McCain needs help to get online?

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/68300

John McCain Doesn't Know How To Go Online

Robert Paul Reyes

July 14, 2008

The Internet is one of the most important inventions in history; it has impacted every aspect of society. This is the Wired Generation, and a person who isn't hooked up to the Matrix is inconsequential.

Life without the Internet is not worth living; I can't imagine making do without it. John McCain has no problem living without the Internet, he may not even know how to log on to a computer.

"Senator John McCain, the Republican presidential candidate, has admitted that he never uses email and that his staff has to show him websites because he is only just 'learning to get online myself.'

When asked if he went online himself, the Arizona senator responded: "They go on for me. I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself."

Quotation from Telegraph.Co.UK

The man who yearns to be Leader of the Free World doesn't have the intellectual wherewithal to get online, his staffers have to do it for him. This sad state of affairs clearly illustrates that time has passed McCain by. I'm sorry but McCain is too damned old to be president.

You can't prosper or get ahead in life without being Internet-literate. In this world that moves at broadband speed, McCain hasn't even achieved dial-up speed.

No wonder that Barack Obama, who is well versed in the Internet, is favored to win the general election. Obama successfully used the Internet to build a world-class fundraising machine, and to communicate with and inspire his followers.

I can't imagine a president who doesn't know how to use the Internet:

McCain: Romney, you're my vice-president, do something useful and get on the Internet for me, I want to see what Drudge is saying about me. What's taking so long, maybe if you feed the mouse some cheese it will move quicker.

McCain is the perhaps worst candidate I've seen, since...ever? Feeble, stammering public speaker, internet illiterate, loathed by the base of his own party, and geriatric. Where do you go with this? I can't believe the GOP just mailed in the election by nominating this guy... Huckabee would have been much better. At least he has a personality, youthfulness, popularity among the conservatives, and some degree of computer literacy.

Ahhhcchhh...as a Republican I just ain't got nuthin good to vote for.

[The man who yearns to be Leader of the Free World doesn't have the intellectual wherewithal to get online, his staffers have to do it for him. This sad state of affairs clearly illustrates that time has passed McCain by. I'm sorry but McCain is too damned old to be president.

Because it takes a lot of "intellectual wherewithal" to get on the internet. It's incredible how many exceptionally intelligent things people post on the internet every day. :ph34r:<_<

McCain is 70 years old. Most 70 year olds aren't internet savvy. That doesn't necessarily mean they can't learn, it just means they haven't.

My dentist is about 60 years old and there's no way in hell he's ever had to send anyone a text message. That doesn't mean I question his intelligence.

Huckabee would have been much better. At least he has a personality, youthfulness, popularity among the conservatives, and some degree of computer literacy.

Yeah, Huckabee was awesome. Completely incompetent for several years as governor, but he had personality, he probably uses his email, and he knew how to use religion to get extra votes.

:ph34r:<_<<_<

Yeah, Huckabee was awesome. Completely incompetent for several years as governor, but he had personality, he probably uses his email, and he knew how to use religion to get extra votes.

:ph34r:<_<<_<

Plus he had :devil: Chuck Norris

Tho I'm not so sure that would be constitutional as it would upset the checks and balances. Since nothing can balance a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick, except another Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. However if two Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks were to come in contact with each other, the fabric of space/time would come unraveled and the universe would likely implode

McCain is 70 years old. Most 70 year olds aren't internet savvy. That doesn't necessarily mean they can't learn, it just means they haven't.

Actually, he's currently 71 and will turn 72 in a couple months. While many people in their 70's can't use the internet, figure out the remote control, calculate a tip, drive at night, eat fried or spicy food, get an erection, or remember what meds to take without the help of a social worker, we usually don't see them running for President of the United States. McCain is not a good candidate for anything but a condo association, as he appears to be closer to 82 than 72.

Actually, he's currently 71 and will turn 72 in a couple months. While many people in their 70's can't use the internet, figure out the remote control, calculate a tip, drive at night, eat fried or spicy food, get an erection, or remember what meds to take without the help of a social worker, we usually don't see them running for President of the United States. McCain is not a good candidate for anything but a condo association, as he appears to be closer to 82 than 72.

Thank you for clarifying that "get an erection" is one of the things you consider when examining potential candidates for POTUS.

