Ravens, Bills among teams who could crash playoffs

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=420388

I'm not sure how I feel about being pared with the Ravens and the Rams, but it's another article calling for us to make some waves this year.

It definitely contradicts this other Sporting News article that came out on the same day that was already posted on TSW. One says 5-11 and the other says playoffs:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=420003

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...l=sporting+news

This up-and-coming Buffalo/Toronto team features two of the better rookies from the '07 draft class -- Lynch and quarterback Trent Edwards -- and last year's 7-9 record left the team closer to swiping the sixth seed than most realize.

:D

Didn't Baltimore lose to the stinkin' fish last season? As a matter of a fact, aren't the Ravens the only team that lost to the stinkin' fish last year? How exactly did they get so much better that they can go from losing to the worse of the worst to making the post-season? Because their schedule is easier than the Browns and Steelers? I don't think that is enough.

Didn't Baltimore lose to the stinkin' fish last season? As a matter of a fact, aren't the Ravens the only team that lost to the stinkin' fish last year? How exactly did they get so much better that they can go from losing to the worse of the worst to making the post-season? Because their schedule is easier than the Browns and Steelers? I don't think that is enough.

And Ogden probably retiring, to boot. No, it's that reach of a 1st rounder they drafted who will turn everything around. :D

Yeah the Ravens are weak sauce. But lest we forget they were an ill-managed Billick TO from handing the Patriots their first loss as well.

Yeah the Ravens are weak sauce. But lest we forget they were an ill-managed Billick TO from handing the Patriots their first loss as well.

When they played well, it was a pretty good football team, but it was few and far between.

I could see them being in the bottom 25% of the league this year.

When they played well, it was a pretty good football team, but it was few and far between.

I could see them being in the bottom 25% of the league this year.

Agreed. They're the definition of "aging." And IMO, that's not a formula for consistent success. Granted, some of their older players were super-stars in their hay-day, which I suppose explains their bursts of greatness last year.

Not to mention they have that stud McGahee.

I fail to see why national sportswriters have a hard-on for the Ravens every stinkin' year. What are they, the new Dolphins?

I correctly predicted the Ravens' downfall a year ago, and things don't look a whole lot better in 2008. They have a suspect OL, a HUGE question mark at QB, an all-pro TE who can't stay on the field, a #1 WR who is older than dirt, and a defense that has playmakers but is also aging. There were too many games last season in which they were just not competitive. Does anybody think McGoofy will carry the team?

I suppose a new coach will inject some energy, but I don't see them finishing higher than 3rd in their division -- much less challenging for a playoff spot.

Being in Maryland there hasn't been much talk about the Ravens. Who is the QB? Kyle Boller or Joe Flak Jacket?

How's that OLine? :D

How long till Willis complains about going to Giant and getting a box of frozen crab cakes and playing Madden, holed up in his Catonsville townhouse.

:thumbsup:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=420388

It definitely contradicts this other Sporting News article that came out on the same day that was already posted on TSW. One says 5-11 and the other says playoffs:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=420003

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...l=sporting+news

"This up-and-coming Buffalo/Toronto team features two of the better rookies from the '07 draft class -- Lynch and quarterback Trent Edwards -- and last year's 7-9 record left the team closer to swiping the sixth seed than most realize"

I received an offer in the mail from Sporting News to subscribe for one year at $15. I thought, hey, not too bad a deal, but then it actually occurred to me I'd be paying for this drivel and I quickly discarded the offer. I used to like that publication back in the day.

"Veteran QB with a rifle-arm, great mobility, intelligence and toughness"

This is the description on a team website of what player?

Answer (highlight text to see): Kyle Boller

"Veteran QB with a rifle-arm, great mobility, intelligence and toughness"

This is the description on a team website of what player?

The only person who I can think of that fits that description (especially great mobility and intelligence) is Big Ben, but I know that's the wrong answer.

Apparently Joe Flacco from Delaware is one hell of a QB. Apparently he is going to lead this team to 11 victories this season. Gee, that sounds EXACTLY like what every Rookie QB in his first season as a starter does. And man, Kyle Boller is a baller. He could easily lead the Ravens to the playoffs. There's just a ton of talent at the QB position for the Ravens. Anyway, as to the two articles from Sporting News, one saying 5-11 the other 11-5, they're just hedging their bets, which is typical. If we make the playoffs, they can be one of the ones saying, "See, we told you" and if you don't they can say, well "See, we told you." Only time will tell which prediction was right, but I do think that we will be far better than either the Rams or the Ravens.

Interesting...

I think that the Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Bills, Jaguars, Jets, Chargers, Broncos, Titans, Texans, Bengals, Chiefs, Raiders, Bengals, or Browns could make it to the playoffs...

... No, the Dolphins can't.

:D

Yep - one never knows. I don't recall the numbers, but MIA lost something like 6 games by 3 points each.