Sam Wyche On PFC Radio Tonight 7 pm est!

Every single post that I have made are Bills related whether its a Bills related person on the show like Vic Carucci, Pat Williams or Sam Wyche or I jump into current discussions on this board about the Bills. I spoke to Sam Wyche myself and I made a point to make sure that my host mentioned JP Losman which Sam did. Sam coached JP straight out of college and gave extremely good intelligent insight on JP.. I got the archive of just his interview but again I don't want to ruffle anymore feathers because I enjoy posting here and talking about the Bills.

I don't ever listen to your station or whatever you post here, however, I don't see anything wrong with you posting showtimes when former or current Bills players are on your show.

As long as this site posts articles from, and drives traffic to, REALFOOTBALL365 (which is total garbage, and has no sources), I don't see how you could possibly be penalized for giving people who want to listen to your stuff from real Bills players or sources.

Baffles the mind, that realfootball 365 could be linked from here.

I was really worried that was going to be RealFootballBlog365.com. That site is so much better. I remember when the editor was trying to pay TBD $5 an article to link.

As long as it was clearly marked "Sponsored Link" I personally would not ever mind something like that to pay the bills. I'm always shocked that SDS never complains about them.

But $5? Isn't that a bit of a cheapskate offer?

The point that needs to emphasized is that the person is not a contributing member of the forum. I am not talking monetarily, but contributing posts. If a regular poster were to make the exact same request, I am guessing Scott would allow it (within reason). For example, when I wrote my first book, Scott was kind enough to allow me to post about it an add a link to Amazon on the forum. He also pinned the thread for a few weeks, to help with sales. I am grateful that he allowed me to do that. Now, if I had just joined the board, I highly doubt that he would have done that. I was a member of the board for about six years at the time and have been a regular contributor.

There is a difference.

Exactly....

When community members do cool things we try our best to make sure everyone knows about it. Whether it is Ken's book, or Moose's wallpapers, or Dr. K's TV script - it is always cool when members showcase their talents. So, rest assured we welcome that kind of interaction.

However, when people you don't know decide to showcase themselves, well - that's not so special.

FYI, links can be submitted for approval on the TBD front page...

Exactly....

When community members do cool things we try our best to make sure everyone knows about it. Whether it is Ken's book, or Moose's wallpapers, or Dr. K's TV script - it is always cool when members showcase their talents. So, rest assured we welcome that kind of interaction.

However, when people you don't know decide to showcase themselves, well - that's not so special.

FYI, links can be submitted for approval on the TBD front page...

So then what makes them a contributing member of the board? Do you have to reach a certain number of posts? Know one of the higher ups personally?

If lets just say for example, (and this is completly hypothetical) Vic Carruchi joins the board and his first post is to send people a link to a !@#$ show that he will be hosting, do you tell him to stop and post other things before he is allowed to share a link?

I agree that for non Bills related items, or items that the sole purpose of advertising is to turn a profit, then they should be a contributing member of the board. But for a Bills related thing like this, I don't see why it should not be permitted, but maybe send the person that submitted it a PM telling them that you will only allow it to be posted here if it is Bills related, and that you would like them to continue to be a contributing member on this board.

So then what makes them a contributing member of the board? Do you have to reach a certain number of posts? Know one of the higher ups personally?

If lets just say for example, (and this is completly hypothetical) Vic Carruchi joins the board and his first post is to send people a link to a !@#$ show that he will be hosting, do you tell him to stop and post other things before he is allowed to share a link?

I agree that for non Bills related items, or items that the sole purpose of advertising is to turn a profit, then they should be a contributing member of the board. But for a Bills related thing like this, I don't see why it should not be permitted, but maybe send the person that submitted it a PM telling them that you will only allow it to be posted here if it is Bills related, and that you would like them to continue to be a contributing member on this board.

It's time to just let it go...

Dude. PFC has started six threads here. All six link back to their site. Out of 67 posts, precisely 12 do not appear in those threads.

Here are the first three of those 12.

He's a very good dude who loves Rochester check out his interview we just did with him here.

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2008/03/...branden-albert/

Sounds better coming from him plus the hits wont hurt the website, ya hit blocker <_<
listen to the interview he anwers that question :flirt:

And I'll be honest: I didn't see them back then, or I would've made a different call. My mistake.

Why can't you answer the questions though?

because I learned years ago that everyone isn't going to agree with any decision made anywhere at any time. So, I noted your objection, accepted your right to your opinion, and moved on. You should just accept that the policy will continue and move on.

Now, if you write a book or star in movie - let us know - we'll be sure to highlight it.... <_<

because I learned years ago that everyone isn't going to agree with any decision made anywhere at any time. So, I noted your objection, accepted your right to your opinion, and moved on. You should just accept that the policy will continue and move on.

Now, if you write a book or star in movie - let us know - we'll be sure to highlight it.... <_<

So that means I am officially a contributing member to this board? Wow, what an honor!

As for the point of this thread, its your board, you can run everything the way you want. I was just expressing my opinion on the stance that only contributing members can post a link to something of theirs. I am merely stating that I believe if it is Bills related, it should be permitted because this is a Bills board where we all want to know info on the team. Although if the mods review it and deem it not tobe bills related, then they should remove it. Also anything where the person is linking to it to something that they are selling and trying to turn a profit (like a link to a Bills store the have) should only be permitted for a fee or donations to the site.

But do what you want, I just asked those questions cause I figured it could clear things up if you answered them, instead of just saying because I said so, no move on

So that means I am officially a contributing member to this board? Wow, what an honor!

As for the point of this thread, its your board, you can run everything the way you want. I was just expressing my opinion on the stance that only contributing members can post a link to something of theirs. I am merely stating that I believe if it is Bills related, it should be permitted because this is a Bills board where we all want to know info on the team. Although if the mods review it and deem it not tobe bills related, then they should remove it. Also anything where the person is linking to it to something that they are selling and trying to turn a profit (like a link to a Bills store the have) should only be permitted for a fee or donations to the site.

But do what you want, I just asked those questions cause I figured it could clear things up if you answered them, instead of just saying because I said so, no move on

Traffic is valuable whether they selling something or not. Once you establish traffic then you can leverage that into profit. So, using someone else's traffic to increase your own is a crummy way to increase the valuation of your own web space. How is that?

Traffic is valuable whether they selling something or not. Once you establish traffic then you can leverage that into profit. So, using someone else's traffic to increase your own is a crummy way to increase the valuation of your own web space. How is that?

Maybe apuszczalowski can advertise a good Lasik Surgeon on here. :thumbsup:

thats true too, but then anyone with a link in there sig lines could be guilty of that

And why could I advertise a good lasik Surgeon?

I didn't know that this thread was still active but the hit blocker joke was clearly that a joke so please lighten up. Today should be about mourning a huge fan in Tim Russert which I'm deeply sad about not some message board and spamming bs.

Again I've apologized if I pissed you off SDS won't do it again and

GO BILLS

thats true too, but then anyone with a link in there sig lines could be guilty of that

And why could I advertise a good lasik Surgeon?

Is there anything you're not willing to look like an ass about? Or you just have a problem shutting the !@#$ up and minding your own business?