I have a feeling that our MLB is gonna tear it up.

This from Vic regarding last year:

Posluszny was able to ease some of the frustration by immersing himself in the preparation for all of the remaining games, even though he wouldn't be playing in them. He attended every meeting, studied every game plan, and watched all of the videotape he could of the Bills' defense and their opponents.

Fewell quote:

I knew that he was going to come back bigger, stronger, better, and we were going to be better for it, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said. He's so much more (knowledgeable) now than he was, it's unbelievable.

Better players in front of him. A better player beside him (Mitchell). Better players behind him. A better prepared Poz.

Can't wait!

Poz questions for people who actually know the rules about these things:

1. I assume he's not eligible for Rookie of the Year. Is that right, or is it like MLB where you can play so many games one year and still be a rookie the next (for example, Jacoby Ellsbury)?

2. Is he eligible for Comeback Player of the Year, considering that at the moment he's a never-was?

This from Vic regarding last year:

Fewell quote:

Better players in front of him. A better player beside him (Mitchell). Better players behind him. A better prepared Poz.

Can't wait!

Gotta love to see that stuff, mentally it can be hard to come back after not playing for so long, but he's doing everything possible to make sure he's ready, wise beyond his years. If he plays up to his potential, it will exponentially improve the defense.

Poz questions for people who actually know the rules about these things:

1. I assume he's not eligible for Rookie of the Year. Is that right, or is it like MLB where you can play so many games one year and still be a rookie the next (for example, Jacoby Ellsbury)?

2. Is he eligible for Comeback Player of the Year, considering that at the moment he's a never-was?

Regarding #1--he is no longer considered a rookie.

Regarding #2--this on past winner Garrison Hearst: In Hearst's first two seasons with the Cardinals, he was used sparingly. In 1995, however, he broke out as a pro player, rushing for 1,070 yards and earning NFL Comeback Player of the Year Award honors.

I don't remember the specifics of why he was used sparingly...cept it's the Cards. Perhaps someone can provide the particulars.

Given their body of work..Limited as it has been for both..and irrespective of the spot they were drafted..

Would you rather have taken Patrick Willis or POZ ?

I have a felling POZ will have the better career when its all said and done.

Way too early to judge, but its hard to say you would rather have any LB from the last few classes over willis. The guy was an absolute beast as a rookie and should only get better, if he stays healthy he'll be a pro bowl fixture. But tenatively I'll say I'd rather have Lynch and Poz than willis and whoever we could've grabbed in the 2nd, because that's the realistic choice.

Way too early to judge, but its hard to say you would rather have any LB from the last few classes over willis. The guy was an absolute beast as a rookie and should only get better, if he stays healthy he'll be a pro bowl fixture. But tenatively I'll say I'd rather have Lynch and Poz than willis and whoever we could've grabbed in the 2nd, because that's the realistic choice.

Amen.

I don't think we'd be as happy as we are with the entire roster if we had Willis and Michael Bush or anothe rone of those 2nd round backs.

We certainly have all the tools to have a really nice defense. Tons of potential.....alot of it rides on one mans shoulders though. Marcus Stroud. If he can play at the level we know he can, its going to open alot more stuff for everyone else. The one guy I cant wait to see play with Stroud is McCargo. Man, for some odd reason, I can see McCargo having a good enough year to be in the talks of being a pro bowler. But that depends on what Stroud can do for us.

I think we all can agree, the CB position is up for grabs with McKelvin & Greer, should make a really nice battle. And dont forget we have Ko Simpson back aswell.

And dare I throw this out there.......Poz, Mitch, Crow....best combo in the league? I think we can talk about it once they get a few games together.

By all means, we have the tools of a good defense, it just ALL has to come together.

We certainly have all the tools to have a really nice defense. Tons of potential.....alot of it rides on one mans shoulders though. Marcus Stroud. If he can play at the level we know he can, its going to open alot more stuff for everyone else. The one guy I cant wait to see play with Stroud is McCargo. Man, for some odd reason, I can see McCargo having a good enough year to be in the talks of being a pro bowler. But that depends on what Stroud can do for us.

I think we all can agree, the CB position is up for grabs with McKelvin & Greer, should make a really nice battle. And dont forget we have Ko Simpson back aswell.

And dare I throw this out there.......Poz, Mitch, Crow....best combo in the league? I think we can talk about it once they get a few games together.

By all means, we have the tools of a good defense, it just ALL has to come together.

What is our biggest weakness on defense (I know...haven't played a down...) right now?

Overall depth?

D-tackle depth?

Defensive end?

Safety?

We certainly have all the tools to have a really nice defense. Tons of potential.....alot of it rides on one mans shoulders Ankle though. Marcus Stroud. If he can play at the level we know he can, its going to open alot more stuff for everyone else. The one guy I cant wait to see play with Stroud is McCargo. Man, for some odd reason, I can see McCargo having a good enough year to be in the talks of being a pro bowler. But that depends on what Stroud can do for us.

all better now