Watching the Bills in Champaign/Urbana, IL??

OK, so I am starting grad school at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the fall and am wondering if anyone has ever spent any time there... I have always lived in the Bills viewing market and never miss games so I need a good place to go and watch them... There isnt a bills backers close by, but I figure there must be at least a bar that shows all the NFL games... Any help would be greatly appreciated

OK, so I am starting grad school at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the fall and am wondering if anyone has ever spent any time there... I have always lived in the Bills viewing market and never miss games so I need a good place to go and watch them... There isnt a bills backers close by, but I figure there must be at least a bar that shows all the NFL games... Any help would be greatly appreciated

What's your major? Marxist Studies?

Welcome to Central Illinois! You're best bet is Buffalo Wild Wings. They have two locations; one in the north part of Champaign and the other was recently built in Savoy, which is a small town on the south end of Champaign. If you have any other questions about the area, PM me and I'll try to answer them. My User Name is dated, as I live over in Springfield now.

Mike

Another thing to consider is just creating a Bills Backers group yourself. You'd be surprised how many people end up signing up when you create a chapter through the Bills website. There are alot of other fans out there just like you, especially at a college campus. Once you get a few people, just go and talk to a manager at a sports bar that gets the NFL ticket (most do now) and tell them that you're bringing people in every week and try and get them to promise you a TV, a corner with a TV, or best yet a private room.

I'd suggest signing up on the Bills site sooner rather then later so that it gives people a chance to find you over the summer.

Welcome to Central Illinois! You're best bet is Buffalo Wild Wings. They have two locations; one in the north part of Champaign and the other was recently built in Savoy, which is a small town on the south end of Champaign. If you have any other questions about the area, PM me and I'll try to answer them. My User Name is dated, as I live over in Springfield now.

Mike

Thanks a lot... I had a feeling someone was going to tell me BWW... I was hoping for a better answer as I've found there wings aren't all that good and definitely overpriced. I feel like there must be a better non-chain sports bar that shows all the games.Are they ok with letting you sit there for the entire game?? and do they always have the Bills on??

I actually have thought about doing the Bills backers thing. A friend of mine started one in Madison, WI, but he had little success as only 3 or 4 people would come each week and the restaurant didnt really cater to their bills fan needs.

Also, any advice on trying to find a sabres game broadcast in the area would be appreciated too

Thanks

You could always call around to the bars/restaurants and get a gauge as to if they'll carry the games. Try Pia's (Champaign, Rantoul), a place I think is called Boston Pizza (out on North Prospect), Jillians (I don't think they have too many TV's but I think they carry Sunday Ticket), Hooters....

That's all I can think of right now.

Good luck!

Well I'm only a 144.7 miles from there but I know a few people there and next time I talk to one of them I'll find out which sports bar is the best ! I'm gonna get Sunday Ticket this year but your more than welcome to watch the Bills :lol: here if you make the trip north of there but with theses insane gas prices who can afford it ! but anyways I'll try to get of hold of them and see but there not football fans so I could be pissing in the wind! :lol:

ok, great, appreciate all of your help...

NFLBighits, I doubt I'll be able to make the trip... maybe if the bills were actually playing in chicago... I am, however, thinking I will make the trip to st louis this year. I think its only about 2.5 hours from Champaign... a lot closer than buffalo

ok, great, appreciate all of your help...

NFLBighits, I doubt I'll be able to make the trip... maybe if the bills were actually playing in chicago... I am, however, thinking I will make the trip to st louis this year. I think its only about 2.5 hours from Champaign... a lot closer than buffalo

Yeah I figured that was a little far, but I was just being a true Bills fan !! I thought about going to that one or the KC one but I'm getting Sundayticket I'll most likely stay home and watch it on my new HDTV! I've been to one game and that was in Kansas city when the Jonhson and flutie debate was going on and the Chief fans around me were saying were GLAD Flutie isn't playing :lol: But we did win that one at the very end of the game when rob Johnson just barely got the ball over the goal line. I prefer watching the Bills in my comfort of my own home But someday Just maybe I'll get to see them in Buffalo !!! :lol: