Thoughts and opinions.

In light of the Marshawn Lynch situation it might not be a bad idea to take a harder look at signing FA RB Shaun Alexander. There's benefits that could be appealing for a team like the Bills. Here's a RB with a distinguished career that is winding down but has a sterling character. I'm all for winning and even making concessions on the character vs production scenario but having some questionable situations with some of our star players (Lynch, Hardy etc.) this off season is giving me a very uneasy feeling so far. I'm not convicting Lynch, I think that he's a good guy and hopefully he wasn't even in the vehicle but this latest incident is just another example on how vulnerable this team could be. On a lesser value I haven't forgotten the Anthony Hargrove suspension last year. He wasn't as valuable as Lynch is to this team but his suspension couldn't have come at a worse time either.

Alexander could/would be a great compliment to Fred Jackson on and off the field in the event that this Lynch thing gets out of hand. What would be another benefit with Alexander is that he has played plenty of games in inclement weather.

I was happy to see the Bills get the ball rolling by trying to re-sign Lee Evans and hopefully this doesn't become a distraction for him and the team and gets resolves sooner rather than later. The direction of the team is very important at this time and it concerns me to see some our latest additions having some difficulty adjusting to the bright lights while others like Evans, Edwards, Jackson, and Losman just come in and want to play football. It's our offense and the players on it that will make the difference for our success or failure this season. I'm not running up the flag or pulling a chicken little but having some solid additional insurance going into the season might not be a bad idea.

In light of the Marshawn Lynch situation it might not be a bad idea to take a harder look at signing FA RB Shaun Alexander. There's benefits that could be appealing for a team like the Bills. Here's a RB with a distinguished career that is winding down but has a sterling character. I'm all for winning and even making concessions on the character vs production scenario but having some questionable situations with some of our star players (Lynch, Hardy etc.) this off season is giving me a very uneasy feeling so far. I'm not convicting Lynch, I think that he's a good guy and hopefully he wasn't even in the vehicle but this latest incident is just another example on how vulnerable this team could be. On a lesser value I haven't forgotten the Anthony Hargrove suspension last year. He wasn't as valuable as Lynch is to this team but his suspension couldn't have come at a worse time either.

Alexander could/would be a great compliment to Fred Jackson on and off the field in the event that this Lynch thing gets out of hand. What would be another benefit with Alexander is that he has played plenty of games in inclement weather.

I was happy to see the Bills get the ball rolling by trying to re-sign Lee Evans and hopefully this doesn't become a distraction for him and the team and gets resolves sooner rather than later. The direction of the team is very important at this time and it concerns me to see some our latest additions having some difficulty adjusting to the bright lights while others like Evans, Edwards, Jackson, and Losman just come in and want to play football. It's our offense and the players on it that will make the difference for our success or failure this season. I'm not running up the flag or pulling a chicken little but having some solid additional insurance going into the season might not be a bad idea.

Slow time of year for the 'ole Tipster I see. :rolleyes:

Tipster is right Alexander's character has been impeccable and he would provide veteran knowledge to the RB corps...unfortunately I really don't think he has anything at all left in the tank, which sucks since I was always a fan of his in Seattle. If he could still play at all, he would already be a Patriot.

I noticed that the Patrtiots protected themselves in the Nick Kaczur situation by picking up OL Oliver Ross. Regardless of who the FA RB is it still wouldn't hurt to have insurance in the event that this Lynch incident takes a nasty turn for the worse. The only other solution is if the Bills feel that they already have the right RBs on the current roster.