What if Trent completely chokes the first couple games?

marioc

Your irrational hatred of JP Losman manifests itself yet again. I guess 5 years isn't enough to realize that Trent's a losing QB? Stanford was 10-20 in games Trent Edwards started. TE looked like a deer in the headlights last night. 1-for-5 is not the kind of performance that'll avoid a QB controversy. Nor is the sure-pickoff he threw right into Shawn Springs outstretched arms in the end zone - just lucky for Edwards that Springs can't catch.

Stop it Mr. Elected Official. Please read the post again and think about who I was responding to, and in what context. I mean really. :thumbsup:

Last night means nothing to me. Absolutely nothing. Did we suffer major injuries? No? That is the beginning and end of what this game meant. I think that any rational fan, sans a weird agenda for a particular not so great player, would recognize this as fact.

The qb controversy is with us. It would have been even if Trent lit up the field. People have chosen sides, and will continue to do so. What we need is for Trent to play well enough to win the fans over. We don't want him to establish a history of losing; something that Losman has virtually etched in stone.

PS: You are correct. Not all of the above was his fault. :thumbsup:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop it Mr. Elected Official. Please read the post again and think about who I was responding to, and in what context. I mean really. :thumbsup:

Last night means nothing to me. Absolutely nothing. Did we suffer major injuries? No? That is the beginning and end of what this game meant. I think that any rational fan, sans a weird agenda for a particular not so great player, would recognize this as fact.

The qb controversy is with us. It would have been even if Trent lit up the field. People have chosen sides, and will continue to do so. What we need is for Trent to play well enough to win the fans over. We don't want him to establish a history of losing; something that Losman has virtually etched in stone.

PS: You are correct. Not all of the above was his fault. :thumbsup:

Absolutely true. How long will we have to wait?

Your irrational hatred of JP Losman manifests itself yet again. I guess 5 years isn't enough to realize that Trent's a losing QB? Stanford was 10-20 in games Trent Edwards started. TE looked like a deer in the headlights last night. 1-for-5 is not the kind of performance that'll avoid a QB controversy. Nor is the sure-pickoff he threw right into Shawn Springs outstretched arms in the end zone - just lucky for Edwards that Springs can't catch.

Good thing I missed the first quarter.

That no matter what people around here say, I KNOW Trent is not the answer. Never will be.

But hey, that's just my opinion and an unpopular one. He has a weak arm. He's Chad Penningon, only taller.

How much time do you want to give Losman to lose football games? Seriously Joe, should you and I be dead and buried before we are convinced that he loses football games on a long term, consistent basis?

OK, cool. I guess you saw a need to be a douche.

Don't stop taking your meds; I wish you well.

I'm still on them, :thumbsup:

Look, nothing personal, I just think that people around here automatically assume that people who doubt TE's ability are automatically JP-backers. I personally wanted the Bills to take another approach at QB this offseason, but obviously that didn't happen. Now they're stuck with a weak-armed rookie and a guy who's damaged goods. Pardon me for being a doubter.

I'm still on them, :thumbsup:

Look, nothing personal, I just think that people around here automatically assume that people who doubt TE's ability are automatically JP-backers. I personally wanted the Bills to take another approach at QB this offseason, but obviously that didn't happen. Now they're stuck with a weak-armed rookie and a guy who's damaged goods. Pardon me for being a doubter.

That is a fair response. Still, he is a kid, and Peters is out. And, it was his first time out. And, his secondary wr needs to learn the game too. And, (as you noted), the other choice isn't good.

Joe....try to make it to the raider game.

Sorry for the barb. :wallbash: You know how I fell about you. You are a great Bills Fan and a war hero who served our country. Come up on 09/21, and bring you brother again. Don't bring beer, no need. :thumbsup:

JP is the answer, big fast kid with a strong arm who's played for a bunch of idiotic coaches. Trent Edwards does not have an NFL arm. He was pitiful in the jets game last year. but as I've always said, football games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage, and if the D line keeps playing like a bunch of girls, it's going to be a long season

Boller has been jerked around but not near as much as JP. He played under the SAME coaching staff his entire career until this year, that should make a huge difference in a QB's development. I think JP would have had the chance to develop had he been drafted by the Ravens with this same coaches & system to develop in for 4 years.I don't think Boler was a 1st round pick either. Harrington had 4 years in Detroit to prove himself. He was not jerked around like JP. Leftwitch fell out of favor but was never jerked around in JVille.

Yes he was.

Are people really drawing conclusions on TE from 5 pass attempts in less than a quarter of football?