did.

Then again, they didn't prove competence like we did last year either.

He was actually playing against a good chunk of the Skins' starting D unit last night for a while. They didn't pull all of their starters as quickly as we did.

Then again, they didn't prove competence like we did last year either.

No he wasn't. What game were you watching? He maybe played his first series against them, but more than half of his time, quite a bit more than half actually, was not against their 1st string. His TD drive most certainly wasn't.

No he wasn't. What game were you watching? He maybe played his first series against them, but more than half of his time, quite a bit more than half actually, was not against their 1st string. His TD drive most certainly wasn't.

Probably right although I did see at least some starters in there through the first half. Could have been more offense that I'm remembering. It's not as if I was glued to the set after being disgusted by the performance of our first teams.

Besides, as stated, you can formally pen me in as being on the record that I also don't think that Losman is a long-term solution at QB. He'd be better than Edwards, but only because Edwards won't get it done.

Did you notice how the defensive front seven of the Skins showed us no respect deep yesterday though? Their front four did a good enough job by themselves but they got help anyway and rendered our OL play entirely ineffective.

Last year Edwards looked sharper against the seconbd string. He didn't get the nod at the beginning. Lossman looked like a lost little boy in the pocket last year. He will not be startig this year, unless there is an injury.

Last year Edwards looked sharper against the seconbd string. He didn't get the nod at the beginning. Lossman looked like a lost little boy in the pocket last year. He will not be startig this year, unless there is an injury.

If Edwards can't put up points I would think that they would make a change by midseason.

We won't have to be worrying about this...........