Depth Chart

Shows Spencer Johnson above John McCargo in the RDT spot... I know he's been injured and very sparingly used in individual drills, but did we pick him up to start over Kyle and John? Or what... I figured it'd be a Marcus/Kyle, with John solidified at the other technique.

Yes... I think that Kyle could start over Marcus. Although it's a huge stretch, the guy has done nothing but step up and prove he deserved to be on that line. I could see an even split between him and Marcus if he proves his worth.

He's sure as hell not a Tim Anderson... *knock on wood*

This also may be a coaching move. By placing Johnson first on the depth chart it may well be a challenge to him to step up and not be complacent with "merely" being a solid NFL back-up. It also COULD possibly be configured as a challenge to McCargo to step up his game in his third year if he wants to be considered a starter.

The former is a bit more positive than the latter, but both could easily be bits of psychology which the coaches use on a team where good competition is the order of the day.

Shows Spencer Johnson above John McCargo in the RDT spot... I know he's been injured and very sparingly used in individual drills, but did we pick him up to start over Kyle and John? Or what... I figured it'd be a Marcus/Kyle, with John solidified at the other technique.

Yes... I think that Kyle could start over Marcus. Although it's a huge stretch, the guy has done nothing but step up and prove he deserved to be on that line. I could see an even split between him and Marcus if he proves his worth.

He's sure as hell not a Tim Anderson... *knock on wood*

Right now, Spencer is better than both McCargo and Williams. I think the more they play, McCargo will progress, and become more clearly dominant and the sure starter. Right now, no.

If we're to believe what the coaches have said, the DT rotation will be very fluid and any "starter" designation is pretty much worth the paper it's printed on. They've been using all sorts of different combinations during the OTAs.

Right now, Spencer is better than both McCargo and Williams. I think the more they play, McCargo will progress, and become more clearly dominant and the sure starter. Right now, no.

You know this how? How much have you seen Spencer play to base this on?

If we're to believe what the coaches have said, the DT rotation will be very fluid and any "starter" designation is pretty much worth the paper it's printed on. They've been using all sorts of different combinations during the OTAs.

They always are fluid in June. I've never understood why folks consider a depth chart as words chipped in stone, drawing all kind of conclusions from same.