Still trying to get my WR corp upgraded

Buftex

So, I have been unsucessful at upgrading my WR's via trade (everyone wants too much), so I am working the waiver wire. Much to my surprise, Donald Driver is available (somebody dropped him after week 5, for Droughns). I am going to put a waiver claim on him. I am tied for first in my 10 team leauge, but get the 9th priority in the waiver wire, as the other guy has more overall points. So, my question, here is my receiving core as it stands right now, who do I get rid of to make room for Driver:

Marvin Harrison, Jerry Porter, Peerless Price, and Lee Evans. I am leaning toward Price, but both he and Porter have been pretty dreadful thus far. Evans is just anticipating increased production as the season goes on.

My second question, if I do get Driver, should I waiver the other guy (Price or Porter) in place of Michael Clayton of the Bucs?

Or, if you like, rank these 4 WR's:

Jerry Porter

Peerless Price

Donald Driver

Micael Clayton

Thanks! :lol:

drop price first. pick up clayton with porter if you get driver. clayton has looked damn good and is super talented. needs to find the endzone more often to really shoot up his value but his yardage is good and he's getting the chances and that's the important thing. he had 8 catches last night but was thrown the ball almost a dozen times.

Are you in a keeper league or re-draft?

Driver seems to have rekindled his connection w/Favre. The Packs D is horrible, so they need to put up a mass of points to win. Plus Ferguson and Walker are hurt, so Favre may lean on driver even more. I expect when Walker is fully recovered, Driver will lose some of his production. Use him while his hot and he should make at least a decent 3rd Wr for the rest of the season.

Clayton has become the #1WR in Tampa. Griese is playing well and Jurevicius is returning, which will pull some coverage off of Clayton. Clayton should be a good 2nd WR short term for you, however be wary if Gruden decides to hand the offense back over to Simms (see Carson Palmer/Chad Johnson in Cincy)

I would consider both upgrades over Price and Porter at this point. Crumpler is Vick's first option. Price will be a roller coaster ride. He'll have a few big games followed by a couple 30yd games. As for Porter, Collins sucks so bad right now that he's affecting the tides in the Bay Area. I expect the Raiders O to eventually improve (they can't get any worse) and Porter along with it. No idea when this will happen, but you may wan to consider hanging on to Porter for a while, especially if it's a keeper league. I'd hang on to Evans if it's a keeper league. I expect Lee to post nice #'s for a rookie, but he'll be up and down, much like Price.

Are you in a keeper league or re-draft?

Driver seems to have rekindled his connection w/Favre. The Packs D is horrible, so they need to put up a mass of points to win. Plus Ferguson and Walker are hurt, so Favre may lean on driver even more. I expect when Walker is fully recovered, Driver will lose some of his production. Use him while his hot and he should make at least a decent 3rd Wr for the rest of the season.

Clayton has become the #1WR in Tampa. Griese is playing well and Jurevicius is returning, which will pull some coverage off of Clayton. Clayton should be a good 2nd WR short term for you, however be wary if Gruden decides to hand the offense back over to Simms (see Carson Palmer/Chad Johnson in Cincy)

I would consider both upgrades over Price and Porter at this point. Crumpler is Vick's first option. Price will be a roller coaster ride. He'll have a few big games followed by a couple 30yd games. As for Porter, Collins sucks so bad right now that he's affecting the tides in the Bay Area. I expect the Raiders O to eventually improve (they can't get any worse) and Porter along with it. No idea when this will happen, but you may wan to consider hanging on to Porter for a while, especially if it's a keeper league. I'd hang on to Evans if it's a keeper league. I expect Lee to post nice #'s for a rookie, but he'll be up and down, much like Price.

79282[/snapback]

You make some great points, unfortunately it is not a keeper leauge. I really think Porter could break out, but I am getting pretty much zero production out of him at this point. Price has been dreadful. 30 yards a game would be great for him this year. He would definitely go first. Even the rare occaision that Vick puts up some passing yards, it has rarely been Price on the recieving end. I keep thinking that Collins will wake up. I have him as a back-up QB (behind Favre, along with Bledsoe), and have had him as a back-up in the past, and he has always been fairly productive. I am giving him two more games to turn it around, if he doesn't, I am dropping him, and picking up either Rattay, Ramsey or Drew Breese (whichever is still available). If Collins turns it around, Porter will benefit. As always, thanks for the input!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.