Adams Had Heated Exchange With Gray, Krumrie

Mark VI

I taped the game and have yet to view it. Was away attending a Baptism in the afternoon and a seperate dinner in East Aurora in the evening. Anyhow, I spoke with other relatives last night, who attended the game. Then read some comments in todays Buff News.

Seems Sammy Morris was beating us up the middle. Mularkey tried sticking Bannon in and Adams refused to come out. This was in the 2nd Quarter. When the D came off the field, Admas had a heated exchange with Krumrie and Gray. Spiked his helmet on the turf. Edwards played the whole 2nd half and played well. 2 of my relatives said Adams wasn't even on the bench in the 2nd half. Was seen leaving the stadium after the game and talked to no one. Buff News Said his expression " spoke volumes ".

Will he be the next to go ? Trade deadline is Tuesday.

I taped the game and have yet to view it. Was away attending a Baptism in the afternoon and a seperate dinner in East Aurora in the evening. Anyhow, I spoke with other relatives last night, who attended the game. Then read some comments in todays Buff News.

Seems Sammy Morris was beating us up the middle. Mularkey tried sticking Bannon in and Adams refused to come out. This was in the 2nd Quarter. When the D came off the field, Admas had a heated exchange with Krumrie and Gray. Spiked his helmet on the turf. Edwards played the whole 2nd half and played well. 2 of my relatives said Adams wasn't even on the bench in the 2nd half. Was seen leaving the stadium after the game and talked to no one. Buff News Said his expression " spoke volumes ".

Will he be the next to go ? Trade deadline is Tuesday.

73908[/snapback]

I have been complaining about Fat Sam's weight since he came to Buffalo. There are very few guys who can play with that kind of weight and be effective. In fact, Ted Washington and the Fridge are the only two I know. Sam waddles on and off the field, and he doesn't get much in the way of penetration. I don't think he has been requiring double teams, which is the whole point of having such a biug guy in there.

Edwards got two sacks and was extremely productive.

If Fat Sam left the game early, then he needs to be severely disciplined or released.

I have been complaining about Fat Sam's weight since he came to Buffalo.  There are very few guys who can play with that kind of weight and be effective.  In fact, Ted Washington and the Fridge are the only two I know.  Sam waddles on and off the field, and he doesn't get much in the way of penetration.  I don't think he has been requiring double teams, which is the whole point of having such a biug guy in there.

Edwards got two sacks and was extremely productive.

If Fat Sam left the game early, then he needs to be severely disciplined or released.

73913[/snapback]

BB, I thought that you liked overweight linemen. :) Just messin with ya.

Ironically, Big Sam seems to have outgrown Williams! That said, he still makes plays, and I hope that the issue, however serious, is resolved.

i think that when you come in and take the "nice" approach to start your coaching tenure, you will inevitably draw the worst out of your brats when you finally do put your foot down. i think we are finally seeing why adams is on his 3rd team in 4 years.

What the hell is going on with this team?

73916[/snapback]

I think the coaches are asserting their position of authority over a fat, overpaid and underproductive lineman. Personally, I think it's about time they took control back from the inmates.

Does anyone else think that Pat Williams and Ron Edwards actually played BETTER during the second half? I do, I can't remember the last time I saw Williams in on multiple plays..

BB, I thought that you liked overweight linemen.  :)  Just messin with ya.

Ironically, Big Sam seems to have outgrown Williams! That said, he still makes plays, and I hope that the issue, however serious, is resolved.

73917[/snapback]

I believe that overweight lineman to which you refer has actually lost a bunch of those lbs and has played very well so far this season! :)

I think Sam is too fat and all he does is occupy blockers. That's OK if you are commanding double teams and holding your ground ala Ted Washington, but I don't think it's all that great when you aren't. I think Sam would improve a great deal (ala a certain offensive lineman) if he would drop about 40 pounds.

Anyway, maybe he needed a little fire lit under his ass (OK, maybe a BIG fire! LOL!). BTW, I am psyched about Edwards play. He is the future!!

i think that when you come in and take the "nice" approach to start your coaching tenure, you will inevitably draw the worst out of your brats when you finally do put your foot down.  i think we are finally seeing why adams is on his 3rd team in 4 years.

