President Bush Lifts Executive Ban on Offshore Drilling

Shouldn't the oil companies drill on the millions of acres of land they already have drilling permits for? If I didn't know any better I'd say that the oil companies like having 4$ per gallon gas, but that's impossible.............

You do want energy independence dont you? What would happen if the countries that sell us oil cut us off. The SR wont last long. We will need oil for a long time to come. Electric passenger planes wont work. Electric Semis wont work either.

We need to Drill for oil here. Now and tomorrow.

You do want energy independence dont you? What would happen if the countries that sell us oil cut us off. The SR wont last long. We will need oil for a long time to come. Electric passenger planes wont work. Electric Semis wont work either.

We need to Drill for oil here. Now and tomorrow.

Why aren't the oil companies then drilling on the 68 million acres they already have permits for?

Why aren't the oil companies then drilling on the 68 million acres they already have permits for?

I would suspect there are a few reasons. One, maybe there isn't any oil in some of them. Two, maybe its not cost effective to the share holders. I would suspect there has to be a certain amount of oil in one of those sites to be cost effective. Three, they've been drilled dry. I think my question is why havent we been drilling where everyone knows where it is. Oh thats right, the Cariboo lovin, tree lovin, heart bleedin wankers wont allow them to !@#$ing drill where we know where it is!!

Just a guess, but I think I'm pretty close to the correct answer. :ph34r:

I would suspect there are a few reasons. One, maybe there isn't any oil in some of them. Two, maybe its not cost effective to the share holders. I would suspect there has to be a certain amount of oil in one of those sites to be cost effective. Three, they've been drilled dry. I think my question is why havent we been drilling where everyone knows where it is. Oh thats right, the Cariboo lovin, tree lovin, heart bleedin wankers wont allow them to !@#$ing drill where we know where it is!!

They did say that they were looking into the leased land. However they are happy because this way is faster and more inexpensive.

It seems to me the oil companies are juts looking to acquire drilling rights to as much public land as possible, they have no desire to drill more now when prices a few years from now will be 10$ per gallon.

It seems to me the oil companies are juts looking to acquire drilling rights to as much public land as possible, they have no desire to drill more now when prices a few years from now will be 10$ per gallon.

Do you have a retirement account? Have you ever heard of the NYSE?

Much of the acreage that they have leases on have incredibly stringent environmental regulations that make it impossible or not cost effective to drill on. They are often the subject of lawsuits by environmental groups when they attempt to drill.

Thank organizations like the Sierra Club for that...

Ah yes, playing election year politics with our energy 'policy'. I'm sure the Most Ethical Congress in HistoryTMwill respond with equal stupidity.

Go Government! :lol:

They should tell him to use the strategic reserve first- he wouldn't like that......and we all know why

T Boone Pickens is going after the air market. He has apparently purchased all rights to air, and we will soon have to pay him to even breath it. After all, the air we are breathing could better be used to power the T Boone Pickens windmill farms he's in the process of building.

T Boone Pickens is going after the air market. He has apparently purchased all rights to air, and we will soon have to pay him to even breath it. After all, the air we are breathing could better be used to power the T Boone Pickens windmill farms he's in the process of building.

I'm going to go out and buy some CarbonOxygen Credits so everybody knows I'm part of the solution and not part of the problem

You got it right. He sunk a lot of money in wind , solar and other sources and is just trying to get a return on his investment. Don't be fooled by his turning "green".

Most environmentalists are really watermelons - green on the outside and red on the inside.