Articles for TPS

GG

What do you think of this conservative's opinion of Sharon and his relationship with Bush?

Scowcroft

74948[/snapback]

I'd comment more if you provide a link to the full interview, and not a snapshot of select quotes.

Yep, you just can't trust the AP.....

I'll see if I can find the FT article.

75017[/snapback]

I only trust what I see, and preferrably hear the entire interview.

But since it's not available even on FT, my answer is big whoop. So Bush is mesmerized by Sharon. I'm sure Bush is equally mesmerized by Blair's ability to compose and articulate a sentence. He was equally mesmerized by visits with Putin. (Remember the criticism he received on taking Putin at his word, the trust without verifying?)

Scowcroft balks at Sharon's disengament? What's wrong with a wall on WB, once a proper border is established?

Let me get this straight, Israel is supposed to not only make peace with Palestinians on their terms, but also integrate them into the economy?

But since it's not available even on FT, my answer is big whoop.  So Bush is mesmerized by Sharon.  I'm sure Bush is equally mesmerized by Blair's ability to compose and articulate a sentence.  He was equally mesmerized by visits with Putin.  (Remember the criticism he received on taking Putin at his word, the trust without verifying?)

Scowcroft balks at Sharon's disengament?  What's wrong with a wall on WB, once a proper border is established?

Let me get this straight, Israel is supposed to not only make peace with Palestinians on their terms, but also integrate them into the economy?

75272[/snapback]

Personally I think Bush can be mesmerized by a tinfoil ball at the end of a string. But that could just be me.

But since it's not available even on FT, my answer is big whoop.  So Bush is mesmerized by Sharon.  I'm sure Bush is equally mesmerized by Blair's ability to compose and articulate a sentence.  He was equally mesmerized by visits with Putin.  (Remember the criticism he received on taking Putin at his word, the trust without verifying?)

Scowcroft balks at Sharon's disengament?  What's wrong with a wall on WB, once a proper border is established?

75272[/snapback]

Since when has Israel tried to make peace on the Palestinians terms? I think most outside observers have simply argued for the creation of a Palestinian state. It's apparent Sharon has other plans..

Another perspective...

Personally I think Bush can be mesmerized by a tinfoil ball at the end of a string. But that could just be me.

It could be, but I had always assumed it would take slightly more to mesmerize you.

Nah, just put tassles on the end of sweater puppies. I'll sit there for hours.

And here I was thinking it would take a shiny new Benelli on Christmas morn.

Oh well, 12 gauges and sweater cows are like peanutbutter and jelly.......

Finally found something new on the Franklin Affair.  Interesting stuff.

Update on Franklin Affair

77103[/snapback]

I'll give the Prospect credit for asking the right questions:

Was it to this end that Franklin was allegedly observed by the FBI passing the draft NSPD on Iran to AIPAC? Was he trying to inform AIPAC, or Israel, about the contents of the draft NSPD? Or rather, and perhaps more plausibly, was he trying to enlist the powerful Washington lobbying organization in advocating for a Iran-destabilization policy? In other words, is the Franklin case really about espionage, or is it a glimpse into the ugly sausage-making process by which Middle East policy gets decided in Washington and, in particular, in the Bush administration?

Without coming close to providing an answer.

Interesting that while nearly everyone agreed that regime change in Iraq was needed, but a military invasion was the wrong way to do it, why are people jumping on a plan to achieve a regime change in Iran, without using military force?

I'm looking for an anwser other than the stock, "We shouldn't be delving in other countries' affairs."

Since when has Israel tried to make peace on the Palestinians terms? I think most outside observers have simply argued for the creation of a Palestinian state.  It's apparent Sharon has other plans..

How convienent of you to forget the Dayton Accord and Arafat saying no to the best deal that the Palestinians will ever see.