NIce write-up in SI

I'm an optimist and hope that the "new" offense will actually be our offense this year and we don't revert to the old Jauron offenses that we've seen from any of his previously coached teams.

I remember hearing all these things last year on what the offense would be and about Fairchild in training camp and never saw it once in 2007.

So I'll reserve judgement till I actually see these things occuring on the football field.

I hear you...I was about to post the same thing...but I hesitate to say, I am really excited about Schonert.

He is the first OC we have had in years that seems to have a pulse. I remember last season, when Fairchild was in his lame-duck mode (last three games of the season or so) there were lots of whispers and rumblings that the players really liked Schonert. It seems like he communicated a lot more with his players, and, when you hear him talk, he just sounds like he is really excited about this chance to be calling the shots. I know, way back, Lee Evans was in favor of it.

This is one of those cases, where I am glad to see a "re-tread" like Schonert get a shot. He has served under some of the best offensive minds in the game over the last 25-30 years, as a backup QB, and QB coach. I like the fact that he has an agressive attitude.

If the Bills come out, and run, basically, the same offense as they did last year, with what is essentioally the same personnel, I will likely be joining the ranks of those who are getting tired of Jauron. I have always liked DJ, but somebody needed to light a fire under that offense last year, and Fairchild certainly wasn't doing it. I hope DJ lets his OC coach, and call plays...what they did last year was only the 30th best offense in the leauge. I know the Bills don't necessarily have the best offensive talent, but I can't help but feel that what they have, with all their problems, is that ineffective. They have some play makers (Lynch, Evans and Parrish), they have to utililize them, so they can make plays.