Noise levels at Stadiums

I've only been to one NFL game sadly (Miami Dolphins vs Giants in London for 90k crowd); this was absolutly quiet compared to the noise of NFL Europe games. Strange thing is that the commentators on TV (i taped it as well) said that the crowd was so loud.

Especially the Amsterdam Admirals and Frankfurt Galaxy were absolutly ear bleeding loud with Rhein Fire being loud as well but not to the extend that you HAD to wear earplugs. NFL Europe + no ear plugs = 3 days of impaired hearing with guaranteed headache after the game lol (or rather was :cry: ). The noise level by the Amsterdam Admirals was once measured after formal complaints of the Barcelona Dragon coaches (qbs couldnt hear the coaches through the headsets) and 137 decibel was measured on the field lol. Stadiumspeaker could only be heared during offense when you could hear a pin drop lol.

Anyway from what I've seen only the Seahawks seem to come close to NFL Europe noise levels. Happy to hear the Bills stadium is loud as well, because as we used to say in NFL Europe: Proud to be loud!

Then again thats what you get when you have 15k people blowing airhorns (Amsterdam Admirals) in a dome, or 35k blowing whistles in Frankfurt and 25k in Rhein doing a mix of our airhorns, the Galaxy whistles and just shouting/yelling.

In NFL Europe it was common tactic by the fans to support defense by being as loud as possible in order to force timeouts/make audibles impossible/disrupt coach -> qb coms.

Here's a vid of the Amsterdam Admirals fans:

Here's a vid of the Frankfurt Galaxy fans:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shoe at The Ohio State - bar none. Having 100K+ doesn't hurt either.

I've been to the Shoe for a Ohio St vs Michigan game, and I'd say that a louder game was in Beaver Stadium and it was Penn State vs Ohio St 2 years ago for the 'College Gameday' night game. It set the all time record for attendance at PSU, that won't be broken due to new seating laws, unless they build more seats again. I don't think that I'll ever be in a louder place for a game/event than that night!

yeah, that was ridiculous!

Hard to compare, I have been to quite a few big time college games, the Swamp in FL was probably the loudest...But the Ralph during the Super Bowl years was intense!!! About 7K more people than today, and EVERY SINGLE PLAY for the opponent's offense was deafening...And if you consider Miami games, playoff games, or ANY 3rd down, I can't imagine anything being much louder than that...

Ditto all this. The Swamp is awesome. Also been to Tampa's old 'Horseshoe' and Joe Robbie -or whatever it's now called. They think they're loud but there's no comparison to our Super Bowl years!

Crossing spectrums, I remember feeling my whole body vibrate because of the noise at the old Aud...Especially in 1993, game 3 vs the Bruins (the game before the May Day game) my ears were on fire...And when Campbell DESTROYED Umberger in '06, that was by far the loudest I have ever heard the HSBC Arena.

Drury's late goal to force OT in the playoffs vs the Rangers still sends chills thinking about it.