Lynch's Statement

VOR

My opinion of Lynch hasn't changed. I think he exceeded poor decision status weeks ago and moved into the low character district. I think having some rough characters is part of having a good football team, but poor character is another matter. That said, case closed. He is who he is, you now know what to expect, deal with it.

Here's my scouting report on Lynch: Good all purpose back, runs very hard but lacks breakaway speed and is not exceptionally quick or elusive and has only average size. Significant concerns about his character.

So if he goes 10-11 games without rushing for 100, like last year, I won't be calling for a re-trial like a lot of his current apologists will. If he blames everyone but himself for his poor numbers...what else would you expect? And if he does have a good year, I will EXPECT him to demand a trade because he says the cops harrass him, the media treats him poorly and so on. If he can get a fat second contract 3 years earlier than normal by simply demanding and receiving a trade, why wouldn't he? I'm sorry for the negative view, but you can't trust unaccountable people.

We've been down this road before with Willis. Willis enjoyed unsurpassed popularity in his first year on the field with the Bills. But being a 'Canes fan, I knew he wasn't a great competitor. He was Clinton Portis' B word at the U and if Frank Gore hadn't gotten hurt Willis might have entered the NFL as a fullback. I wasn't the least bit surprised when he lost motivation in his second year. When he showed a maddening tendency to only bring his "A" game on select weekends and a lack of concern about his conditioning.....that's part of the package with Willis. I don't think the Bills ever understood that and kept expecting the guy to become self motivated. As a result, they ended up trading him prior to a walk year where he was poised to put up monster numbers and had to use a #1 pick on Lynch. Hopefully, they can see the signs with Lynch and act accordingly to assure they aren't desperately seeking a tailback in round #1 again anytime soon.

You're entitled to your (pessimistic) opinion. And you're more often right than wrong, although with the Bills of the last decade, just hating everything makes someone a lot more right than wrong. :D (That wasn't meant at you)

I am nowhere near where you are when it comes to Lynch. Off the field, I am disappointed in that statement and like I said, think less of him. But I thought a lot of him before. I think he made a mistake by not being more sincere but he's just 23. I would have a much different opinion of him if I knew he just left the girl but I refuse to go there without any kind of proof. I really don't know. Either scenario could be true. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because that's the way I am with most everyone. If you want to believe the opposite, that's your prerogative. I still like the guy, I just think he made some serious mistakes and he needs to show he's a better guy thaan that. Maybe he's not and maybe he never will. I'm betting he does.

On the field, I am even further away from you. But that's just an opinion. I don't see him like Willis at all. He works his ass off on every play. I love his game. He didn't pick his holes as well as he needs to but I think that's a learning experience. He didn't get much blocking and I think he got a ton of yards after the first hit. He became probably my favorite player because he worked so hard and clearly loved playing the game. I expect him to have a great year this year. With a lot to prove and better blocking and a year under his belt. My main concern is how long it takes him to learn how to run behind a fullback, although I don't expect a huge amount of our plays to be with one in the backfield.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're entitled to your (pessimistic) opinion. And you're more often right than wrong, although with the Bills of the last decade, just hating everything makes someone a lot more right than wrong. :D (That wasn't meant at you)

I am nowhere near where you are when it comes to Lynch. Off the field, I am disappointed in that statement and like I said, think less of him. But I thought a lot of him before. I think he made a mistake by not being more sincere but he's just 23. I would have a much different opinion of him if I knew he just left the girl but I refuse to go there without any kind of proof. I really don't know. Either scenario could be true. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because that's the way I am with most everyone. If you want to believe the opposite, that's your prerogative. I still like the guy, I just think he made some serious mistakes and he needs to show he's a better guy thaan that. Maybe he's not and maybe he never will. I'm betting he does.

It sounds like you believe he didn't know he hit her. If that's correct, what mistakes did he make, outside of the statement prepared by his lawyer?

It sounds like you believe he didn't know he hit her. If that's correct, what mistakes did he make, outside of the statement prepared by his lawyer?