:ph34r:

Because it takes a lot of "intellectual wherewithal" to get on the internet. It's incredible how many exceptionally intelligent things people post on the internet every day. :ph34r:<_<

My dentist is about 60 years old and there's no way in hell he's ever had to send anyone a text message. That doesn't mean I question his intelligence.

The problem is that the president should be someone who is exceptionally curious and is constantly seeking out new information. The fact that he is so resistant to learning how to do something grade schoolers have mastered makes me wonder about this guy.

The problem is that the president should be someone who is exceptionally curious and is constantly seeking out new information.

You do realize there are other ways to obtain new information besides the internet, right? Books have existed for a few hundred years now. Not to mention that as a U.S. Senator, McCain would be able to talk to people directly involved in the issues he was voting on. I seriously doubt John McCain had limited access to information because he wasn't scanning Wikipedia.

The fact that he is so resistant to learning how to do something grade schoolers have mastered makes me wonder about this guy.

We don't know why he isn't internet savvy. Is it possible that sitting at a computer just doesn't appeal to him? Was it easier, given his schedule, to just have his staffers print out whatever he needed so that he could read it later? Who cares? Some writers still use typewriters instead of word processors. Does it really make a difference?

Again, you're faulting McCain by implying "intellectual wherewithal" and internet use are somehow linked. Read some of Molson's old posts and tell me about his "intellectual wherewithal."

You do realize there are other ways to obtain new information besides the internet, right? Books have existed for a few hundred years now. Not to mention that as a U.S. Senator, McCain would be able to talk to people directly involved in the issues he was voting on. I seriously doubt John McCain had limited access to information because he wasn't scanning Wikipedia.

But isn't digital media much more efficient than hard copies? I don't want the President wasting hours leafing through books/journals when it can be pulled up instantly online. By the way there is more to the internet/computers than just wikipedia.

We don't know why he isn't internet savvy. Is it possible that sitting at a computer just doesn't appeal to him? Was it easier, given his schedule, to just have his staffers print out whatever he needed so that he could read it later? Who cares? Some writers still use typewriters instead of word processors. Does it really make a difference?

Again, you're faulting McCain by implying "intellectual wherewithal" and internet use are somehow linked. Read some of Molson's old posts and tell me about his "intellectual wherewithal."

So now we need staffers who at the tax payers expense perform a job so easy a 5th grader can do but the leader of the free world can't?

But isn't digital media much more efficient than hard copies? I don't want the President wasting hours leafing through books/journals when it can be pulled up instantly online. By the way there is more to the internet/computers than just wikipedia.

I don't think the POTUS has to spend hours leafing through anything, nor do I think the POTUS has to look up anything for himself. He has kind of a busy job already. The POTUS gets daily briefings, can request more briefings, and can pretty much talk to whoever he wants as needed.

And you're honestly worried about a sitting president "wasting hours" leafing through books and journals trying to find the information he wants? I thought we all had the "intellectual wherewithal" to figure out that that's not what senators and presidents actually do.

So now we need staffers who at the tax payers expense perform a job so easy a 5th grader can do but the leader of the free world can't?

We're going to have staffers collected data for the president no matter what. You think that's something we shouldn't allow the government to spend money on?

And I already explained to you that it isn't of matter of "can't", it's a matter of "hasn't." Ironically, those same 5th graders that you're envisioning as smarter than McCain would probably understand that distinction better than you have so far.

And I already explained to you that it isn't of matter of "can't", it's a matter of "hasn't." Ironically, those same 5th graders that you're envisioning as smarter than McCain would probably understand that distinction better than you have so far.

I never implied that he couldn't, I just think that the fact that he hasn't proves that his he is out of touch and resistant to change and new ideas.

The problem is that the president should be someone who is exceptionally curious and is constantly seeking out new information. The fact that he is so resistant to learning how to do something grade schoolers have mastered makes me wonder about this guy.

Just because you sit in your underwear and surf the net for your information doesn't mean it's the only means to gather information. I'd rather a president whose response to a question is "let me think about that for a minute" than the one who says "let me google that." :ph34r:

I never implied that he couldn't, I just think that the fact that he hasn't proves that his he is out of touch and resistant to change and new ideas.

No, you didn't "imply" that he couldn't, you flat out said that he "can't"!

Here: