Anyone going to pick up Madden 09 at Midnight?

Wow six hours spent playing already; great game, announcers are money. The very best looking madden to date; playcalling is good, not great. I have the PS3 version. We hold our own; Hardy is FAST, Lynch is now a true "trucking" powerback. McKelvin gets KO's to the 35+ every time & Donte is a ball hawk. If you play in the rain, the mud and grass stains on jersey's is too real. If you are a Madden fan, this is a "Must Buy"

Graphics 10/10

Gameplay 8/10

Presentation 9/10

Overall 9/10

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My IQ is 462, passing 10, rushing 7, pass D 10, and run D 8. I'm in week 7 now after taking the skill test when I first got the game at midnight. I'm a franchise man myself..... but yeah, it (online play, etc.) has affected gameplay for sure. :wallbash:

You must just not know how to run or something. I played my first game today at All-Pro and rushed for 154. Running's not bad at all. I mean you need to follow your blockers, it's not like techmo bowl where you could run backwards 30 yards and then change direction and have the rest of the team sprinting to catch you as you score a 90 yard td.

My IQ is 462, passing 10, rushing 7, pass D 10, and run D 8. I'm in week 7 now after taking the skill test when I first got the game at midnight. I'm a franchise man myself..... but yeah, it (online play, etc.) has affected gameplay for sure. :wallbash:

Running's changed, you need to be much more realistic. Need to wait for a hole to open up, follow where the play is supposed to go, and wait to Spring until blocking is setup.

If you play in the rain, the mud and grass stains on jersey's is too real. If you are a Madden fan, this is a "Must Buy"

Damn. PC version had that 5 years ago. Console gaming really does suck. Dumbed fuggin down for mass distribution. Thats business I guess. sigh

Played the Dolphins and had a breakout rushing game: 21 carries 198 yards and 4 TD's......They couldn't stop my outside runs to the right, and had decent success up the middle. We'll see if it's me or the Dolphins later tonight...... <_<

Played the Dolphins and had a breakout rushing game: 21 carries 198 yards and 4 TD's......They couldn't stop my outside runs to the right, and had decent success up the middle. We'll see if it's me or the Dolphins later tonight...... <_<

How'd you figure it out? Did you do anything differently? My running game is dreadful for the most part...

I haven't played another game yet so like I said, I PLAYED THE DOLPHINS. I tried extra hard to not hit any speed burst, juke, spin, truck etc. buttons until I got to the line of scrimmage but we shall see if I figured it out or you can run all day on the Dolphins to the right. I'd say at least 150 of my yards came from runs to the right. I'll post again after I play more tonight or tommorrow.

If you are having a hard time running try and avoid single back, stay in the I formation and use counters. Single back runs to the outside are generally dreadful, so if you're running in that set stick to the HB Slam and the HB Dive.

in general that makes sense. Offenses that run out of a single back are able to do so, because they have a great line in front of them, and a passing attack that can utilize the extra TE/WR.