I don't know if he knew he hit her. If I HAD to guess, I would say he did know. Because the chances are, if your car hits a person, you know.

Because of the extenuating circumstances, and they are numerous, there is also a very good chance he didn't know. To me, it's one of those 51-49 things or 53-47. So I am not going to blame him for it because I don't think that is fair. I just don't know. And I think he's a pretty good guy from the little we really know about him. I don't think he would do such a thing but none of us really know him that well.

Even if it wasn't his fault at all because he was looking at the girl, it's STILL a mistake. He wasn't looking straight ahead where you're supposed to be looking when you're driving. He hit a human being with his car who was in front of him. The girl dancing may have been the reason he didn't know and took off but if he wasn't looking away from the road he likely wouldn't have struck the victim.

You're entitled to your (pessimistic) opinion. And you're more often right than wrong, although with the Bills of the last decade, just hating everything makes someone a lot more right than wrong. :rolleyes: (That wasn't meant at you)

On the field, I am even further away from you. But that's just an opinion. I don't see him like Willis at all. He works his ass off on every play. I love his game. He didn't pick his holes as well as he needs to but I think that's a learning experience. He didn't get much blocking and I think he got a ton of yards after the first hit. He became probably my favorite player because he worked so hard and clearly loved playing the game. I expect him to have a great year this year. With a lot to prove and better blocking and a year under his belt. My main concern is how long it takes him to learn how to run behind a fullback, although I don't expect a huge amount of our plays to be with one in the backfield.

Much of Lynch getting hit in the backfield was his own doing.

The blocking for Lynch looked worse than it was because Lynch consistently went to the wrong hole.

As with his inability to pass block and recognize the blitz, this points to a serious flaw in his game.

It was no coincidence that Lynch was not used more in the passing game- due to the mental mistakes.

It is unknown at this point whether his flaws are due to lack of intelligence or poor study habits - but he needs to show major improvement this year so the Bills can exploit more than his strength in moving the pile after contact.

At first I thought it entirely possible for him to have hit her and not known. They play their music so loud how could he hear a thump. Maybe he thought it was a pothole that was rain covered. Then he said he saw her dancing and spinning in the street. He probably went home because he had a few drinks. I don't think we will ever know what really happened but the woman will get some $ in the civil suit. Those attorneys could smell a settlement as soon as it happened.

At first I thought it entirely possible for him to have hit her and not known. They play their music so loud how could he hear a thump. Maybe he thought it was a pothole that was rain covered. Then he said he saw her dancing and spinning in the street. He probably went home because he had a few drinks. I don't think we will ever know what really happened but the woman will get some $ in the civil suit. Those attorneys could smell a settlement as soon as it happened.

It was another woman (apparently a friend of the victim) who he saw dancing and spinning in the street, who he slowed down to avoid. That's why he didn't see the woman he actually hit.

Much of Lynch getting hit in the backfield was his own doing.

The blocking for Lynch looked worse than it was because Lynch consistently went to the wrong hole.

As with his inability to pass block and recognize the blitz, this points to a serious flaw in his game.

It was no coincidence that Lynch was not used more in the passing game- due to the mental mistakes.

It is unknown at this point whether his flaws are due to lack of intelligence or poor study habits - but he needs to show major improvement this year so the Bills can exploit more than his strength in moving the pile after contact.

Have you ever noticed that if a player is not doing what you think they should be doing, you think they're stupid? The main reason you saw what you think you saw was because we had an OC that had all the creativity of a wet mop.

Sure, Lynch has to learn how to find his holes and pick up the blitz better. He admitted so much last year in that defenses in the NFL are much more complex than what he faced in college. Most of the time he had no idea who was coming from where, and who to pick up. That doesn't mean he is a bad student or lacks intelligence. It means he has some things to learn, and the simple fact that he's not learning them as fast as you think he should learn them means nothing to anyone who can see the upside to him instead of the downside, which you do with everyone.

Funny how Lynch has a problem picking up blitzes, but Losman has problems with taking sacks.

Everyone has a problem?

Everyone is stupid.

Everyone.