idea for Russert fan tribute opening day

As a salute to one of the great Bills fans, what if everyone brought along a photo of Tim and post it at their tailgate opening day? You could even set up a Genny and a Sahlen's next to him. It's a symbolic way for lil' Russ not to miss opening day.

PTR

During the National Athem, a montage on the HD scoreboard screen with images of Tim superimposed or interlaced with the American Flag and images of Buffalo, ending with a film clip of one of his famous Meet The Press "Go Bills!" sign-offs.

I can only imagine the thundering applause and tears that would follow.

since we have that new big screen I should like a moment of silence followed by that eloquent tribute by Tom Brokaw in big lights Can you imagine the 12th mans respone to "tip a cold one for tiimmy and go Bills" my god it would be a fine tribute and one hell of a way to start the season

Can you imagine the 12th mans respone to "tip a cold one for tiimmy and go Bills" my god it would be a fine tribute and one hell of a way to start the season

If they can do that, then everyone of legal age should buy one beer and raise that paper cup when he says that.

You've got to have it in the stadium, without doubt! Throghout the game so cameras always pan to the signs, and tributes around the field and scoreboard...

Get Ralph to rename the Stadium after him!

I'm serious...everyone lived with RICH Stadium because when it was named, the place was brand new. When Ralph couldn't con anyone else to pay for the naming rights he did the natural thing and named it after himself. Everybody collectively groaned but thought oh WTF, were greatful for the BILLS no matter what they call the Stadium.

Know we have a Buffalo native son, huge fan, that in many ways kept the BILLS in the public eye when they didn't deserve to be there and I believe that it would be a fitting tribute to the man who never forgot where he came from.

We'll never forget Tim and what better way to remember him?

GO BILLS!

Just a thought, why couldn't Ralph Wilson Stadium be Tim Russert Stadium for one game, oh, say the home opener! The Bills could hold a press conference to announce the temporary change of the venues name. I think it works... you could also rename the pressroom after his wife and the lockerroom after Luke. It is simply honorary in nature and is respect for ALL fans, famous or not!!!