Wilson to meet with Schumer and Goodell

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8745219

Im interested to hear what it was about this time. I really feel like if there is so much talk and action being taken by goodell and the state that our bills really arent going to go anywhere. We are a good 4 years away from anything even being possible and the representatives from the state and the commish are meeting with ralph. They have meet a few times in the past too, for what I can assume is the same issue (the bills future in buffalo). I like hearing this.. :lol:

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8745219

Im interested to hear what it was about this time. I really feel like if there is so much talk and action being taken by goodell and the state that our bills really arent going to go anywhere. We are a good 4 years away from anything even being possible and the representatives from the state and the commish are meeting with ralph. They have meet a few times in the past too, for what I can assume is the same issue (the bills future in buffalo). I like hearing this.. :lol:

As much as we should all hope that it's a meeting aimed at keeping the Bills in Buffalo there are no guarantees about anything.

Bottom line is that this is Ralph's team, what happens with this team before or after Ralph dies is going to be up to him and his lawyers.

As a Bills fan I want this team to stay under any circumstance but as an ideological libertarian I believe that the federal government has no place in offering an opinion or instructions to any franchise on where it chooses to make its home.

As much as we should all hope that it's a meeting aimed at keeping the Bills in Buffalo there are no guarantees about anything.

Bottom line is that this is Ralph's team, what happens with this team before or after Ralph dies is going to be up to him and his lawyers.

As a Bills fan I want this team to stay under any circumstance but as an ideological libertarian I believe that the federal government has no place in offering an opinion or instructions to any franchise on where it chooses to make its home.

What's your feeling on the draft? The reason the government gets to stick its nose in these affairs is that the draft flies in the face of anti-trust laws. The sports leagues get anti-trust exemptions. Also, since the stadium is publicly financed, the people of Erie County deserve some sort of representation.

I'm conflicted, too. I want the Bills to stay put, but Mr. Wilson should be able to do what's best for him and his family. While I agree that a laissez-faire attitude would be ideal, the NFL operates in a fantasy world that allows the guvmint to look behind the curtain.

What's your feeling on the draft? The reason the government gets to stick its nose in these affairs is that the draft flies in the face of anti-trust laws. The sports leagues get anti-trust exemptions. Also, since the stadium is publicly financed, the people of Erie County deserve some sort of representation.

I'm conflicted, too. I want the Bills to stay put, but Mr. Wilson should be able to do what's best for him and his family. While I agree that a laissez-faire attitude would be ideal, the NFL operates in a fantasy world that allows the guvmint to look behind the curtain.

The NFL is far from a free market, and with very good reason. A sports league requires a degree of stability, which means the members share risk and reward to some degree. The NFL actually figured this out long before other leagues, by pioneering revenue sharing and the like, though a few recent owners (Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Bob Kraft), who have no historical sense and do not realize that the social stability has been the key to the league's success, are happily trying to destroy that stability.

linkagitation

Music to my ears...

"Our goal... (for) the three of us led by Mr. Wilson, and I think with Roger really caring, is to make the Bills stong in Buffalo so they will stay here a very long time," Schumer said.

Bit on Marshawn...

I spoke to Marshawn this morning, I met with him, and he understands his responsibilities as an NFL Player, I think the facts are clear at this time and I don't plan any discipline," Goodell said.