The death of the SUV

None of waste is okay.

Some people however, choose to not just throw their hands up in the air and say " :thumbsup: it I'm goin' huntin'" Now that, my friend, is typical.

What does hunting have to do with your argument? Actually hunting is better for the environment than buying farm raised food. Hunters in general do more for the environment than all the whiney internet activists will ever think of doing.

Now if I'm understanding your position, it is OK to hurt the environment by wasting energy if you don't complain about the prices YOU are paying. You get bonus points if you call out others for wasting energy in ways that don't affect you.

I have nothing against people owning big houses and living the good life, I just find the hypocrisy very amusing when one of those people go after big bad pickup truck drivers.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What does hunting have to do with your argument? Actually hunting is better for the environment than buying farm raised food. Hunters in general do more for the environment than all the whiney internet activists will ever think of doing.

Now if I'm understanding your position, it is OK to hurt the environment by wasting energy if you don't complain about the prices YOU are paying. You get bonus points if you call out others for wasting energy in ways that don't affect you.

I have nothing against people owning big houses and living the good life, I just find the hypocrisy very amusing when one of those people go after big bad pickup truck drivers.

Umm, you brought up hunting first I was just elaborating on a comparison you had made. And yes, yes you are correct that is my position. I feel it is completely fine to hurt the environment as long as you don't complain about it. You're pretty sharp for picking that up. Did I hit a nerve with the hunting thing?

And you see one in me? lol. You have no clue.

BTW, nice job with being a D!ck.

No worries...It comes naturally.

While I may not know you personally, I know you through your postings, which can say a lot about a person.

I don't care if you smoke weed. I drink beer and wine. I just don't feel the need to post a big bottle of Jack Daniels or Budweiser in my avatar and then tell everyone "I'm not an alcoholic." As someone who did burn quite a few in my younger years, I can say that there's nothing more pathetic to me than seeing a 30 or 40 year old adult still hitting the bowl. But that's just my POV.

And BTW, I think your backtracking on the reason you posted this thread is laughable.

Umm, you brought up hunting first I was just elaborating on a comparison you had made. And yes, yes you are correct that is my position. I feel it is completely fine to hurt the environment as long as you don't complain about it. You're pretty sharp for picking that up. Did I hit a nerve with the hunting thing?

Are you high right now, because you seem to have forgotten what you typed a few minutes ago.

"To answer your question though, I do live in a decent sized place and maybe I do use more electricity then is needed BUT what I don't do is B word about the price of electricity. I take responsibility for my A/C and washer dryer bills and never complain."

And yes, you did hit a nerve with the hunting comment. Do a little research and you'll find that the hunters you are mocking contribute more money and time to environmental conservation than all the journalists and internet bloggers that sit back and make fun of the truck drivers "goin huntin".

No worries...It comes naturally.

While I may not know you personally, I know you through your postings, which can say a lot about a person.

I don't care if you smoke weed. I drink beer and wine. I just don't feel the need to post a big bottle of Jack Daniels or Budweiser in my avatar and then tell everyone "I'm not an alcoholic." As someone who did burn quite a few in my younger years, I can say that there's nothing more pathetic to me than seeing a 30 or 40 year old adult still hitting the bowl. But that's just my POV.

And BTW, I think your backtracking on the reason you posted this thread is laughable.

Look I'm not going to keep arguing with you, I don't have any personal beef with you. You win. I lose. Are you happy?

I like posting here and enjoy reading a lot of the posters on here. I've been doing it for 8 years now. I have yet to make any enemies and I'm not going to start now. If you don't agree with me or like me then thats fine. I can live with that.

Look I'm not going to keep arguing with you, I don't have any personal beef with you. You win. I lose. Are you happy?

I like posting here and enjoy reading a lot of the posters on here. I've been doing it for 8 years now. I have yet to make any enemies and I'm not going to start now. If you don't agree with me or like me then thats fine. I can live with that.

Fair enough.

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91472

"it now costs $100k to own and keep a similarly inefficient full size pickup running for five years."

I don't feel sorry for anyone who has a truck or SUV and is paying out the a** for gas. If you didn't have the foresight to see that the increase in SUV and Truck sales would effect the economy the way it has then you deserve what you get when you pay $80 to fill up your tank.

Exception of coarse to big families or those that need these trucks for work. Other then that though the average single guy or gal that drives a Hummer or Expedition is either an idiot or doesn't care about the effect they have on the economy or the world we live in.

What if you bought your big bad SUV 8 years ago and it's all paid for now and I don't want another car payment ? Also my H3 gets the same gas milage as that guy who bought a new Murano ? You realize your going to have everyone after you with comments like that don't you ?

Alright, I'm backing off. I'm also not looking to make any (more) enemies, I've got enough on the P,P&P board. :thumbsup:

This is the lighthearted board so I'll relax. Not to beat the dead horse, but if you post something like this, generally people will call you (or me) out if your postings aren't consistent.

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

FWIW- I also am a hunter. I don't buy any red meat throughout the year until after I run out of venison. It's much healthier than beef and I think it tastes better. It also is a naturally occurring, managed resource. If you live in Buffalo you know there is no shortage of deer. People will find out one of these days that their meat doesn't magically show up on a styrofoam plate. And if fuel prices keep rising at the rate they have been, that time is coming sooner than later...

Alright, I'm backing off. I'm also not looking to make any (more) enemies, I've got enough on the P,P&P board. :thumbsup:

This is the lighthearted board so I'll relax. Not to beat the dead horse, but if you post something like this, generally people will call you (or me) out if your postings aren't consistent.

Anyway, no harm, no foul.

FWIW- I also am a hunter. I don't buy any red meat throughout the year until after I run out of venison. It's much healthier than beef and I think it tastes better. It also is a naturally occurring, managed resource. If you live in Buffalo you know there is no shortage of deer. People will find out one of these days that their meat doesn't magically show up on a styrofoam plate. And if fuel prices keep rising at the rate they have been, that time is coming sooner than later...

I'm going to start raising beef cattle. I'll go hunting for a cow after I get a decent herd going.

Have you seen "I am Legend"? If the SHTF deer hunting skills will be very usefull! (Along with a good zombie killing strategy!)