73918[/snapback]

Remember the game where Big Sam returned an int. gor a td vs NE? As Adams was walking off the field, Bledsoe was laughing and teasing and approached him. Big Sam sort of brushed him away and was not laughing. He certainly is a tempermental guy.

This is a tough situation.

I believe that overweight lineman to which you refer has actually lost a bunch of those lbs and has played very well so far this season!  :)

I think Sam is too fat and all he does is occupy blockers.  That's OK if you are commanding double teams and holding your ground ala Ted Washington, but I don't think it's all that great when you aren't.    I think Sam would improve a great deal (ala a certain offensive lineman) if he would drop about 40 pounds.

Anyway, maybe he needed a little fire lit under his ass (OK, maybe a BIG fire! LOL!).  BTW, I am psyched about Edwards play.  He is the future!!

73922[/snapback]

Watching Edwards makes me wonder why he produced so little in the past. I know, inexperience, but I wonder if he was held back by unjury.

For 2 weeks, he has looked strong, quick and instinctive. There is a wonderful target for a contract extension.

Watching Edwards makes me wonder why he produced so little in the past. I know, inexperience, but I wonder if he was held back by unjury.

For 2 weeks, he has looked strong, quick and instinctive. There is a wonderful target for a contract extension.

73929[/snapback]

Actually, he played pretty well last year before he got hurt and was IR'd.

I think some people on this board think that only draft choices who produce in their first or second year are worth a damn. It usually takes a guy at least two years to get up to speed, and usually three.

I like that Texas Aggie combo! I like that we were getting a push up the middle on the pass rush. To be honest, I think that is what has been missing more than the DEs. If you're getting push up the middle, your ends are going to get sacks because the QB is going to be forced to the outside. He won't be able to step up in the pocket.

What the hell is going on with this team?

73916[/snapback]

When teams struggle, the second string guys get more chances. When the chips are down, someone's gotta step it up. I'm glad that's starting to happen with some of our new guys and in our D and O line depth. Take a guy with the skills of Edwards, and set him up with someone like Krumrie for a few years and the results can be dramatic.

Now can this PLEASE happen with a safety?

When teams struggle, the second string guys get more chances.  When the chips are down, someone's gotta step it up.  I'm glad that's starting to happen with some of our new guys and in our D and O line depth.  Take a guy with the skills of Edwards, and set him up with someone like Krumrie for a few years and the results can be dramatic.

73957[/snapback]

Opps... that was me. :)

When teams struggle, the second string guys get more chances.  When the chips are down, someone's gotta step it up.  I'm glad that's starting to happen with some of our new guys and in our D and O line depth.  Take a guy with the skills of Edwards, and set him up with someone like Krumrie for a few years and the results can be dramatic.

73957[/snapback]

AMEN!!!

Actually, he played pretty well last year before he got hurt and was IR'd.

I think some people on this board think that only draft choices who produce in their first or second year are worth a damn.  It usually takes a guy at least two years to get up to speed, and usually three.

I like that Texas Aggie combo!  I like that we were getting a push up the middle on the pass rush.  To be honest, I think that is what has been missing more than the DEs.  If you're getting push up the middle, your ends are going to get sacks because the QB is going to be forced to the outside.  He won't be able to step up in the pocket.

73938[/snapback]

I agree. Big Sam and PW are a wall vs. the run, but they rarely penetrate far enough to sacks opposing qbs.

The thing is, I always preferred SA to PW. That is why I hope this situation is resolved, but if it cant be, I hope we get something for SA. This would NOT be like cutting Shaw, you know.

BB, I thought that you liked overweight linemen.  :w00t:  Just messin with ya.

73917[/snapback]

Sam may be huge, but he's still very effective. Is he a guy who gets the stats? No, but he does do a good job of controlling the interior of the line and he occasionally gets a good enough push to get into the backfield and disrupt plays.