Looks like Putin understands terrorism

CNN.com

While not giving an outright endorsement (which would of course be an ignorant thing to do like Malaysia's former prime minister ) Putin has at least hit the nail on the head, and in an indirect way, he has laid the cards right on the table for the American people. Here is one quote from the article that really sums it up:

"Any unbiased observer understands that attacks of international terrorist organizations in Iraq, especially nowadays, are targeted not only and not so much against the international coalition as against President Bush," Putin said.

"International terrorists have set as their goal inflicting the maximum damage to Bush, to prevent his election to a second term.

"If they succeed in doing that, they will celebrate a victory over America and over the entire anti-terror coalition," Putin said.

I think that Putin has said this better then just about anyone else. The fact that he has basically maintained his stance that he disagrees with the war in Iraq give even more credence to his remarks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CNN.com

While not giving an outright endorsement (which would of course be an ignorant thing to do like Malaysia's former prime minister ) Putin has at least hit the nail on the head, and in an indirect way, he has laid the cards right on the table for the American people. Here is one quote from the article that really sums it up:

"Any unbiased observer understands that attacks of international terrorist organizations in Iraq, especially nowadays, are targeted not only and not so much against the international coalition as against President Bush," Putin said.

"International terrorists have set as their goal inflicting the maximum damage to Bush, to prevent his election to a second term.

"If they succeed in doing that, they will celebrate a victory over America and over the entire anti-terror coalition," Putin said.

I think that Putin has said this better then just about anyone else. The fact that he has basically maintained his stance that he disagrees with the war in Iraq give even more credence to his remarks.

74396[/snapback]

Guess that school incident had a fairly profound effect. Sad that it takes such tragedies to get "leaders" to lead.

Guess that school incident had a fairly profound effect. Sad that it takes such tragedies to get "leaders" to lead.

74437[/snapback]

As long as they end up leading that can't be such a bad thing. Better late to the dance then not at all.

So here's a seroius question, and be honest: If someone else, say Chiraq for example, made the same statements would you react the same? Or would you say that foreigner ought to keep their danged opinions to themselves and not meddle in our elections?

I think Putin may just be ticked off that Kerry's comments about loose nukes and Russia put his nose out of joint...but I guess only Putin knows his motives.

Nevertheless I think it's somewhat odd that he would make these statements and even odder that people who are normally suspcious of others' motives seem to want to take those statements at face value.

Note to moderator: this is not an attack, just a question.

So here's a seroius question, and be honest:  If someone else, say Chiraq for example, made the same statements would you react the same?  Or would you say that foreigner ought to keep their danged opinions to themselves and not meddle in our elections?

I think Putin may just be ticked off that Kerry's comments about loose nukes and Russia put his nose out of joint...but I guess only Putin knows his motives.

Nevertheless I think it's somewhat odd that he would make these statements and even odder that people who are normally suspcious of others' motives seem to want to take those statements at face value.

Note to moderator:  this is not an attack, just a question.

75167[/snapback]

and the fact that Russia was such a strong member of the coalition sending all those troops... you probably feel he is just rationalizing their decision to support....oh wait.... nevermind....

So here's a seroius question, and be honest:  If someone else, say Chiraq for example, made the same statements would you react the same?  Or would you say that foreigner ought to keep their danged opinions to themselves and not meddle in our elections?

Note to moderator:  this is not an attack, just a question.

75167[/snapback]

Personally...no. Because I loathe Chirac, but have no strongly held opinion either way about Putin. And because I realize that "Iraq" and "terrorism" are not always related issues to all people, so that Putin may still disagree with the Iraq adventure while assisting the US in the global anti-terrorism effort, as he has been doing for three years now. :lol:

CNN.com

74396[/snapback]

So keep believing that if Bush loses the election that the terrorists have won. Damn we might need to start drawing up the surrender papers. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

So keep believing that if Bush loses the election that the terrorists have won.  Damn we might need to start drawing up the surrender papers. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

75240[/snapback]

Not a surrender pal, just a easier avenue of attack for those who hate us.

It is really rather simple.......the terrorists would like nothing more then to have GWB out, and someone like kerry in. That is more a a matter of GWB is willing to deal with the threat, and those on the left will not. Oh yea, of course if we are attacked while someone like kerry is in office we will no doubt respond, but the big difference is..that is where it will stop. Perhaps a few cruise missles, or a few B-52 runs, but that is about it. You don't have to look too far back into history to see that.

On the other hand, GWB and friends will indeed take the fight to the enemy on THEIR turf. In fact we are doing that right now.

Just decide for yourself, how you and your family will feel more safe.

It is really rather simple.......the terrorists would like nothing more then to have GWB out, and someone like kerry in. That is more a a matter of GWB is willing to deal with the threat, and those on the left will not. Oh yea, of course if we are attacked while someone like kerry is in office we will no doubt respond, but the big difference is..that is where it will stop. Perhaps a few cruise missles, or a few B-52 runs, but that is about it. You don't have to look too far back into history to see that.

On the other hand, GWB and friends will indeed take the fight to the enemy on THEIR turf. In fact we are doing that right now.

75318[/snapback]

Well said. They don't read anything not on a Kerry site, and they damn sure haven't read me.

But then again, I'm just a know it all wanna be.

75318[/snapback]

So Richio please give me specific examples of what Kerry has said he would do that somehow will make it easier for the attacks to occur? Would his plan to secure the Mexican borders, do more prtection of ports and nuclear facilities somehow increase terrorist attacks? Would his plans to get more involvement by Iraqi and other allies engaged in the rebuilding process somehow make it easier for "those who hate us to attack us"?

So looking back in History when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor wasnt a democrat in power? Was it not a democrat that helped endWW2 earlier? Was a democrat not in office when "attacks" occured in Vietnam that escalated our involvement?

Maybe you are just saying that 9/11 would have never happened if Clinton would have invaded someone after the attacks on the embassy and the Cole? So who was he going to invade? Plus I am sure if Clinton did more that sent a cruise missles and invaded with false pretenses the right would have been leveling another impeachment charge upon him.

So Richio please give me specific examples of what Kerry has said he would do that somehow will make it easier for the attacks to occur?  Would his plan to secure the Mexican borders, do more prtection of ports and nuclear facilities somehow increase terrorist attacks?  Would his plans to get more involvement by Iraqi and other allies engaged in the rebuilding process somehow make it easier for "those who hate us to attack us"?

So looking back in History when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor wasnt a democrat in power?  Was it not a democrat that helped endWW2 earlier?  Was a democrat not in office when "attacks" occured in Vietnam that escalated our involvement?

Maybe you are just saying that 9/11 would have never happened if Clinton would have invaded someone after the attacks on the embassy and the Cole?  So who was he going to invade?  Plus I am sure if Clinton did more that sent a cruise missles and invaded with false pretenses the right would have been leveling another impeachment charge upon him.

75357[/snapback]

This has been covered, in detail, 20 or 30 times. Every single time someone brings up a factual, basically neutral informative post-the libs scurry like cockroaches in the sunlight, only to start the same rhetoric in another thread.

If you don't like what I have to say on the subject, do some homework and refute me. Not my thread, but this has been explained about a dozen times. And, about a dozen times it was the end of the thread.

I've said before-if you want to vote for Kerry on economy? Health care? Gay rights? I have no knowledge nor do I have an opinion. Vote for Kerry on Defense? Please, please, read some independant sources.

This has been covered, in detail, 20 or 30 times. Every single time someone brings up a factual, basically neutral informative post-the libs scurry like cockroaches in the sunlight, only to start the same rhetoric in another thread.

If you don't like what I have to say on the subject, do some homework and refute me. Not my thread, but this has been explained about a dozen times. And, about a dozen times it was the end of the thread.

I've said before-if you want to vote for Kerry on economy? Health care? Gay rights? I have no knowledge nor do I have an opinion. Vote for Kerry on Defense? Please, please, read some independant sources.

75368[/snapback]

Well said to spidey pal. I almost allowed myself to waste another 10 minutes expalining it, only to have them flame me, and run off to another thread and raise hell again.

The point is, they do not get it, they can not get it, and they will not get it. It takes a strong will, and determined spirit to stay the course and get this job done. It will not be completed in GWB next 4 years, and the same issue will be the focal point then as it is now. We are in a beginning stages of a long and difficult war. I am glad that GOD is on our side, and we will win the day as long as we have someone who understands this evil for what it is.

GOD Bless America

I don't know that God is on our side. I often think that he has all but given up on the shooting match. He gave us free will, and look what we've collectively done with it.

Spidey, sorry if that comes out too strong. It has been covered quite a bit in this forum. One of the key things to take into consideration is that this is an overall campaign. Iraq is a part of it-not a separate issue. If the search thingy works, pull up some of my posts on the goals of Al Qaida and the strategies required to defeat them, the roles of alliances, etc.. I thought my posts might be useful to some, as they don't come from the media or a campaign website. Unfortunately I guess that limits my credibility as after all no one can believe anything that doesn't come from Fox or CNN. That's why I also advocate independant study. If anyone actually cares about the issues other than to have something to argue about-take mine or anyone elses posts and run some search strings on the content. You might find it to be a good distance away from what either candidate is saying. You have a democratic candidate out there muddying the waters with "we didn't go after Al Qaida" which is absolutely untrue, and the incumbent who can't say much that is truthfull because it will sound horrible to the average voter.

It's interesting that he's finally chiming in now.  Perhaps all that nuclear material floating around his country has got him a bit nervous.

If Bin Laden or Al Zarquari gets their hands on nuclear material, 9/11 will look like freaking day in the park.

75197[/snapback]

Actually, he chimed in before. The soundbite generation was occupied with other things. Can't overload the brain with more than one or two topics at a time.

It's interesting that he's finally chiming in now.  Perhaps all that nuclear material floating around his country has got him a bit nervous.

If Bin Laden or Al Zarquari gets their hands on nuclear material, 9/11 will look like freaking day in the park.

75197[/snapback]

Oh so that how Kerry will make 9/11 seem like a nuisance. he will help the terrorists do a couple of big things and the 9/11, and Oklahoma city will seem minor in comparison.

Nice that a person like Putin who is reducing democracy in his own country by closing down media outlets that criticize his policies is supporting Bush. Of course there are plenty of people in our own country that would like to do the same if given the chance.