If you were a #2 NFL QB...

If you were a #2 NFL QB  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which scenario do you consider a greater success

• You get yourself a shiny new Super Bowl ring without ever taking a snap all year
    • You win the starting job by week three and make the Pro Bowl despite just missing the playoffs

Winning the superbowl is all nice and good. If I'm an NFL caliber qb, who's relatively young, with potential to grow. I'd much rather win the starting job, and make the pro bowl despite missing the post season. Knowing there's a chance my team could build around, my ability as a quarterback. I feel the other option is an acceptance mentality. Something you can't have as a pro level player.

I just wanna play man. The superbowl would be nice, and I'm sure that back up QB's feel like they own the victory a little bit, because undoubtedly they do contribute to the team throughout the year, even if they don't get any playing time. It is difficult for us to sit here and know what that feels like. I'd take the playing time myself.

If I played just 1 snap, or even if i played special teams or something, I would rather have the SB ring, but if I really did nothing.... the ring would have no meaning to me.

I know they give rings to players who were on the team at some point and left in mid season. What do those players do with their ring? do they wear it around telling everyone he won the SB? I dont think so.

If I'm a #2 QB on an NFL roster then chances are I've already played a decent amount of football and am earning a pretty nice salary. In that case, I'd like to be a part of a Super Bowl winning franchise.

Winning the superbowl is all nice and good. If I'm an NFL caliber qb, who's relatively young, with potential to grow. I'd much rather win the starting job, and make the pro bowl despite missing the post season. Knowing there's a chance my team could build around, my ability as a quarterback. I feel the other option is an acceptance mentality. Something you can't have as a pro level player.

Fully agree on this one. I'd much rather play and have the controls.

Give me, or any NFL caliber player the choice, and they would just want to play. Also, look at it this way: when your contract is up, which of these scenarios would be more likely to garner you a big payday?

Any pro athlete, let alone a #2 QB in the NFL, should want to grab as much glory as possible during the very short amount of time they have to do so. Anyone who is content being a back-up, no matter how good their team is, is a Billy Volek...i.e., a loser.